Author Topic: Metallica Thread  (Read 179733 times)

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Metallica Thread
« Reply #2905 on: June 16, 2023, 06:08:27 AM »
Also, if you care, his new signature cigar, the Blackened M81, is a pretty good smoke.

I gotta give this a shot, I'm not much of a cigar smoker but I do enjoy one from time to time.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2906 on: June 16, 2023, 07:05:18 AM »
Also, if you care, his new signature cigar, the Blackened M81, is a pretty good smoke.

I gotta give this a shot, I'm not much of a cigar smoker but I do enjoy one from time to time.
Just a heads up if you grab one.  It's a bit robust.  Eat something before you smoke it.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #2907 on: June 16, 2023, 11:27:35 AM »
Will definitely be trying one of those at some point!

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #2908 on: June 18, 2023, 07:27:08 AM »
Since it's Metallica weekend (saw them live on Friday and again tonight) I've spent a lot of the week just listening through the discography again. And I thought just for fun I'd throw in my album rankings from worst to best with a little bit of info about my motivations and such.

11. St. Anger
I know it has some defenders but for me it's pretty much dead last with no real challenger (I'm not gonna count Lulu). There are some good riffs and ideas but most of the songs are way too long, way too repetitive and the production on this album just makes it borderline unlistenable. They have done some of the songs live and 'redeemed' them so it's not all bad, and I can get a little bit of guilty pleasure enjoyment if I listen to this for nostalgia. (Takes me back to listening to this album, and a bunch of nu-metal albums around 2005 or so playing Need For Speed). Biggest negative is that I don't think there's a single song on here that I love. Even the better ones drag on too long or have an unlistenable drum snare in there. It's not the worst thing ever but it's not great.

10. Death Magnetic
I've gone back and forth on this one. When it came out people hailed it as a return to form, "best since AJFA" and so on. After that there was some backlash about the sound of the album, and I must admit I always felt this sounded a bit passionless. Like a band returning to a safe sound to win the fans back, but to me it didn't feel like their hearts were in it. Upon revisit I do think the truth lies somewhere in the middle. It's a decent album with a couple of good songs, for me The Day That Never Comes and That Was Just Your Life stands out. The second half is where the album runs out of steam for me though, Unforgiven III feels like a pretty pointless sequel to an already pointless sequel to a classic. First half of the album has enough highlights to make this enjoyable.

9. 72 Seasons
I've been debating about this album and whether it would be 9 or 8 but I think in the end this feels like a good spot. There are some similar complaints with this that I have with Death Magnetic, at times a bit flat sounding, at times the songs are a bit overly long, but there are some nice highlights that really make me enjoy this a bit more than Death Magnetic. Inamorata, 72 Seasons, If Darkness Had a Son, Lux Aeterna and You Must Burn! are all pretty great imo. There's a few songs that are a bit unremarkable like Sleepwalk My Life Away but overall I think it's a pretty solid album from a band who has been active for 40 years.

8. Reload
90's Metallica actually holds a special place in my heart and I do not dislike that era as much as many people, with S&M playing a key part in me getting into the band. Reload never quite scratched my itch as much as its predecessor and I think one big reason for that is that I never loved the singles here. Fuel is okay (certainly better live than on album) and The Memory Remains is also... okay, but neither of the two blew me away. I also never quite dug Unforgiven II, so this album actually starts off a bit lackluster for me. I will say that Devil's Dance is a great tune with a nice groove. I do feel overall that Load has the stronger batch of songs and Reload has a couple of interesting experiments that don't quite land, but it does have a couple of huge songs for me like Low Man's Lyric (would probably make my top20 Metallica songs) and Fixxxer owns bones. But yeah it's 75 minutes and a lot of it is just kinda OK.

7. Hardwired to Self-Destruct
I was late to the party on this one and before my most recent revisit of these albums, I had this a spot or two lower. I didn't hear this album until earlier this year for the first time and went into it a bit skeptical because the praise was pretty high. But it is a pretty great album and especially taking into account it's a later era Metallica album, when most of their other output was mixed, this is really an accomplishment. The one thing holding it down is that I haven't really identified my favorite/standout tracks yet, but I do consider this to be a very solid listening experience. It also sounds pretty good by modern Metallica production standards and it has a nice energy to it.

