Author Topic: JLB's best concert during the "Along For The Ride" tour?  (Read 4043 times)

Online abydos

• DT.net
Re: JLB's best concert during the "Along For The Ride" tour?
« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2014, 11:21:11 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3SDz89uX48

I think this thread is appropriate for this kind of video - wasteland and other bootleg collectors, please listen to 11:27 and tell me if you've EVER heard JLB pull this off.

OH MY GOD JAMES! I heard him do something similar at the 7.18 show, that is rise up to D and back down to B, but this has so much more power and I swear he goes higher for just a split second.
This happened last night: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ttr5wA6TXGA#t=640

Videos of Scarred, ToT and few others haven't been uploaded but the ending of SDV here is the best I've heard him do (well, best sounding YT at least). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwYm7jvoLhA&feature=player_detailpage#t=198
I'm sorry I ever doubted you, James. YT clips don't do him justice, his voice sounds so much more full and with more power live.

Offline PwnsomeWin

« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2014, 06:12:12 PM »
Reviving this now that the tour is over. Any new performances you guys thought were really good?

Offline sylvinception

• His name is Tyler Durden.
« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2014, 05:05:28 AM »
"JLB's best concert during the "Along For The Ride" tour?"

No one on this forum has been to ALL the DT shows, so I don't really see how we could answer to this question. :justjen

Oh and by the way : "It is definitely noticeable that LaBrie's voice often isn't what it used to be."
That kind of comments are becoming more and more boring, we are all aware of that fact, so move the fuck on. :yeahright
OH MY GOD, I'M WATCHED!!!

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2014, 06:46:44 AM »

No one on this forum has been to ALL the DT shows, so I don't really see how we could answer to this question. :justjen

Oh and by the way : "It is definitely noticeable that LaBrie's voice often isn't what it used to be."
That kind of comments are becoming more and more boring, we are all aware of that fact, so move the fuck on. :yeahright
Well, aren't we a ray of sunshine this morning!
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline The Holy Tune

« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2014, 07:24:24 AM »
He didn't sound so well at TEI and TSF but man the rest of the show was amazing, I thought James would've been tired until 7.31 (which was the end of the 2nd European leg) but he nailed the whole concert. Also he does that "going up and down again" thing on Lie better than at Budapest I believe, here take a look at the concert if you got time guys:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEBVWAuGjHM

Edit: He also does something epic at The Mirror right before the "How in the hell could you possibly forgive me" part, too bad BTFW version of this song doesn't have it...

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #40 on: November 19, 2014, 07:51:10 AM »
I've been to all the DT shows on this tour and JLB's voice is definitely not the same as 20 years ago.  Just sayin' in case no one here was aware of that fact.  :lol :p
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline Grizz

« Reply #41 on: November 19, 2014, 05:10:32 PM »
"I raised the baby, I changed the baby's diapers.  Whenever the baby had projectile diarrhea, I was there in the line of fire.  I even got a little in my mouth!  I sacrificed so much for my baby.  Now my baby hates me and thinks Mike Mangini is its real father!"

Offline PwnsomeWin

« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2014, 07:08:49 PM »

You need to take a chill pill.

For your first argument... "you guys think he sung best at" I'm not looking for a best, it's an opinionated question.

And it is not my problem that that is often said on here. I wrote that because that was the reason for the topic title. Did you stop reading my post after seeing that? Because your intelligence doesn't seem high.