Author Topic: Haken v. new single Nightingale (April 26)  (Read 440998 times)

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Re: Haken v. Vector (Oct. 26)
« Reply #3850 on: March 13, 2020, 05:30:28 PM »
I’m hoping eTix gives a full refund. They state their ticket policy is ‘all sales final’ but I filed a request anyway. If it were just me I’d eat the $27 and be done with it but my total bill was $106 for me and the kiddos.

They’re giving full refunds for the event. Kudos to them  :justjen

Yep, yep. Just got the email a bit ago about it.  :tup :tup

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #3851 on: March 14, 2020, 12:41:37 PM »
I’m hoping eTix gives a full refund. They state their ticket policy is ‘all sales final’ but I filed a request anyway. If it were just me I’d eat the $27 and be done with it but my total bill was $106 for me and the kiddos.

Did you have to do anything, or did it just show up? I haven't gotten one.

Sorry we won't all get to meet up. That's a damn shame.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #3852 on: March 14, 2020, 02:16:38 PM »
I emailed yesterday afternoon and had a reply by the time I got home from work a little bit later.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #3853 on: March 14, 2020, 08:43:30 PM »

Did you have to do anything, or did it just show up? I haven't gotten one.

Sorry we won't all get to meet up. That's a damn shame.

What Kev said EB. Sent eTix an email via their website and had a reply within 24 hrs.

I’m as bummed about missing the opportunity to meet you and Bill as I am about not being able to see HAKEN. Maybe someday there will be another chance.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Fritzinger

« Reply #3854 on: March 16, 2020, 06:04:31 AM »
I would let Haken keep my thirty bucks if I had a ticket for a cancelled show of theirs. These times are hard for smaller, independent bands like them, I think. But those thirty bucks wouldn't kill me, and if more people would do that, it would make life much easier for Haken. I wouldn't do the same for bigger bands like Tool or so, but artists like Big Big Train (or iamthemorning or IQ...) don't make that much money from their great music in the first place. And having organize and plan a whole tour, pay for the whole thing and THEN having to refund all the paid ticket money... that can't be easy for them.
any rock can be made to roll

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3855 on: March 16, 2020, 08:04:59 AM »
I'm not sure how things work, but I get the feeling that money wouldn't even go to the band if they never performed.

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #3856 on: March 16, 2020, 08:21:00 AM »
You might well be right. Insomnium and Omnium Gatherum set up a GoFundMe page and said on Facebook that not claiming refunds wouldn't help the band at all, and that it was better to claim their refund and donate instead. Although they set it up in Finland and have had to pause it while they figure out whether it's compatible with Finnish law, but it looks like an American friend of theirs has set another one up in the US instead.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #3857 on: March 16, 2020, 08:44:19 AM »
I'm not sure how things work, but I get the feeling that money wouldn't even go to the band if they never performed.

It just depends on how the original contract was setup by Devin Townsend. Usually support bands don't get paid. Devin might had some guaranteed money from each promoter where he actually played. But he needs to pay everybody else on Devin's touring party (other musicians from HIS band, tour crew, etc) before seeing some money from the gig. The refunded money doesn't go to the band. It goes to the consumer. The best way to help the band right now is buying merch from their website, or donating directly to them (via GofundMe or other means).

Mike Keneally just completed a GoFundMe and was achieved in about a day ($5k).

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #3858 on: March 16, 2020, 08:53:23 AM »
This is something I'm genuinely curious about. It'd be fascinating to hear Haken's POV on this. My plan would be to take the refund money and spend it on merch. If them getting the ticket money was more meaningful I'd consider that, though.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #3859 on: March 16, 2020, 08:56:50 AM »
This is something I'm genuinely curious about. It'd be fascinating to hear Haken's POV on this. My plan would be to take the refund money and spend it on merch. If them getting the ticket money was more meaningful I'd consider that, though.
I'm almost certain that spending an equivalent amount on merch gets a lot more money to the band than the tickets.

I be am boner inducing.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #3860 on: March 16, 2020, 08:58:18 AM »
I'm almost certain that spending an equivalent amount on merch gets a lot more money to the band than the tickets.
Now they just need to make it available.
E.F. Benson

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #3861 on: March 16, 2020, 08:59:17 AM »
My plan would be to take the refund money and spend it on merch.

I was planning on doing that. None of my kiddos have any HAKEN tee shirts.....they have DT, TNMB, SOA......but no HAKEN. I was gonna go to their site and order up (3) T's
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #3862 on: March 16, 2020, 09:11:24 AM »

That is correct. Seems like Devin and Haken will make the tour merch available as soon as it gets to the Omerch warehouses. I want to get one of the gray Empath hoodies but I need XL. Crossing fingers for that one.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3863 on: March 16, 2020, 09:14:41 AM »
Just remember, the example here is a Haken only show so it has nothing to do with Devy and their tour together. 

I picked up a tshirt at the show I went to, and also went back and ordered more from Devin's shop when he requested people to do so to support the loss of the tour.  I haven't yet see Haken say anything similar. 