6. Kill 'Em All
The debut is probably higher for some people but I consider it more of 'signs of better things to come'. James vocals aren't up there yet, the production isn't as great as the next few albums and it's not without its flaws. Yet it is probably the best debut album by one of the big four thrash metal bands. There are some great songs on here, I still love Seek & Destroy even if it's been overplayed and other songs like Whiplash or Hit the Lights are great. Overall a great album.

5. Metallica (The Black Album)
The one that fans either love or hate it seems like. For me this album falls in a similar place as The Number of the Beast by Iron Maiden, where it's slightly diminished by having a few hit songs that have been overplayed to the point where I feel fatigued. Enter Sandman and Nothing Else Matters are songs I could take a break from and be okay with. But I do think Sad But True is one of their greats, Unforgiven is very good and Wherever I May Roam is low key maybe even my favorite song on here. I do think Black Album has a bit of filler though, there's definitely a couple of songs on here that aren't as good as the rest. But overall it's a classic for a reason, for me it just sounds great as an album. Say what you want about Bob Rock but his 90's Metallica albums sound great IMO.

4. Load
The controversial one, even more because I almost want to push it into my top3. I love alternative metal/rock from the 90s though so I don't mind them doing something different. The first half of this album is about as good as any Metallica album for me. Ain't My Bitch is a solid opener, 2X4 is great, The House that Jack Built is heavily underrated, Until it Sleeps rules, King Nothing is one of my favorite Metallica singles, Hero of the Day is a good ballad and Bleeding Me is a top10 Metallica song for me. The second half does lose some steam and you could cut maybe 2 songs or so and make it better. But there's still great songs there. Mama Said, Thorn Within and The Outlaw Torn especially are some great tunes.

3. Ride the Lightning
The top3 is hard to separate for me and I know this one will be some people's favorite. I'm really splitting hairs though and the only 'weakness' I found is that I'm not that huge on Escape, and even Trapped Under Ice is a song I can take or leave. I don't dislike it by any means but it's not Creeping Death/For Whom the Bell Tolls/Fade to Black levels or anything. This album is a classic though and I can't really say much negative about it at all because I love it.

2. And Justice For All
Yes, having audible bass would most definitely have improved this album. However, I do find myself digging the vibe of this album and it feels proggier in nature than their other albums. Some of their best songs like Blackened, Harvester of Sorrow, One, the title track, but also some killer fast songs like The Shortest Straw and Dyers Eve. The Frayed Ends of Sanity also slaps hard. I totally get people putting this third or fourth because the mix bothers them that much, but for me the songs are so good.

1. Master of Puppets
Perfect album if you ask me. Battery-Master of Puppets-The Thing That Should Not Be-Sanitarium, what a crazy first half. And when you think "Oh surely the album will dip now" you get Disposable Heroes kicking you in the face followed by the underrated Leper Messiah and Orion - imo their best instrumental. When you think the album will end with a ballad or something you get Damage Inc that just ends it all on a high. I know most debates come down to Ride vs Puppets for the best album and in my opinion Puppets is just slightly better. Battery for me is a more iconic and stronger opener than Fight Fire With Fire, Master of Puppets is the better title track, and while Bells might be a hair better than The Thing, and Fade to Black might be a hair better (or equal) to Sanitarium, I definitely think Disposable Heroes and Leper Messiah spanks Trapped Under Ice and Escape. Orion for me beats Kthulu, I can't say Damage Inc beats Creeping Death but overall MoP still wins most of those matches for me.

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2909 on: June 18, 2023, 07:42:06 AM »

Just a heads up if you grab one.  It's a bit robust.  Eat something before you smoke it.

Thanks for the heads up, I definitely will!

