Author Topic: Haken v. new single Nightingale (April 26)  (Read 441116 times)

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Re: Haken v. Vector (Oct. 26)
« Reply #3815 on: March 08, 2020, 08:19:57 PM »
I'm guessing at least one local band, and maybe two. I don't know how long that Richmond setlist was, but I haven't gotten the impression those guys are into really long shows. I'm hopeful for a couple of more songs, though.

Are you coming to St Louis for the show in 10 days?

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #3816 on: March 08, 2020, 08:29:19 PM »
Ci, senor.

From the "It's a small world" department, a friend just texted me a picture from where he's standing at the NOLA show tonight, and I'll be damned if it's not a picture of Nick's head.  :lol
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #3817 on: March 08, 2020, 08:35:33 PM »
Awesome. We definitely have to coordinate some type of meet-up at the show. Will be hard to do too much before or after since I am working the day of the concert and the next morning. Damn Wednesday night concerts! :censored

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #3818 on: March 08, 2020, 08:48:46 PM »
Awesome. We definitely have to coordinate some type of meet-up at the show. Will be hard to do too much before or after since I am working the day of the concert and the next morning. Damn Wednesday night concerts! :censored
Absolutely. The good news is that I'm pretty easy to pick out of a crowd. Other than Axeman and me are any other out-of-towners going to be there?
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #3819 on: March 09, 2020, 07:27:08 AM »
Ci, senor.

From the "It's a small world" department, a friend just texted me a picture from where he's standing at the NOLA show tonight, and I'll be damned if it's not a picture of Nick's head.  :lol

LOL, nice.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3820 on: March 09, 2020, 07:33:51 AM »
:-\
The new Novena album is out today  (Featuring Ross Jennings)

https://youtu.be/yHIay5x-7TE

Digging it way more than Vector so far. Reminds me of the 1st two Haken albums.

I agree with you.  Much better than the last Haken album.

I'm on this boat, I like this album much better than Vector. Not really sold on the amount of growls in the album, but otherwise it is really good.
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #3821 on: March 09, 2020, 08:06:29 AM »
Ci, senor.

:tup

I'll have the whole Miller crew there that night....including my wife....so hopefully we can 'say hey'
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #3822 on: March 09, 2020, 08:28:11 AM »
Ci, senor.

I'll have the whole Miller crew there that night....including my wife....so hopefully we can 'say hey'
I'll try and be well behaved, but it's hard to tell with these sorts of things.  :lol
E.F. Benson

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3823 on: March 09, 2020, 10:37:11 AM »
Ci, senor.

I'll try and be well behaved, but it's hard to tell with these sorts of things.  :lol

:lol  I'm sure it'll be fine. I'm looking forward to meeting you and Bill

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #3824 on: March 09, 2020, 06:26:24 PM »
Hell yeah. Should be a fun show, and it'll be cool to meet a few more fellow forumers. :hat

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #3825 on: March 09, 2020, 06:52:28 PM »
Indeed :metal
Photobucket sucks.

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3826 on: March 10, 2020, 06:34:51 AM »
are we expecting Haken to play first tonight in Dallas?
Winger would be better!

. . . and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #3827 on: March 10, 2020, 07:46:48 AM »

Yes. I was going to drive from Austin today but totally forgot and committed to other things. Wanted to see Devin too but Empath was a bit of a let down. Haken's Vector was disappointing as well so it didn't feel right to go.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #3828 on: March 10, 2020, 08:13:27 AM »
Haken 1900, Contortionist 2000, Deven 2120. I don't know if they've stopped alternating or what, but Haken seems to be playing the same setlist every night now.
E.F. Benson

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3829 on: March 10, 2020, 08:18:00 AM »
Haken 1900, Contortionist 2000, Deven 2120. I don't know if they've stopped alternating or what, but Haken seems to be playing the same setlist every night now.