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #3864 on: March 16, 2020, 09:43:14 AM »
Just remember, the example here is a Haken only show so it has nothing to do with Devy and their tour together. 

I picked up a tshirt at the show I went to, and also went back and ordered more from Devin's shop when he requested people to do so to support the loss of the tour.  I haven't yet see Haken say anything similar.

To your point, Haken nor Devin have said anything about donations. Only merch sales. But eventually, they might change their minds. As I said, Mike Keneally just did it over the weekend and Markus Reuter (Devin's guitarist from Europe's Empath leg) also just posted one over the weekend and it's half way there.

Offline Nachtmerrie

« Reply #3866 on: March 21, 2020, 01:33:28 PM »
Just donated a small amount to the relief fund.
Let's hope this crisis will be history in a few weeks and all those fantastic bands will soon be able to tour again.

Online MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3867 on: March 23, 2020, 02:42:26 PM »
HAKEN, one of progressive music’s most exciting bands, are celebrating the 10th anniversary of their spectacular debut album 'Aquarius', originally released on March 29th, 2010.  On recent tours, the band has been performing the "Aquamedley" to celebrate the album.  You can see a performance of that medley today, taken from the 'L-1VE' release from 2018.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxTAaVIhrkU&feature=youtu.be

:metal

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #3868 on: March 23, 2020, 06:31:13 PM »
Or those of us who actually bought the DVD or Blu-ray can watch it in much better quality there. :P

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3869 on: March 23, 2020, 06:50:57 PM »
Or those of us who actually bought the DVD or Blu-ray can watch it in much better quality there. :P

Yup, actually watched the DVD a couple weeks ago for the first time in awhile before I saw them.  Good stuff.  Wish it was a blu-ray for better picture, but the sound quality is great and I'm glad they released it including the PP17 footage  :metal

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #3870 on: March 25, 2020, 08:56:32 AM »
Just got a phone reminder that I was supposed to be at the Haken show tonight  :-[

Offline devieira73

• Boldly go where no brazilian has gone before...
« Reply #3871 on: March 28, 2020, 12:32:28 PM »
The 5th dimension is selling here in FLAC and with a cool digital booklet https://hakenofficial.bandcamp.com/album/enter-the-5th-dimension
It seems that Haken will sell also live bootlegs here :tup
"one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind." (RIP Neil Armstrong)

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3872 on: March 29, 2020, 08:15:35 AM »
Aquarius turns 10 years today! So I'm giving it a spin now.
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3873 on: April 01, 2020, 02:46:14 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EP1TIWVNEQw

HAKEN – Live at the Roundhouse, London 2019 (Official Bootleg)

includes a few seconds of a clip from a new music video at the end it seems, but it's the full opening set they did in Europe opening for Devin Townsend.  Good quality for "official bootleg"

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #3874 on: April 01, 2020, 03:53:00 PM »
Keep an eye on this space April 3rd.

If plans haven't been sidetracked due to world events, which is entirely possible, we'll hopefully be getting a big announcement that day. 
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #3875 on: April 01, 2020, 04:29:29 PM »

If plans haven't been sidetracked due to world events, which is entirely possible, we'll hopefully be getting a big announcement that day. 
:tup

I be am boner inducing.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #3876 on: April 01, 2020, 04:46:05 PM »
Sweet.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline me7

• Disciple of the Cockroach
« Reply #3877 on: April 01, 2020, 11:05:52 PM »
If anything, musicians should move album releases forward right now. People have more time for music consumption nowadays than they normally have.

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #3878 on: April 02, 2020, 12:37:16 AM »
If anything, musicians should move album releases forward right now. People have more time for music consumption nowadays than they normally have.
Unless they have small children...

I be am boner inducing.

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #3879 on: April 02, 2020, 01:31:23 AM »

:tup

Certainly looks like it, doesn't it?
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline Fritzinger

« Reply #3880 on: April 02, 2020, 03:05:25 AM »
It could be that the new album cover is yellow. The pictures posted on social media always showed some ketchup (red --> Vector) and a yellow sauce bottle. Don't know why the label was always upside down though.

I'm calling that the new album is called Virus, that it has a yellow color and that it's a sequel to Vector.
any rock can be made to roll

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3881 on: April 02, 2020, 03:55:36 AM »
It could be that the new album cover is yellow. The pictures posted on social media always showed some ketchup (red --> Vector) and a yellow sauce bottle. Don't know why the label was always upside down though.

I'm calling that the new album is called Virus, that it has a yellow color and that it's a sequel to Vector.

People on reddit said that if you Shazam the new music snippet it says the song is called Prosthetic and the album is called Virus.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #3882 on: April 02, 2020, 04:24:26 AM »
Kind of unfortunate given the current situation, but it is what it is I guess.
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3883 on: April 02, 2020, 05:05:47 AM »

Could the yellow spidery thing be the new album cover perhaps?
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #3884 on: April 02, 2020, 05:36:09 AM »
Oh shit, I didn't even catch that the first time going through that vid. Wow!
Squ