Author Topic: Haken v. new single Nightingale (April 26)  (Read 439476 times)

Online devieira73

• Boldly go where no brazilian has gone before...
Re: Haken v. Vector (Oct. 26)
« Reply #3465 on: January 28, 2019, 06:23:54 AM »
Very excited for the show tomorrow in São Paulo! Anybody here will be there?
"one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind." (RIP Neil Armstrong)

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #3466 on: January 28, 2019, 06:46:45 AM »
Lucky you

Without Nick, that would have never happened.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3467 on: January 28, 2019, 07:27:09 AM »
Any chance that was not legit on setlist.fm?

A friend of mine went to the Chile show, and he confirmed the setlist.

---

Next Wednesday I will be interviewing Diego Tejeida, if you have some questions for him, write them here.

Offline YtseJamittaja

• Yub Nub
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3468 on: January 29, 2019, 12:32:34 PM »
What's Diego's favourite Haken tune?
If he did a side project, who would be in the band?
Do you even whahíbrido pickingant?

M Y  L A S T. F M  P R O F I L E

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3469 on: January 29, 2019, 12:58:08 PM »
What's Diego's favourite Haken tune?
If he did a side project, who would be in the band?

Cool, thanks for these

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #3470 on: January 29, 2019, 01:08:14 PM »
Next Wednesday I will be interviewing Diego Tejeida, if you have some questions for him, write them here.

If Jordan Rudess were to retire and DT called you, would you take the offer?
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3471 on: January 29, 2019, 01:12:17 PM »

If Jordan Rudess were to retire and DT called you, would you take the offer?

Added

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #3472 on: January 29, 2019, 01:18:40 PM »
What's your favourite pizza?
(yes, that's a serious question)
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #3473 on: January 29, 2019, 02:21:11 PM »
I love the new Brute in his rig, but the promo video did a great job touching on that in the studio, but if you wanted to ask something along the line of how it has added to the live setup that would be nice.

With them now hitting South America, getting back to Australia, and hitting N. America and Europe with every album I'd like to hear his take on what the next steps forward for the band is, how they continue to grow and what they plan to do with their growth. I'd specifically like to know if they plan to add a video component at any point in the near future.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline Rattlehead

« Reply #3474 on: January 29, 2019, 05:20:46 PM »

If you had to name one album that was most influential in shaping the musician you are today, what would it be?

Online devieira73

« Reply #3475 on: January 29, 2019, 07:02:35 PM »
Just came back from São Paulo show, it was truly amazing!!! Same set from Chile and I coudn’t be happier with the setlist for a 2 hour Haken show, really!
Great performances by the band, all played live, without anything pre-recorded, for my joy!
As performers, Ross, Diego and Ray really shine. Ross is very impressive live, he sings very faithfull to the studio performances and really knows to engage the crowd. In person, he looks like with Steve Augieri a lot. And Connor with Lionel Messi (in his beard phase)! :D

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3476 on: January 29, 2019, 08:53:08 PM »
Just came back from São Paulo show, it was truly amazing!!! Same set from Chile and I coudn’t be happier with the setlist for a 2 hour Haken show, really!
Great performances by the band, all played live, without anything pre-recorded, for my joy!
As performers, Ross, Diego and Ray really shine. Ross is very impressive live, he sings very faithfull to the studio performances and really knows to engage the crowd. In person, he looks like with Steve Augieri a lot. And Connor with Lionel Messi (in his beard phase)! :D

Awesome!

Tomorrow it’s out turn! Can’t wait!

Offline nattmorker

« Reply #3477 on: January 29, 2019, 09:23:01 PM »

Awesome!

Tomorrow it’s out turn! Can’t wait!

And friday it's Mexico! I hope they keep Celestial Elixir! I've been waiting to hear that song live.

Online devieira73

« Reply #3478 on: January 30, 2019, 04:28:16 AM »
Cool! You will have a great time, I’m sure.

Offline Nel

• Humorless Bore
« Reply #3479 on: January 30, 2019, 05:00:21 PM »
Finally listened to Vector a few times over the past month. I really enjoy it! I never was really able to get into Affinity but this one clicked with me on the second listen. Puzzle Box and The Good Doctor are the tracks I keep coming back to, but overall I enjoy the whole thing. I know seven tracks on a Haken album has been done before, but I wish we had more.
Hire me. I'm talentless but malleable.

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3480 on: January 31, 2019, 08:02:51 PM »
Last night concert was soooooo epic from start to finish, the band was on fire.
They played the same set as in Chile.
The M&G was a bit rushed as their equipments arrived late making the sound check a couple minutes after the meet and greet. The opening act didn’t perform, I feel bad for them as they seemed really happy to be opening for Haken.
But it was a really good and memorable night.
The interview with Diego was amazing. It will be posted soon.

Today I woke up voiceless and with LOTS of pain on my neck.

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3481 on: February 01, 2019, 10:07:47 AM »
Saw this on Haken Haven :lol

Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3482 on: February 01, 2019, 11:26:13 AM »
Looks like Haken will be supporting Devin Townsend through Europe in late 2019. Hopefully more details soon.
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3483 on: February 01, 2019, 11:33:20 AM »
Looks like Haken will be supporting Devin Townsend through Europe in late 2019. Hopefully more details soon.

If so, here's the tour for Devin Townsend and dates:

Seeing that combo would be unbelievable IMO.  I hope they bring that combo to the US for the same tour.

That last night of ProgPower 17 when Haken performed before DTP was one of my favorite concerts of all time.

