Author Topic: Top 50 Dream Theater songs - by fischermasamune  (Read 9107 times)

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
Re: Top 50 Dream Theater songs - by fischermasamune
« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2014, 09:23:43 AM »
someone put Hell's Kitchen even higher than me, I approve  :tup

Offline lucky7

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2014, 08:14:15 PM »
Glad it made the Top 6....looking forward to your Top 3  :smiley:

Offline fischermasamune

« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2014, 11:05:46 PM »
Finally, here are the bronze and silver medalists.

TOP 3-2

03. Illumination Theory
When Dream Theater outputs a 22-minute song, one can be sure it’ll be a hit. This song can be compared to Octavarium. Initially, I thought they screwed up in changing so radically the structure – while 8VM is always ascending, IT has pauses and is a roller coaster dynamically. Months later, I think it is a perfect song, one pinnacle in Dream Theater’s history.
The start is a punch, with Mangini making sure there’s a lot of power coming out of the drums. Even so, it doesn’t feel rushed – the players play, the listeners enjoy. The second movement is the weakest of all; the lyrics are probably the weakest link of IT, and the nadir is exactly here. Not that they are bad; remember they are the weakest link of a bold chain. My problem with them is their predictability. At least the Petrucci’s chugga-chugga brings more life to Live, Die Kill, and the ending is very cool, making us wait hungrily for what’s coming. The “nature part” serves its purpose to prepare to the orchestrated part, which is great - the strings touch my heart.
The Pursuit of Truth starts ten out of ten – the best bass-drums “unison” so far. And follows brilliantly – the lyrics bring more sense to LDK, and the instrumental break is pure joy. Surrender, Trust & Passion is when the circle is complete, pretty much like Razor’s Edge for 8VM. There’s a feeling of greatness, of eternity, of heaven. The lyrics improve. James Labrie is just kicking ass, emotional and technicalwise. The backing vocals only strengthen the song, giving it more deepness. Finally, a sensible, intelligent guitar solo, concluding the epic. Each band member can go home knowing they did their job, while the audience contemplates the masterpiece listening to End Credits (or whatever it is called).
To finalize the analysis, even more than STR, IT assures us that first, Dream Theater is nowhere close to decadence, and second, their sticks are in trustable hands.

02. Metropolis Pt I: The Miracle and the Sleeper
Illumination Theory may be perfect, but Metropolis is just… Metropolis.
As it happens with so many DT songs, I dislike Metropolis at the first listen. I was turned off by the over-the-place drums (which stand up on the mix, specially the snare drum) and by the way it is sung. Also, it was hard to understand the lyrics, either the words or the meaning. I couldn’t tell JLB diction in “deceit is the second, without end”, for example. Even after knowing the lyrics, did they make sense? She carries a gift from her home? She who?
Nowadays, I’ve become more open to incomplete, fragmented, incoherent, and I’ve start liking Metropolis lyrics. The verses from “As a child” to “the third arrives” connect to me in a personal level, and are the strongest within the song. To be fair, the verse after the instrumental break is still somewhat weak, a missed opportunity. Also, Labrie singing, which put me off initially, extracts the most out of the lyrics. His screaming is epic here.
Instrumentally, this song deserves a lot of praise. The start is timid, but its modesty tells us there should amazingness coming, and god it comes. The bass is cranked up, Petrucci and Portnoy set the tone, Moore set the background, and everything blends with Labrie to create a good experience. Now, let’s talk about the instrumental break. The competition is extremely rough among the instrumental parts to tell is which the best, or even establish a podium, but this one deserves to be in their hall of fame. I would like to highlight: the initial odd-rhythmic riff. The drum mini-solo, especially when listened against the other instruments. The bass solo in the bass solo, only one I know of. The keyboard part at 6:32, opposing Petrucci. (I was avoiding to comment on the live versions, but Jordan’s patch made it even cooler.) And finally, the whole end, which is the 16th note pattern in 5/8 and 7/8 (I’m probably mistaken…): Myung and Petrucci pair up brilliantly, and Portnoy’s selection of hits is top-notch.
In conclusion, Metropolis is a fantastic instrumental song by the four bandmates, with Labrie shining over it.

Offline mike099

• do or do not; there is no try
« Reply #38 on: November 01, 2014, 08:44:09 AM »
Two great choices.  I too did not like Metropolis at first, but one of the songs that defines DT and progressive music.
Quote from: Flying BIZKIT

Yeah, I hate when I visit the local circus and all they fucking play is Haken.

Offline ThatOneGuy2112

« Reply #39 on: November 01, 2014, 02:06:33 PM »
Metropolis is the definitive DT song. And Illumination Theory is nothing short of brilliant as well. :tup

Offline fischermasamune

« Reply #40 on: November 01, 2014, 02:50:54 PM »
Any guesses for the Top 1?

