Author Topic: Devin Townsend v. Offer Your Posts  (Read 229607 times)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Devin Townsend v. Offer Your Posts
« Reply #2590 on: April 12, 2023, 08:32:40 AM »
Looks like the US is now going to get Devin opening for Dream Theater.  My two favorite DTs. That should be a fun one!

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Keeper of the Seven Sloths
« Reply #2591 on: June 01, 2023, 09:03:08 PM »
https://www.omerch.eu/shop/devintownsend/products/devin-townsend-devolution-series-number-3-empath-live-in-america-ltd-cd-digipak

New release coming soon: Devolution Series #3: Empath Live in America

No clue which show. Not a lot of dates to choose from since that tour got cancelled halfway through.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2023, 09:08:17 PM by Metropolaris »

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2592 on: June 01, 2023, 09:08:17 PM »
https://www.omerch.eu/shop/devintownsend/products/devin-townsend-devolution-series-number-3-empath-live-in-america-ltd-cd-digipak

New release coming soon: Devolution Series #3: Empath Live in America

Is it just me or does it seem a little strange for "Empath Live" to be a part of the name, considering only two of the 11 songs are from Empath.

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2593 on: June 01, 2023, 09:12:19 PM »
It is strange. It leaves out a few of songs that were played frequently on that tour, like Deadhead, War, and Genesis. I'll still pick it up.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2594 on: June 02, 2023, 08:24:37 AM »
Yeah Im curious which show this or these are from (could be a mix of shows).  I saw two shows in 2020 before it shut down so maybe I was at one of these.

EDIT:

Here's Evermore from it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcZ1Yp70kG0
« Last Edit: June 02, 2023, 08:31:17 AM by cramx3 »

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #2596 on: June 30, 2023, 07:38:00 PM »
Looks like the US is now going to get Devin opening for Dream Theater.  My two favorite DTs. That should be a fun one!
:metal
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #2597 on: June 30, 2023, 08:57:09 PM »
This should be interesting. Anneke and Ché are touring together.

https://www.facebook.com/100044573073303/posts/im-delighted-to-announce-that-the-wonderful-ch%C3%A9-aimee-dorval-will-join-me-on-my-/803960457766383/
Ooh, they are both amazing. Wonder if the tour will come anywhere close to me.
aka Puppies_On_Acid
I peed next to Ian Mosley and Mark Kelly
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2598 on: July 16, 2023, 11:28:50 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/@dream_peace/videos

Dev has uploaded a bunch of material to his DreamPeace channel.

He has 7 ambient albums available for download on HDtracks, if that's something you're into. One of them is just Snuggles under a different name.
https://www.hdtracks.com/#/artist/DreamPeace

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2599 on: September 22, 2023, 06:20:25 AM »
Dev just announced a remaster of Infinity for its 25th Anniversary.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CxfW4ACtUEc/
It comes with 7 bonus tracks, including all the songs from the Christeen EP.

Offline Buddyhunter1

• Professional Mellotron Spotter
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Observe The Train
« Reply #2600 on: September 22, 2023, 07:33:40 AM »
Interesting... the production is one of my biggest problems with the album so if it's substantially better that'll be a considerable improvement.

Devin looks surprisingly buff on the new cover. :lol
BUDDYHUNTER | Debut Demo Out Now! FREE DOWNLOAD: https://buddyhunter.bandcamp.com/
RYM: https://rateyourmusic.com/~buddyhunter1

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2601 on: September 22, 2023, 09:00:16 AM »
I’m curious to how a remaster was possible. It was my understanding that the masters for those early albums were destroyed in a flood around the time Alien was recorded.

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #2602 on: September 22, 2023, 10:59:47 AM »
I've been listening to Lightwork a whole bunch and it is a excellent album. I just acquired Epicloud and Transcendence on cd and have been enjoying the heck out of those too. Those two are really good albums to listen to back to back. Transcendence is probably the stronger album, but Epicloud has a lot of great moments, especially the second half.
I'm a new Dev fan and started with Lightwork and kind of working my way backwards.  I skipped Empath and Z2 just because of availability. I just found and ordered Empath (ultimate edition) from LasersEdge.  This is a fun journey so far and it's gonna take a while to go through his discography.  I can't believe I turned a blind eye or deaf ears to Devin all this time.  The DreamSonic tour won me over to Devy..  :coolio
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline Buddyhunter1

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Observe The Train
« Reply #2603 on: September 22, 2023, 11:05:38 AM »
I’m curious to how a remaster was possible. It was my understanding that the masters for those early albums were destroyed in a flood around the time Alien was recorded.