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #3484 on: February 01, 2019, 11:35:38 AM »
Weren’t there a few dates in 2015 with DTP and Haken supporting DT? I remember this happening during their 30th anniversary mini tour in Europe.
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3485 on: February 01, 2019, 11:51:15 AM »
That would be even more epic, I've been saying for awhile it would be great for Haken to open for a bigger band like DT here in the states, although DT seems to not be going back to having an opener.  DTP would be a good band to support as well though, Devin's definitely gotten more popular over the last few years.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3486 on: February 01, 2019, 12:01:40 PM »

If so, here's the tour for Devin Townsend and dates:

Seeing that combo would be unbelievable IMO.  I hope they bring that combo to the US for the same tour.

That last night of ProgPower 17 when Haken performed before DTP was one of my favorite concerts of all time.

They are confirmed on the Paris show, and I can't imagine they are flying in to open for one show. So really the only question right now is if they are on a run of shows or the entire tour.

Offline nattmorker

« Reply #3487 on: February 01, 2019, 11:41:07 PM »
Today was the Mexico city show, it was awesome. We got the full setlist (with celestial elixir). After crystallized Richard had some issues with his keyboard, the rest of the band started jamming and played Africa (the whole band played it, Richard joined them at the last verse).

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3488 on: February 02, 2019, 12:30:45 AM »
I love when stuff like that happens, awesome  :yarr

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker

Offline GasparXR

• Why would I put something personal here?
« Reply #3490 on: February 03, 2019, 03:30:19 PM »

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3491 on: February 04, 2019, 07:19:54 AM »
Looks like Haken are doing a covers only set on the cruise to the edge. I wonder if Africa will get played again since it seemed that had that up their sleeves.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3492 on: February 07, 2019, 03:29:39 PM »
No surprises in the first set, just standard NA tour set. Know a few of the covers for tonight, but won't have connection again till back in Tampa so just keep an eye online. They also have at least one guest coming up for the set.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3493 on: February 08, 2019, 08:32:38 AM »
https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/haken/2019/ms-brilliance-of-the-seas-tampa-fl-7b952288.html

They did Van Halen's Jump?!  I wonder how that went, looks like a cool show

Online faizoff

« Reply #3494 on: February 12, 2019, 08:51:27 PM »
I've been trying to get into this band for the longest time and just couldn't. Not sure why. The music has everything I'm sure would love. But never clicked. at. all. I think I heard affinity first just couldn't get through it. Then gave parts of The Mountain a shot, couldn't get through it either. I remember the same thing happening with BTBAM when I first tried to get into them. Though after a long time and trying a few more times I finally got into BTBAM and they are now one of my absolute favorite bands.

Went to the Neal Morse Band show this past Saturday and the inhouse music is a playlist curated by Mike Portnoy and of course Haken is on them as he's a huge fan of theirs. I guess something clicked, came home and listened to Vector and enjoyed it immensely. Since then I've listened to Affinity again and have to say not sure how I didn't get into them the first time I heard 1985. That is a track that could very well have been on the transformers movie soundtrack. I also heard The mountain and that was great as well. The band sounds like a blend of Threshold & Meshuggah at times.

I've ordered all the other albums so just waiting to get them in the mail. Can't wait to watch the L-1VE video, really wished it was released on blu-ray but oh well. From the albums I've heard so far Affinity is the favorite so far. though I still have some more listens to go through.
I'm also very sad I missed them on tour when they came in my neck of the woods.

Needless to say I have some catching up to do.

One question, is the live album L+1VE CD only available with the vinyl? Is the CD not sold separately? Plus what's with Affinity not being listed on lasercd's site? All other albums are there. I had to get it off ebay.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Online The Letter M

« Reply #3495 on: February 12, 2019, 09:07:59 PM »
One question, is the live album L+1VE CD only available with the vinyl? Is the CD not sold separately? Plus what's with Affinity not being listed on lasercd's site? All other albums are there. I had to get it off ebay.

Welcome to the Haken fandom, hope you enjoy your time! As for L+1VE, as far as I know, the ONLY physical copies released were the vinyl w/CD set (which I ordered, just to own it physically). Otherwise, I think the band had said on their Facebook page before release date last December that it would also be made available digitally (which I haven't looked up since I haven't needed to). It's well worth buying if you enjoy the four songs present on the EP. It's a great companion to L-1VE, and the live versions of those songs really stand out! I hope we get more live Haken in the future! I'm just happy we've gotten live versions of two of their side-length epics with "Visions" and "Crystallised". Would like to see them release a live version of "Celestial Elixir" some time too!

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #3496 on: February 12, 2019, 09:18:13 PM »
Would like to see them release a live version of "Celestial Elixir" some time too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyFQAHc8oao :tup

Online faizoff

« Reply #3497 on: February 12, 2019, 09:31:29 PM »
So is affinity out of print officially?
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Online The Letter M

« Reply #3498 on: February 12, 2019, 09:41:46 PM »
So is affinity out of print officially?

Seems like it. Amazon isn't selling it at original retail, and a Google search pulled up eBay and other third party sellers at slightly higher prices. Perhaps they will re-release it in a few years? That's a bummer that it's so hard to find already, despite being less than 3 years old. So glad I got the limited digipak 2CD edition when it came out (which was their first new release after I became a fan).

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline Fritzinger

« Reply #3499 on: February 14, 2019, 07:34:48 AM »
Are you guys talking about the CD or the vinyl?

The CD can be bought at German Amazon Prime for 12,99€.
https://www.amazon.de/Affinity-Standard-CD-Jewelcase-Haken/dp/B01C3Z042S/ref=ice_ac_b_dpb_twi_aud_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1550154766&sr=8-1&keywords=haken+affinity

The vinyl can be found for 25,10€ plus shipping here:
https://www.discogs.com/de/Haken-Affinity/release/8453071
any rock can be made to roll