So far we have:

53. The Ytse Jam
52. Outcry
51. Lie

50. The Killing Hand
49. Bridges in the Sky
48. Along for the Ride
47. Another Day
46. Trial of Tears

45. Erotomania
44. Finally Free
43. On The Backs of Angels
42. A Change of Seasons
41. The Shattered Fortress

40. Status Seeker
39. The Great Debate
38. A Rite of Passage
37. Beyond This Life
36. New Millennium

35. The Root of All Evil
34. Wait for Sleep
33. In The Presence of Enemies
32. The Spirit Carries On
31. Blind Faith

30. 6:00
29. False Awakening Suite
28. The Count of Tuscany
27. The Mirror
26. A Nightmare to Remember

25. Misunderstood
24. The Dark Eternal Night
23. The Enemy Inside
22. This is the Life
21. The Best of Times

20. Surrounded
19. The Bigger Picture
18. Home
17. Overture 1928
16. Strange Déjà Vu

15. The Glass Prison
14. In The Name of God
13. Lines in the Sand
12. Surrender to Reason
11. Voices

10. Scarred
09. Fatal Tragedy
08. Breaking All Illusions
07. Octavarium

06. Hell’s Kitchen
05. Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence
04. Learning to Live

03. Illumination Theory
02. Metropolis Pt I: The Miracle and the Sleeper

Offline chaossystem

• We're on to your agenda, the dead-end road to nowhere.
  • Chapters unfinished, fading
« Reply #41 on: November 01, 2014, 03:18:12 PM »
Pull Me Under?
I can't stop the world from turning around, or the pull of the moon on the tide, but I don't believe that we're in this alone, I believe we're along for the ride...

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #42 on: November 01, 2014, 08:08:23 PM »
Take the Time is my guess.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 10:58:22 PM by TheCountOfNYC »
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline lucky7

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #43 on: November 02, 2014, 01:42:04 AM »
The Silent Man  ..   Great List  :tup

Offline CharlesPL

« Reply #44 on: November 02, 2014, 01:05:44 AM »
Under a Glass Moon.

Offline The Holy Tune

« Reply #45 on: November 02, 2014, 04:35:35 AM »
The Dance of Et-OUCH that hurt!

Take the Time, Under A Glass Moon or LSOAD I say, or there will be a major plot twist and you'll say something from albums after SFAM and we'll all be shocked! :lol

Offline fischermasamune

« Reply #46 on: November 02, 2014, 09:11:02 AM »
It's the song I plan to have played in my wedding - if it ever happens.

Online bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #47 on: November 02, 2014, 09:22:05 AM »
The Silent Man it is  ;D
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline AngelBack

• I'm officially a lard......
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Why you want beef with broccoli ?
« Reply #48 on: November 02, 2014, 09:30:55 AM »

Raw Dog?
But the arc of your life will still be profound

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #49 on: November 02, 2014, 01:13:31 PM »
03. Illumination Theory
When Dream Theater outputs a 22-minute song, one can be sure it’ll be a hit.
Months later, I think it is a perfect song.

I used to think this was true until I listened to IT.  For me, this proves that song length doesn't necessarily mean it's going to be good.  I also find it hard to believe that you think there are only 2 songs in the entire DT discography that are better.  When I compare IT to the rest of the 12+ min songs, it's pretty much at the bottom of the pile.  Not to mention a bunch of other shorter songs that are better.  IT doesn't even come close to deserving the top 3 spot, and at the same time, how is Behind The Veil not a top 50 song?   There's a lot of things about your list that baffle me.  Too many to mention.  But whatever...
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline ThatOneGuy2112

« Reply #50 on: November 02, 2014, 01:37:46 PM »
03. Illumination Theory

I used to think this was true until I listened to IT.  For me, this proves that song length doesn't necessarily mean it's going to be good.  I also find it hard to believe that you think there are only 2 songs in the entire DT discography that are better.  When I compare IT to the rest of the 12+ min songs, it's pretty much at the bottom of the pile.  Not to mention a bunch of other shorter songs that are better.  IT doesn't even come close to deserving the top 3 spot, and at the same time, how is Behind The Veil not a top 50 song?   There's a lot of things about your list that baffle me.  Too many to mention.  But whatever...

Opinions. What are they?

I only agree with Behind the Viel not making the top 50. I mean, if you really don't understand why he has Illumination Theory placed so high, you're free to re-read his write-up for it if you'd like.

Offline fischermasamune

« Reply #51 on: November 02, 2014, 02:17:16 PM »
03. Illumination Theory

I reinvite you (and seriously) to make public your reservations. And, if you want, to say why you don't like IT. I'm creating my list not only to fulfill a classifiying goal, but to discuss the songs, their strenghts and their weaknesses, and see how my opinion stands.

Of course opinions are personal, and it's hard to explain one's taste, or find foundations to criticize it. There's a Brazilian saying that "you don't discuss taste - you lament them". Anyway, I think I like most recent stuff more than the median fan due to the fact that I didn't have years and years to make their older songs become classics before listening to the newer ones. (Remember my second album was BC&SL.) For example, as one can notice by the ranking so far, I don't rank ACOS that high, and among PMU/TTT/UAGM and TSM/LSOAD/SDVest, which many people love, at most one will appear at the top 50 (exactly at the first spot).