They only alternated on the two nights in one city earlier in the tour, this is the same set they did in Europe too so I wouldn't expect anything different.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #3830 on: March 10, 2020, 08:19:33 AM »

They only alternated on the two nights in one city earlier in the tour, this is the same set they did in Europe too so I wouldn't expect anything different.
That's a damn shame. I'm really only going to see H. It's been quite some time since I've gone to a show to see the opener.
E.F. Benson

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3831 on: March 10, 2020, 08:23:02 AM »
I guess it's a shame for the Haken fans sure, but it's a fucking awesome opener.  Do stay for Devin if you can though, he's certainly going to entertain you although he's suffering from a cold and his voice is going to shit (according to himself on twitter)

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #3832 on: March 10, 2020, 08:30:49 AM »
I guess it's a shame for the Haken fans sure, but it's a fucking awesome opener.  Do stay for Devin if you can though, he's certainly going to entertain you although he's suffering from a cold and his voice is going to shit (according to himself on twitter)
I'll stay for everybody. I don't really care for Devin's music, but he's so damned good at what he does I'm fascinated to see it live.
E.F. Benson

Online NoFred

« Reply #3833 on: March 11, 2020, 12:51:41 AM »
:-\
The new Novena album is out today  (Featuring Ross Jennings)

https://youtu.be/yHIay5x-7TE

Digging it way more than Vector so far. Reminds me of the 1st two Haken albums.

I agree with you.  Much better than the last Haken album.

I'm on this boat, I like this album much better than Vector. Not really sold on the amount of growls in the album, but otherwise it is really good.

Got a chance to listen, like the album a lot! But prog/metal spoken word never works... that ruined the last track for me (spoken only works in hip hop, where the words are typically the driving force).

Is not a Vector replacement, I really like some of this esp Corazon, but on the whole I prefer what’s added with Hen/Diego/Hearne too.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3834 on: March 12, 2020, 07:39:42 AM »
I'm hopeful you guys in St. Louis will get your show, as of now they are still trucking along. I won't say which show as I don't think it has been announced yet, but they've been forced into one cancellation, but they have not chosen to cancel anything yet.
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3835 on: March 12, 2020, 08:04:32 AM »
San Fran on March 25th near the end of the Devin tour has already been cancelled

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3836 on: March 12, 2020, 08:14:18 AM »
I'm hopeful you guys in St. Louis will get your show, as of now they are still trucking along. I won't say which show as I don't think it has been announced yet, but they've been forced into one cancellation, but they have not chosen to cancel anything yet.

I know....I'm really hoping it won't be cancelled but it's (6) days away and who knows what's going to happen. My wife is already nervous because our whole family is going. She's nervous about the kiddos. I mean, I am too a little bit but if the show isn't cancelled I'm still wanting to go.

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #3837 on: March 12, 2020, 08:28:10 AM »
Yeah, my airbnb hosts reached out to me the other day to let me know that even though they normally have a strict refund policy (meaning you only get a full refund if you cancel shortly after booking), they'd be willing to be more flexible given what's going on right now. As long as the flights are still running I still plan on coming down. Even if the show is canceled I'll probably take the trip because I booked the flight long enough ago that it's not part of what most airlines are currently offering in terms of refunds for voluntarily canceling your flight.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3838 on: March 12, 2020, 11:13:34 AM »
Entire Devin Townsend tour has been cancelled it seems, not sure what that means for Haken's solo shows, but I'm guessing they will be cancelled as well.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #3839 on: March 12, 2020, 11:35:13 AM »
Entire Devin Townsend tour has been cancelled it seems, not sure what that means for Haken's solo shows, but I'm guessing they will be cancelled as well.

Which I'm sad because no one uploaded a video for Bound By Gravity.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3840 on: March 12, 2020, 11:57:14 AM »

Major Bummer  :'(

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #3841 on: March 12, 2020, 12:10:01 PM »
Yeah, my airbnb hosts reached out to me the other day to let me know that even though they normally have a strict refund policy (meaning you only get a full refund if you cancel shortly after booking), they'd be willing to be more flexible given what's going on right now. As long as the flights are still running I still plan on coming down. Even if the show is canceled I'll probably take the trip because I booked the flight long enough ago that it's not part of what most airlines are currently offering in terms of refunds for voluntarily canceling your flight.
AA just revised their policy, again. Since I booked mine before 3/1 (by a day LOL) I should be eligible for a free re-booking. In this case, booking too long ago is preferable. After a point the airlines are taking a "you knew what you were getting into" policy.