I thought they were lost too. Hopefully it's not a weird AI remaster or some shit. :lol

I've been listening to Lightwork a whole bunch and it is a excellent album. I just acquired Epicloud and Transcendence on cd and have been enjoying the heck out of those too. Those two are really good albums to listen to back to back. Transcendence is probably the stronger album, but Epicloud has a lot of great moments, especially the second half.
I'm a new Dev fan and started with Lightwork and kind of working my way backwards.  I skipped Empath and Z2 just because of availability. I just found and ordered Empath (ultimate edition) from LasersEdge.  This is a fun journey so far and it's gonna take a while to go through his discography.  I can't believe I turned a blind eye or deaf ears to Devin all this time.  The DreamSonic tour won me over to Devy..  :coolio

You're about to hit the original DTP albums, which are his best albums imo. :corn
BUDDYHUNTER | Debut Demo Out Now! FREE DOWNLOAD: https://buddyhunter.bandcamp.com/

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #2604 on: September 22, 2023, 11:52:46 AM »

I think you'll really enjoy Empath. I consider that one of his most truefelt albums he has done.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #2605 on: September 22, 2023, 05:52:22 PM »
Yes indeed, I'm looking forward to Empath! I love the two songs I've heard from it which are Spirits Will Collide and Genesis. I'm not going listen to any more songs until it arrives in my mailbox.  I had to order the super deluxe version for all the artwork and visuals on the bluray. There's a ton of extras on this format.  Devins music is gonna keep me busy for a while. I like pretty much everything I've heard so far.

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #2606 on: September 29, 2023, 12:36:05 PM »
I received Empath a couple of days ago and wow, it's a lot to take in!  First of all the packaging and artwork is amazing. I got the large ultimate edition so I can really take in the artwork for what it is. Devin gave us a documentary, commentary, an acoustic show, and great visuals to go with the 5.1 mix.  I wish they could have included the same visuals with the stereo mix too, but oh well.
The album itself is huge, and I'm really enjoying it so far.  I need to listen to it a few more times to really fully appreciate it. I can tell that a large amount of time and effort when into this project (probably a understatement) and I can't imagine what the mixing process alone must have been like.

So I have four Devin albums now. Lightwork, Epicloud, Transcendence, and Empath.  My favorites are Lightwork and Transcendence,  but Empath could be right up after a few more listens. It's a lot to process, and I haven't even listened to the second disc yet..  lol!

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2607 on: October 14, 2023, 07:56:57 AM »
The podcast finally returns this Monday the 16th with an episode about Synesthesia

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CyYV5QDqEAm/

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #2608 on: October 14, 2023, 11:06:42 AM »
Cool, thanks for the heads up!  I remember listening to his first podcast, he has quite a story.  I about died laughing after hearing what he did to Roadrunner Records when they first decided to sign him, but all of a sudden turned him down..   :rollin

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #2609 on: October 14, 2023, 11:56:54 AM »
On another topic,  Devin can make some weird choices sometimes. The song "Spirits Will Collide" he brought in somebody to do growling vocals later in second half. It did not help the song whatsoever even though it is a excellent track.
Also on the live dvd of the Empath tour, wearing the tutu..  It really leaves me wondering, WHY oh Whyy!   :facepalm:  :lol
« Last Edit: October 14, 2023, 01:13:32 PM by Architeuthis »

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #2610 on: October 14, 2023, 04:50:38 PM »
On another topic,  Devin can make some weird choices sometimes. The song "Spirits Will Collide" he brought in somebody to do growling vocals later in second half. It did not help the song whatsoever even though it is a excellent track.
Also on the live dvd of the Empath tour, wearing the tutu..  It really leaves me wondering, WHY oh Whyy!   :facepalm:  :lol

I actually prefer Spirits Will Collide on the Empath tour mo so than the album version. Considering what the lyrics are about, it feels more heartfelt and has more of impact to me.