Offline Pappy

« Reply #2910 on: June 18, 2023, 08:45:37 AM »

4. Load
The controversial one, even more because I almost want to push it into my top3. I love alternative metal/rock from the 90s though so I don't mind them doing something different. The first half of this album is about as good as any Metallica album for me. Ain't My Bitch is a solid opener, 2X4 is great, The House that Jack Built is heavily underrated, Until it Sleeps rules, King Nothing is one of my favorite Metallica singles, Hero of the Day is a good ballad and Bleeding Me is a top10 Metallica song for me. The second half does lose some steam and you could cut maybe 2 songs or so and make it better. But there's still great songs there. Mama Said, Thorn Within and The Outlaw Torn especially are some great tunes.

I'm with you on Load. It's my favorite Metallica record. The one I'll listen to the most. But when ranking albums RTL-MOP-AJFA are just there in the way.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #2911 on: June 19, 2023, 03:24:08 PM »
Eh, for Load you had to be there. Sure now it's easy to listen to it with an open mind, but back then it was kinda a shock for the metal community. I was young and musically uneducated, I just started the year before to listen to heavy metal, and Load was the first new album by Metallica and it left everyone a bit WTF. Also, the change of style, the Napster thing.... sure, now we're in the Spotify era, now we learnt to not care for the looks, but the feeling of "what the hell have they done" was real, they were also all over MTV and coming from the Black Album it was a bit of a shock. But I'm sure the Black album itself was a shock for people coming from Justice.

I agree however on the mere musical judgement of Load - first half is very strong, just ditch 2-3 of the lesser songs to make it tighter.

Glad to see Hardwired as the best of the recent albums, it's a really solid one.

Even more glad to see St. Anger rightfully at the very last place  ;D

And while Master is obviously a timeless masterpiece and I will never argue with someone declaring Metallica's best album, or their favorite, MY personal favorite is Ride the Lightning. No complaints about Master, I just like Ride the Lightning more. An absolutely killer and historical run of four initial songs, Trapped Under Ice is cool, Call of Ktulu is an awesome epic instrumental, and Creeping Death is my favorite ever Metallica song. Escape is not that bad enough to bring the album down. Ride the Lightning is my favorite Metallica album.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Pappy

« Reply #2912 on: June 19, 2023, 05:30:35 PM »
Eh, for Load you had to be there. Sure now it's easy to listen to it with an open mind, but back then it was kinda a shock for the metal community. I was young and musically uneducated, I just started the year before to listen to heavy metal, and Load was the first new album by Metallica and it left everyone a bit WTF. Also, the change of style, the Napster thing.... sure, now we're in the Spotify era, now we learnt to not care for the looks, but the feeling of "what the hell have they done" was real, they were also all over MTV and coming from the Black Album it was a bit of a shock. But I'm sure the Black album itself was a shock for people coming from Justice.

I agree however on the mere musical judgement of Load - first half is very strong, just ditch 2-3 of the lesser songs to make it tighter.

Glad to see Hardwired as the best of the recent albums, it's a really solid one.

Even more glad to see St. Anger rightfully at the very last place  ;D

And while Master is obviously a timeless masterpiece and I will never argue with someone declaring Metallica's best album, or their favorite, MY personal favorite is Ride the Lightning. No complaints about Master, I just like Ride the Lightning more. An absolutely killer and historical run of four initial songs, Trapped Under Ice is cool, Call of Ktulu is an awesome epic instrumental, and Creeping Death is my favorite ever Metallica song. Escape is not that bad enough to bring the album down. Ride the Lightning is my favorite Metallica album.

I came on board with Metallica with S&M so naturally Load/Reload wasn't a shock to the system.

As for St. Anger I feel if they spent a few months right now and cleaned it up. Rearranged some things here and there. Add solos where they can fit. Turn the snare on. It'd be a killer album. Frantic/St. Anger/Dirty Window have sounded absolutely killer these last few years that they've played them. Of course All Within My Hands has been completely redone and it's great. There is a good album there, good ideas, good riffs, they just weren't able to get there in 2003.

