Author Topic: Looking for some bits of video that were cut from Boston  (Read 2519 times)

Offline Grizz

Looking for some bits of video that were cut from Boston
« on: November 09, 2014, 05:18:09 PM »
Hello all. Sorry if this is a violation of the banning of shows (considering the gratitude of several high-profile members of my video of Illumination Theory from Boston distributed on March 26 I'm not incredibly concerned), but I'm re-editing Breaking the Fourth Wall (because I can) and am looking for a few bits of video that were cut from the release (and for good reason).

1.) The projection screen dropping between False Awakening Suite and The Enemy Inside. The bootleg from which I'm sourcing audio sends shivers down my spine as the roar of the crowd grows while this happens and I'm wondering if anyone was taking video at this point.

2.) Jibba-jabba between The Shattered Fortress and On the Backs of Angels.
     "Yeah Boston! Finally, we are here at the Boston Opera House! Beautiful venue, gorgeous. And uh I guess it comes as no surprise that we are... shooting, a DVD here this evening. As you can see, the fine, uh, friends with the cranes and uh, hopefully these guys don't drop the crane on my head. Well maybe, drop the crane on my head. If I screw up. But anyways we are here we're gonna shoota DVD this evening along with the fine establishment: Berklee. Music. College. We have an amazing evening planned for you so I'm gonna let it unfold as it should, without me giving you a play-by-play. And I don't like rambling anyways [BS]. Alright? So let's, continue on."

3.) Jibba-jabba before Illumination Theory
      "How's  it soundin' out there? Is it loud? [Absurdly so, James. Find a new sound guy.] It's gotta be loud or it's not rock 'n' roll. [Not this loud, James.] Even though we are playing the Boston Opera House. [Exactly. The walls are designed for unamplified singing, not for concerts in excess of 127 dB.] We are amplified. [Serious understatement that butchered the recording of the orchestra and choir.] So as I was mentioning earlier, um, tsk, quite a few months agough, we were contacted by the, uh, Berklee... College? Of Music. We had this amazing plan, to shooda DVD, (inhale) and include the fine and talented musical students in the insemble. So, at this point, I'd like to call out, the... choir. We want them to come out here, 'cuz it's gonna take them a little bit to get out here, so, (unintelligible) the stage."

I have video beyond that point up until bits of Surrender, Trust, and Passion (far more than enough), so did anyone get anything to fill these gaps? I'm pretty sure that's all of them. I apologize if this is "banned" and in violation of the rules, but considering the lack of song content or importance I figured it'd be all right.
"I raised the baby, I changed the baby's diapers.  Whenever the baby had projectile diarrhea, I was there in the line of fire.  I even got a little in my mouth!  I sacrificed so much for my baby.  Now my baby hates me and thinks Mike Mangini is its real father!"

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • welcome to the wasteland
Re: Looking for some bits of video that were cut from Boston
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2014, 05:59:25 PM »
2.) Jibba-jabba between The Shattered Fortress and On the Backs of Angels.
     "Yeah Boston! Finally, we are here at the Boston Opera House! Beautiful venue, gorgeous. And uh I guess it comes as no surprise that we are... shooting, a DVD here this evening. As you can see, the fine, uh, friends with the cranes and uh, hopefully these guys don't drop the crane on my head. Well maybe, drop the crane on my head. If I screw up. But anyways we are here we're gonna shoota DVD this evening along with the fine establishment: Berklee. Music. College. We have an amazing evening planned for you so I'm gonna let it unfold as it should, without me giving you a play-by-play. And I don't like rambling anyways [BS]. Alright? So let's, continue on."
hahahaha which genius cut this off? :biggrin: everyone loves some JLB banter.

Don't try to BS her about Kevin Moore facts, she will obscure quote you in the face.

type : mora : and delete the spaces for a surprise

Offline TheAtliator

• Sixdegrematichaos onachristmasmorning
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2014, 01:56:26 AM »
That was an amazing read  :rollin I've got to hear this

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2014, 11:57:16 AM »
The best parts were forgetting Erin's name and thanking the BOSTON College Of Music at the end of the show! :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline PwnsomeWin

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2014, 04:03:51 PM »
I assume you want the video from the same source as the DVD? Like, not fan video?

Offline Grizz

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2014, 04:07:43 PM »
I'm assuming that I can only get fan video. I'll take whatever I can get.
"I raised the baby, I changed the baby's diapers.  Whenever the baby had projectile diarrhea, I was there in the line of fire.  I even got a little in my mouth!  I sacrificed so much for my baby.  Now my baby hates me and thinks Mike Mangini is its real father!"

Offline Grizz

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2014, 10:42:42 PM »
Okay, so the compositing, special effects, etc. need to be done right, but this should give you a general idea of my project. Thoughts? https://youtu.be/ARbkJFopuMo (Probably will be processing until ~12:50 EST 12/18/2014)

Offline TheAtliator

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2014, 11:09:21 AM »
I have a feeling that by the time you're done here I'll have wished I bought your version. :lol It's so much better hearing the audience cheering at the beginning and not have a giant track-switch break between the intro and the sets. Although I can see why they didn't have the audience during the intro, as this is a different version of FAS than the album version.

Offline Grizz

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2014, 06:49:45 PM »
Anyone got the link to the old Looking Glass video?

Offline TheAtliator

Offline TheAtliator

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2015, 11:03:45 AM »
Any news on this?  :corn

Offline Grizz

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2015, 01:53:01 PM »
I'm alive but I haven't really done much work on this as of late.
School, man...