Author Topic: Flying Colors Survivor 2014 - Results & Discussion  (Read 1152 times)

Offline The Letter M

Flying Colors Survivor 2014 - Results & Discussion
« on: October 20, 2014, 05:10:19 PM »
Hey folks! Well, FC have released a second album, so I figured I'd start a new survivor for both albums. As the band only have two albums and 20 songs total, here's how I will break this down:
As usual, each album will have 2 clear winners that will go to the finals. The 3rd place song from each album will go up against each other in a single-round elimination, determining a fifth song for the finals. These five songs will then go up against each other.

Flying Colors
1. Blue Ocean
2. The Storm

3. Forever In A Daze
4. Kayla

5. Infinite Fire
6. Everything Changes
7. Love Is What I'm Waiting For
8. Better Than Walking Away
9. All Falls Down
10. Fool In My Heart
11. Shoulda Coulda Woulda

Second Nature
1. Cosmic Symphony
2. Peaceful Harbor

3. Open Up Your Eyes
    Mask Machine

5. A Place In Your World
6. The Fury Of My Love
7. One Love Forever
8. Lost Without You
9. Bombs Away

Consolation
1. Kayla
2. Mask Machine
3. Forever In A Daze
4. Open Up Your Eyes

Finals
1. Peaceful Harbor
2. Cosmic Symphony
3. Kayla
4. Blue Ocean
5. The Storm

-Marc.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 04:09:05 PM by The Letter M »
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline Jaffa

• Just Jaffa
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Flying Colors Survivor 2014 - Results & Discussion
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2014, 05:56:32 PM »
 :metal  This should be fun.

The first album in particular is going to be really interesting to me.  There are five songs on that album that I consider pretty much perfect, so if it came down to those five favorites, I would have a really hard time choosing between them.  But I'm expecting at least a couple of those to be eliminated early, because most people don't seem to like them nearly as much as I do.  So voting might actually end up being pretty easy for me. 

The second album will be trickier, as I don't really have any standout favorites or least favorites on that one yet. 

At any rate, I doubt the results of this survivor will look anything like my own personal rankings.   :lol
Sincerely,
Jaffa

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2014, 10:45:55 PM »
"Blue Ocean" and "The Storm" both move to the Finals while "Forever In A Daze" goes to Consolation to face off against the future third-place song from Second Nature. The first round of SN should be up sometime in the morning and will run for 2 days!!!

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2014, 02:42:10 PM »
Due to the unforeseen circumstance regarding the 3rd place song in the Second Nature Survivor, the tied songs from that album will BOTH be going to Consolation Rounds, and as such, I'm upgrading the fourth place song from the debut album to Consolation status as well, so that both albums have their 3rd and 4th place songs going up against each other. The winning single song of those four will go to finals to fave off against "Blue Ocean", "The Storm", "Peaceful Harbor", and "Cosmic Symphony".

The Consolation Rounds will begin tomorrow and they will be ONE-DAY each, so I hope everyone can try to keep up with them.

-Marc.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2014, 04:07:35 PM »
Final Round's Results:
Peaceful Harbor 3 (16.7%)
Cosmic Symphony 6 (33.3%)
Kayla 9 (50%)

1. Peaceful Harbor
2. Cosmic Symphony
3. Kayla
4. Blue Ocean
5. The Storm

Well there you have it folks, the top 5 (out of 20) songs as voted by you guys, my fellow Flying Colors fans! Not a bad top 5, although I would place "Infinite Fire" in there instead of "The Storm" (and definitely NOT in that order either...). Thanks again to the 20 or so folks who voted in this survivor! I hope to do this again in a couple years or whenever another FC album comes out!

-Marc.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 08:16:15 PM by The Letter M »

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2014, 04:57:40 PM »
Well, that was the biggest clusterfuck of a survivor I have ever seen. :lol I thought the Haken survivor last year was bad with the Consolation winner ending up higher than other songs from the same album, but here the album rankings and the final results don't match at all.

That said, thanks for running it, and for the hell of it, my personal top 5:

1. Peaceful Harbor
2. Blue Ocean
3. Cosmic Symphony
4. Open Up Your Eyes
5. Infinite Fire
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline RoeDent

• 2006 Time Magazine Person of the Year
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2014, 01:26:11 AM »
Thanks for running it. But the results made it not the most enjoyable of survivors to take part in. It says something when the Consolation lineup should be the Finals lineup.

Offline Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2014, 11:48:15 PM »
Thanks for running this, it was great fun, although the outcome is not exactly what I would have prefered.
Must've been Kwyji sending all the wrong songs.   ;D