Offline WardySI

« Reply #2913 on: June 22, 2023, 07:24:09 AM »
Enjoyed reading that write up thanks Zantera cheers

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #2914 on: June 22, 2023, 10:45:55 AM »
Random thought: the two setlists approach, with two shows with no repeat songs, is most likely a combination of artistic, logistic and also monetary reasons.

Playing two shows of course earns you more than a single show; having two setlists to fill gives you more freedom with all the songs from the back catalog; and speaking of the back catalog, Metallica are at that point where they "could" play 3 hour shows with 25 songs or more.

Since their music is much more energetic and they're probably too old by now to play 3 hours and a half like Bruce Springsteen does, the two shows approach is the best of both worlds - fan get to see Metallica playing 32 songs.... but they do so over two nights, with a rest for the band in between. All in all is a smart move that works on all fronts - the money, the creativity and the stamina.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Pappy

« Reply #2915 on: June 22, 2023, 12:51:39 PM »
It has many benefits. They can cut down on the world touring. Two shows in one place allows people to come to them. They’ve already in the past few years gone from 18 song sets to 16. Metallica of course have a very deep pool of songs they use on a tour. This helps with trying to fit songs from new record with trying to fit in the classics plus the deep cuts Lars will throw in. This point in their career it’s just a plain brilliant idea.

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #2916 on: June 22, 2023, 02:11:12 PM »
Honestly they probably could have made it 3 unique nights worth of songs. There was still plenty of great stuff not touched (they only played 1/3 of Justice, couple of songs left from Ride and MoP, did not play Unforgiven for example) and with 3 nights you also could have thrown in a few more surprises.

Don't get me wrong, I was really happy with the 2 nights but aside from a huge No Leaf Clover surprise, a lot of it felt sort of 'expected'. Even when they do 2 nights worth of unique songs I still didn't get some songs I love like Bleeding Me, Outlaw Torn or King Nothing. Not that I would expect them to play Fixxxer or Low Man's Lyric but hey a man can dream.

Offline Pappy

« Reply #2917 on: June 22, 2023, 02:20:02 PM »
Honestly they probably could have made it 3 unique nights worth of songs. There was still plenty of great stuff not touched (they only played 1/3 of Justice, couple of songs left from Ride and MoP, did not play Unforgiven for example) and with 3 nights you also could have thrown in a few more surprises.

Don't get me wrong, I was really happy with the 2 nights but aside from a huge No Leaf Clover surprise, a lot of it felt sort of 'expected'. Even when they do 2 nights worth of unique songs I still didn't get some songs I love like Bleeding Me, Outlaw Torn or King Nothing. Not that I would expect them to play Fixxxer or Low Man's Lyric but hey a man can dream.

Yeah on this Europe run they seemed to have an oddly specific set with 2-3 rotated spots. Hopefully this next leg they start doing some other 72 songs. All my favorites haven’t been played yet.
Btw if they play Bleed or Outlaw in St Louis you’ll never hear from me again. I’ll have dropped dead on the spot.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2918 on: June 22, 2023, 02:24:35 PM »
They are a rare band that is big enough to be able to dictate the terms of their touring.  It's a cool idea and concept.  What you didn't even mention was two different opening bands each night as well, so if you go to both nights you get two completely different shows and while I'm not much of a 5 Finger Death Punch fan, they overall did a great job picking relevant bands.  The Metlife Stadium show in NJ that I'm attending sold real well too so the stadium will be full both nights.  I'm really excited for the first night having Mammoth WVH and Pantera opening. That's an incredible 3 band bill IMO.  It was also awesome seeing Nightwish and Epica filling in the 5FDP slot on the Euro shows.