I cracked up hard when I saw him wearing the TUTU during Why. Great song to wear it on too.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #2611 on: October 14, 2023, 06:53:03 PM »

I actually prefer Spirits Will Collide on the Empath tour mo so than the album version. Considering what the lyrics are about, it feels more heartfelt and has more of impact to me.

I cracked up hard when I saw him wearing the TUTU during Why. Great song to wear it on too.
He wore the TUTU  for four songs straight including Genesis and Spirits. I wonder if Che put him up to it? lol!

Online twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #2612 on: October 22, 2023, 04:33:34 PM »
Devy update...

https://youtu.be/tQAWUL1gAB8?feature=shared

He's got a lot going on at the moment, both with his art and in his personal life. I love listening to Devin talk, but he certainly sounds burnt out in this video. As always though, I appreciate his honesty and how vulnerable he can allow himself to be.

Like the sound of the spaceship that he's built :lol  I'll have to try and catch some his love stuff and posts on his YouTube channel.

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2613 on: November 21, 2023, 05:55:01 PM »
So the Infinity remaster is out. My CD arrived yesterday. Gave it a listen this morning, and maybe it’s just recency bias, but I do think it sounds better.

Offline Buddyhunter1

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Observe The Train
« Reply #2614 on: November 21, 2023, 06:26:38 PM »
So the Infinity remaster is out. My CD arrived yesterday. Gave it a listen this morning, and maybe it’s just recency bias, but I do think it sounds better.

That's a pretty low bar to clear, though. :P

I'll give it a listen when it's out on streaming.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2615 on: November 21, 2023, 07:17:20 PM »
I think the original Infinity sounds awesome.  The wild and crazy production is a big part of its charm. 

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2616 on: November 21, 2023, 07:21:24 PM »
That all is still there. It just sounds less “sparkly” to me.

Offline ZKX-2099

• The Drifting Drifter
« Reply #2617 on: November 23, 2023, 08:38:02 AM »
I think it's quite nice.

Offline Fonzie

« Reply #2618 on: November 23, 2023, 03:54:37 PM »
Mine’s delivered tomoz

Looking forward to it

Online twosuitsluke

« Reply #2619 on: November 24, 2023, 01:24:55 AM »
I'll listen to it later today, but I've never had a problem with the original 🤷‍♂️

Nearly listened to the album and I think I need to do a side by side comparison because I can't even tell what the differences are. I do love this album though :tup
« Last Edit: November 24, 2023, 04:31:07 AM by twosuitsluke »

Offline The Curious Orange

• Lord of the Night
« Reply #2620 on: November 24, 2023, 06:49:49 AM »
I think it's quite nice.

I see what you did there.
"And if love remains, though everything is lost,
We will pay the price, but we will not count the cost..."

Offline Buddyhunter1

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Observe The Train
« Reply #2621 on: November 25, 2023, 04:55:26 PM »
The biggest thing I noticed with the Infinity remaster is that the ending to Unity is a lot less distorted, which is a nice change. Apart from that it sounds basically the same. A little more low-balanced than the original.

Also, it took until listening to Life Is All Dynamics today for me to realize how similar-sounding it is to Stormbending.

Online twosuitsluke

« Reply #2622 on: January 13, 2024, 10:06:15 AM »

Looks like we're getting Casualties of Cool II!

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #2623 on: January 13, 2024, 10:21:02 AM »
A sequel to my favorite Hevy Devy album? Finally!
aka Puppies_On_Acid
I peed next to Ian Mosley and Mark Kelly
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline Buddyhunter1

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Observe The Train
« Reply #2624 on: January 13, 2024, 10:29:41 AM »
Hell yeah. He's been talking about that here and there in the update videos he's been uploading on YouTube. They're very rambly, but he's re-iterated that he's working on at least four different projects in various capacities: The Moth (symphonic, his main focus right now), Casualties II, "Power Nerd" (something heavier and more chaotic), and "Axolotl" (something more reserved / closer to his normal sound by comparison).