Either way, I'd likely just eat the cost of my ticket. The PTO is probably more valuable to me than a day in StL.
E.F. Benson

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #3842 on: March 12, 2020, 12:56:47 PM »
Haken just posted on FB that their remaining headline shows in Pittsburgh and St. Louis have been cancelled.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #3843 on: March 12, 2020, 02:18:20 PM »
Makes me feel less bad that my airbnb host sent a message a while ago that they're canceling all their current bookings.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline Heretic

• hold your head up high
  • DTF.org Member
  • never give up, never give in
« Reply #3844 on: March 12, 2020, 02:20:34 PM »
Forgot to post here afterwards, but I was at the Richmond show! Seeing them perform Bound by Gravity for the first time ever live was surreal. The entire concert was fantastic, hearing Affinity in full was a joyous occasion, but to add to it they played Aquamedley and then Nil By Mouth followed by the Cockroach King classic. Such an outstanding setlist.

EDIT: Metro, saw you were at the show too, damn-- would've been fun to meet a fellow DTFer. Was there with a couple friends, stood essentially in the middle.

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Keeper of the Seven Sloths
« Reply #3845 on: March 12, 2020, 02:55:26 PM »
Forgot to post here afterwards, but I was at the Richmond show! Seeing them perform Bound by Gravity for the first time ever live was surreal. The entire concert was fantastic, hearing Affinity in full was a joyous occasion, but to add to it they played Aquamedley and then Nil By Mouth followed by the Cockroach King classic. Such an outstanding setlist.

EDIT: Metro, saw you were at the show too, damn-- would've been fun to meet a fellow DTFer. Was there with a couple friends, stood essentially in the middle.

That’s right around where I was standing, maybe we saw each other without knowing haha. I was in a black hoodie and a Red Giant t shirt singing along with every single word.

Shame that they had to cancel the remaining dates. The headlining show was truly an awesome show and I really hope they try to do it again later in the year for those that missed it.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3846 on: March 12, 2020, 04:31:29 PM »
I’m hoping eTix gives a full refund. They state their ticket policy is ‘all sales final’ but I filed a request anyway. If it were just me I’d eat the $27 and be done with it but my total bill was $106 for me and the kiddos.

I was a day away from buying Kev’s extra ticket for my wife but I’m gonna pass on that now Kev  :lol

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3847 on: March 12, 2020, 04:33:48 PM »
I of course can't blame them for this, but it truly just sucks for everyone. Fans miss shows and band is likely out a ton of money.

I'm very glad I got down to NOLA as I highly doubt that the cruise is happening or even if it did that Haken will be on it.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #3848 on: March 12, 2020, 07:32:35 PM »

Either way, I'd likely just eat the cost of my ticket. The PTO is probably more valuable to me than a day in StL.

First, I miss Morsefest last year thanks to getting sick a couple days before and not being able to make the trip, and now this gets cancelled.  Apparently, the music gods do not want us to hang out and see a concert together. :lol :lol :facepalm: :facepalm:

I’m hoping eTix gives a full refund. They state their ticket policy is ‘all sales final’ but I filed a request anyway. If it were just me I’d eat the $27 and be done with it but my total bill was $106 for me and the kiddos.

I was a day away from buying Kev’s extra ticket for my wife but I’m gonna pass on that now Kev  :lol

Haha, so close!  :lol :lol

I am hoping for a refund, but if not, stuff happens. Can't do anything about it now. Bummed that we aren't gonna get what was certainly going to be a killer show, but life goes on.  Many people around the globe have much bigger issues right now because of the coronavirus, so me missing a rock concert seems pretty trivial in the grand scheme. 

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3849 on: March 13, 2020, 04:29:41 PM »

They’re giving full refunds for the event. Kudos to them  :justjen