Author Topic: Sabaton  (Read 7515 times)

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
Re: Sabaton
« Reply #70 on: July 05, 2022, 12:29:06 PM »
Sabaton is one of those bands that as a Swede i've known about for ages, seen them live with Maiden but their music has never done much for me and i'm genuinely suprised how big that band has become but not because I don't think they deserve it but more kinda annoyed in a lighthearted way on how "simple" their music is to get and yet people are ALL over them. I think the fact that they sing about war and heroism strikes a special heart in people from any nation.

Hearing En Livstid I Krig with a roaring swedish crowd feels powerful I have to admit however I can't stop the thought of it being a bit too cheesy, atleast for me. I love cheese, don't get me wrong but it has to be the right kind of cheese.  :)

Would be cool to see their current live show though.

"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #71 on: July 05, 2022, 01:03:52 PM »
I wouldn't be surprised if the simplicity is the reason why they are popular.  People generally like simple "pop" music.  I don't think Sabaton is pop, but their music is straight forward and usually pretty catchy.  My gf and I are going to their final NA show of the tour in the fall in NYC with Epica opening.  Should be awesome.

Offline gazinwales

« Reply #72 on: July 05, 2022, 01:13:41 PM »
Sabaton are 'popular' for two reasons:
1. They connect with people with their lyrics, telling stories about war and heroes that many can associate with
whether it be on a patriotic or personnel level.
2. Their live show, highly entertaining, energetic and fun.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #73 on: July 05, 2022, 03:54:27 PM »
Sabaton are 'popular' for two reasons:
1. They connect with people with their lyrics, telling stories about war and heroes that many can associate with
whether it be on a patriotic or personnel level.
2. Their live show, highly entertaining, energetic and fun.
That's sounds about right.

I wouldn't be surprised if the simplicity is the reason why they are popular. 
Yea, that annoys me but I get it.  :lol I mean, that's nothing new in the world of music which of course dosen't mean simple music can't be good. In a way writing simple enough music can be an artform.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #74 on: July 05, 2022, 08:02:47 PM »
Yeah, it's not like the songs are bad.  My issue, with having enjoyed Sabaton for some years now, is that the music just all kind of sounds the same in the end.  They have a niche, they are excellent at it, but it doesn't, musically, tingle my belly the way some more sophisticated stuff does.  But as gazinwales also mentioned, their live show is fantastic. So much energy.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #75 on: August 01, 2022, 07:04:20 PM »
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #76 on: August 01, 2022, 09:19:54 PM »
I have never seen that before. That was pretty amazing. Makes me wish they would let Tommy sing at least one song so he can showcase those awesome vocals.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #77 on: August 02, 2022, 08:57:21 AM »
That's pretty cool, love that song too