Author Topic: Haken v. new single Nightingale (April 26)  (Read 440964 times)

Offline Deadeye21

• 30 years say we’re in this together
Re: Haken v. new single Nightingale (April 26)
« Reply #6125 on: July 31, 2022, 04:11:06 AM »
I absolutely love Prosthetic. It’s a great tune!

Yup, awesome opener too. I'm not going to say it's "top Haken" or anything, but it's certainly not a song to miss.

Fairly this actually. It’s not in the upper echelons of Haken, less so as an opener, but it’s not a bad song. I love the section that later gets reprised in Messiah Complex, what I call the War of the Worlds section, I love the chorus. It’s just a really strong song for my ear.
Let's go with a P for Deadeye has premature alphabetejaculation.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #6126 on: July 31, 2022, 02:12:16 PM »
As far as Haken goes, I'd consider Prosthetic pretty mid-tier, but I still enjoy it an absolute ton.

Unrelated, but I saw Pete today and got a chance to catch up about the new album among other things. Sounding pretty exciting - for those of us who got a bit of a Mountain vibe from Nightingale, his personal take is that there's a sense of that throughout the album - not the same style, but a similar feel. What that means in practice I don't know yet. :lol Recording is going well, and having done Nightingale Jens Bogren is scheduled in to mix and (I think) master it.

One thing I learned is how vinyl production times are now double what they were pre-pandemic.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2022, 02:58:23 PM by ariich »

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline Kram

« Reply #6127 on: July 31, 2022, 02:54:49 PM »
I'd be showing up late for any concert that started with Prosthetic.  What a tuneless technical piece of garbage that song is.  I just gave it a fresh listen to see if maybe I missing something,  Nope.  It is terrible.  What a shame that they are now ignoring songs from the first two albums and going down this road of these tuneless super metal tracks.  :tdwn :tdwn
I disagree Kev (and I agree with you 95% of the time).  While it's far from one of my favorite Haken tunes, I think it's a pretty good rocker and a great song to open with.

Offline Implode

• Lord of the Squids
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6128 on: July 31, 2022, 05:19:19 PM »
+1 for really enjoying Prosthetic  :)