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #2919 on: June 22, 2023, 03:06:24 PM »
Just for the fun of it, I decided to take on the challenge and make 3 different/unique setlists for 3 nights that would follow the formula of this tour (3x 72 seasons songs per night, rest spread from the other albums, 16 songs a night, no encore, no repeats, similar structure to the set) and I came up with something like this:

Creeping Death
Harvester of Sorrow
Of Wolf and Man
Until it Sleeps
--
72 Seasons
Screaming Suicide
Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
You Must Burn!
--
The Call of Kthulu
The Memory Remains
The Frayed Ends of Sanity
Nothing Else Matters
--
Moth Into Flame
Fuel
Seek & Destroy
Master of Puppets

Disposable Heroes
For Whom the Bell Tolls
Dyers Eve
King Nothing
--
Lux Aeterna
Too Far Gone?
Fade to Black
Inamorata
--
Orion
The Unforgiven
Spit Out the Bone
The Outlaw Torn
--
Hit the Lights
Sad But True
The Day That Never Comes
One

Whiplash
Ride the Lightning
The Thing That Should Not Be
Low Man's Lyric
--
Chasing Light
Sleepwalk My Life Away
And Justice For All
If Darkness Had a Son
--
Fight Fire With Fire
No Leaf Clover
Wherever I May Roam
Bleeding Me
--
Blackened
Fixxxer
Battery
Enter Sandman

(And i'm still trimming off a bunch of great songs as well as not having any covers in there. Maybe chuck in a 2 song encore in each night if you want some more coverage)

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #2920 on: June 22, 2023, 03:41:24 PM »
I would go to those shows.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #2921 on: June 22, 2023, 04:20:08 PM »
I would go to those shows.

It's a shame that many legacy bands like Metallica or Maiden just don't have like 1 or 2 slots in the setlist that is a sort of 'joker' slot where anything goes. Debuting a song never played live before or bringing something out that nobody would see coming. Metallica has done it with their special acoustic shows and Maiden to be fair just brought Alexander the Great out, but there's still so much cool things to do.

I know I keep harping on about Load/Reload era stuff like Fixxxer/Low Man's Lyric/The House That Jack Built (in their defense they have played Bleeding Me and The Outlaw Torn a fair bit) but that's mostly because they've played most of the classic albums a lot over the years. If you're doing a 2 hour show, it's not crazy to think you could 'sacrifice' 10 minutes or so to bring out something really cool and unique, and unexpected in the setlist. You still have plenty of time for the classics and I think you can please both hardcore and casual fans.

Offline ozzy554

« Reply #2922 on: June 23, 2023, 05:49:58 PM »
Finally listened to the new Metallica album and its.....fine. There are no bad songs on it but most of it feels so safe. Inamorata is a standout though. Has a nice Black Sabbath like groove to it and a bit of welcomed variety that I wish the rest of the album had.
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #2923 on: June 23, 2023, 08:33:59 PM »
There’s some growers on there which I think you’ll agree with after a few more listens. But no, they’re not branching into new territory here and I sure hope no one bet the farm on that happening.

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #2924 on: June 24, 2023, 12:55:58 AM »
Now that it's been some time I think it's a pretty decent album. Sure it's closer to the bottom than the top if you rank Metallica albums, but is anyone really expecting them to put out another masterpiece these days? Inamorata, 72 Seasons, Lux Aeterna, If Darkness Had a Son and You Must Burn! stand out for me and I think it has more good than bad on it.

Offline Azyiu

« Reply #2925 on: June 24, 2023, 02:43:38 PM »
Now that it's been some time I think it's a pretty decent album. Sure it's closer to the bottom than the top if you rank Metallica albums, but is anyone really expecting them to put out another masterpiece these days? Inamorata, 72 Seasons, Lux Aeterna, If Darkness Had a Son and You Must Burn! stand out for me and I think it has more good than bad on it.

Those songs you mentioned plus Chasing Light, Sleep Walking My Life Away are my designated driving songs.  :biggrin:
1949, 1950, 1952, 1953,
1954, 1972, 1980, 1982,
1985, 1987, 1988, 2000,
2001, 2002, 2009, 2010... 2020

Offline DoctorAction

• Everyday Glory
« Reply #2926 on: June 24, 2023, 05:02:12 PM »

I'm still enjoying it and playing it couple of times a week, which I'm absolutely shocked by.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2927 on: June 25, 2023, 02:03:50 AM »
So after years of not touching my guitar, I decided to pick it up. When I played I focused more on leads. I could do rhythm alright, but I couldn't do it properly. As in I alternate picked instead of downpicked everything. So, in my Hetfield-esque aspirations, I am working on rhythm. I've been focusing on playing Master of Puppets only with downpicking, and man... my wrist is fucking tired lol.
Listen! Do you smell something?

Offline Duetsch Dream Dates

• Rocky Mountain High!
« Reply #2928 on: June 25, 2023, 08:24:36 AM »
"If Darkness Had a Son" has grown the most for me, considering I'm initially ranked it lowest of the pre-album releases.

What a great tune, love James' references to himself in the first verse, quite powerful.

Offline SeRoX

• DTF.org Member
  • The VoiceMaster
« Reply #2929 on: June 25, 2023, 03:04:55 PM »
James covering James.

Pull Me Under: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yedhS9HEi9o&ab_channel=AIPlaygrounds

This AI things go crazy but I love it.
Quote from: Plasmastrike
SeRoX is right!
Quote from: Nihil-Morari
SeRoX is DTF's JLB!
As usual, SeRoX is correct.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #2930 on: June 25, 2023, 05:09:13 PM »
It's like Hetfield with a speech impediment.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline nick_z

« Reply #2931 on: June 25, 2023, 06:31:30 PM »
It's like Hetfield with a speech impediment.

:lol was thinking the same thing

Offline Azyiu

« Reply #2932 on: June 26, 2023, 04:46:24 AM »
James covering James.

Pull Me Under: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yedhS9HEi9o&ab_channel=AIPlaygrounds

This AI things go crazy but I love it.

I checked out many songs on that channel. Some songs sound interesting like Kiss From A Rose and Careless Whisper, and I think he needs to stick with metal if James sings anywhere close to what's there. :lol
1949, 1950, 1952, 1953,
1954, 1972, 1980, 1982,
1985, 1987, 1988, 2000,
2001, 2002, 2009, 2010... 2020

Offline nobloodyname

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2933 on: July 01, 2023, 05:01:57 PM »
Paul
Gamer, rocker, humanist, womble
Leicestershire, UK
Getting right out of my comfort zone: www.youtube.com/@paulplayspoorly Go on, you can do it, too! (24/3/2024: Now playing on Paul Plays Poorly!, The Answer Lies Within by Dream Theater)

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2934 on: July 28, 2023, 11:05:31 AM »
I'm trying to get a banner made for the show, first time to do so! My photo-editing chops are long gone though, would anyone be interested in making a simple yellow Metallica logo on a black background for me? couple other details as well.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #2935 on: August 03, 2023, 01:27:32 PM »
Happy 60th birthday to James Hetfield!!!!  :metal the god of rhytm guitar made flash  :hefdaddy

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2936 on: August 03, 2023, 01:52:18 PM »
Happy birthday! I hope they give him a cake tomorrow in NJ, can't wait for Metallica weekend  :metal

Offline DTA

« Reply #2937 on: August 03, 2023, 04:09:13 PM »
Nice I’ll be at MetLife too both Friday and Sunday. I’ll be coming from the Philly airport and getting there probably around 5:30/6, how much of a shitshow do you think the parking situation will be?

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2938 on: August 03, 2023, 08:43:46 PM »
Nice I’ll be at MetLife too both Friday and Sunday. I’ll be coming from the Philly airport and getting there probably around 5:30/6, how much of a shitshow do you think the parking situation will be?

I'd expect some traffic. Prong is playing in lot G at 3pm. I think people will be there early. Mammoth WVh goes on at 6pm as far as I can tell, we are planning to get to the lots around 5pm but Via the train. I'd love to see Prong but 3pm is just too early since I need to work tomorrow.

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #2939 on: August 04, 2023, 08:22:36 AM »
Just landed home in NJ late last night ahead of Metallica weekend. Planning on taking a mini road trip to a brewery somewhere, buying some beers, and getting to the stadium parking lot on the early side if possible.
Photobucket sucks.