Offline yeah_93

« Reply #52 on: November 02, 2014, 06:25:36 PM »
IT, while a powerful song in many aspects, isn't my cup of tea. I find the orchestra section annoying.

Offline lucky7

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #53 on: November 03, 2014, 01:48:31 AM »

Maybe caught in a web!  :D   

Seriously after you said wedding song maybe Through my words from Scenes.

Offline The Holy Tune

« Reply #54 on: November 03, 2014, 02:58:07 PM »
Wedding? Then either Under A Glass Moon or Endless Sacrifice!

Offline fischermasamune

« Reply #55 on: November 06, 2014, 10:35:52 PM »
Almost a week later, here is the review of my favorite song. Hope you like it! Even if you don't, thanks for following!

(Allergy warning: may contain some fanboyism!)

TOP 1

01. The Dance of Eternity

There’s so much to write about The Dance of Eternity! Let’s talk about the title. IT’s title is unnecessarily pretentious; Metropolis Pt I: The Miracle and the Sleeper is audacious but the words don’t get fully explored within the song. TDOE is an instrumental, so it’s easy to fit names to it. For example, it would be okay if HK was called The Dance of Eternity, and TDOE Hell’s Kitchen. However, given the lyrical and musical connections between Metropolis and SFAM, The Dance of Eternity is perfectly suited as a title for TDOE. I guess I could listen to it forever.

Love is the dance of eternity, they said. So TDOE is about love? Well, I wouldn’t make this claim. I do think TDOE is one of the strongest points of SFAM, like if it was the main instrumental break of a 77-minute song (to be fair, it starts at Home and ends at One Last Time), but I don’t see it as symbolizing a concrete fact of the SFAM story. I dismiss, for example, the interpretation that it means a sexual intercourse. TDOE is my favorite song (among all songs ever) by the way it sounds, not because of additional meanings or connections.

TDOE is an awful choice of song to introduce (or initiate) someone to DT. It has the opposite effect. Even for me, it wasn’t an easy introduction. I remember that it took me some time before I could listen to all SFAM. Initially, I would listen only until Beyond This Life. Then, the second half kicked in, but I was still skipping TDOE. After more time, maybe in 2010, it became my favorite song. It would still be surpassed by Octavarium and The Count of Tuscany, but it recovered its spot at the top of my list. Now it’s just my preferred song, without any contestants. And it is an almost intimate choice, since almost no one else has it as their ever favorite. Even if TDOE and I were drowning together, I wouldn’t let it go.

One thing I like about TDOE is that it is an “extreme” song, in the sense it has a property for which it is more of it than any other song. For example, Octavarium is an extreme song, since it is extreme in length among the Dream Theater album tracks. Which property is TDOE extreme for? It may be a point of discussion, but I think it is the most complex song per minute. In other words, the density of complexity is maximal. Did this property help me like TDOE over all the others? Yes. Its complexity is integral part of it. Not that being complex is necessarily good – but all the craziness of TDOE comes from the fact it kicks ass – in a lot of different ways.

I want to leave registered that, when I finally understood the piece, The Dance of Eternity just blew my mind. It struck me as something completely special, completely new. Dream Theater opened my eyes to many forms and constructions in music, and TDOE was the main conductor of this change. I have a weak point for instrumental songs – and instrumental breaks – and TDOE hit the exact spot. I believe I wouldn’t be the diehard DT fan I’m today weren’t for TDOE influence on me. Dream Theater without The Dance of Eternity would be like Zeus without the lightning.

All the instruments have the perfect tone in TDOE, and the mix is well done – you don’t think about it (the same holds for all SFAM, actually). The keyboards patches, which are constantly changing, are very well selected. This song has a cool drive, and although it may look fractal-y locally, it flows very well.

TDOE has three parts, each with duration of approximately two minutes, all of them overflowing in power and craft. I will analyze them separately for the sake of presentation. It’s tough to name sections of TDOE, so I will give the timestamps of when one third ends and the next starts: 2:04 and 4:22.

The first used to be my favorite (now I don’t have a preferred child). After some sampling and a single-note intro, it bursts into Rudess arpeggios (hopefully the correct word). I really like the fact that each measure is a little different – TDOE is possibly the most unpredictable of DT songs, which also may explain why it takes some time to like it. Anyway, I love each single note. I don’t know how much effort they put into it, but the result is fantastic, a masterpiece. Yes, and I’m talking only about this first third! It shows us what we should expect: nothing! Whatever you expect, TDOE will do the opposite. Or exactly the same, if you try reverse psychology! A neutral riff keeps us in suspense. Note that it is also a single-note riff; it’s incredible how a guitar player can be communicative without moving the left hand.

The second third kicks in in full power with the “Meshuggah riff”. Gotta love it, it’s possibly the most defining riff of the song. I think Jordan used all his weapons in composing to show everyone why he should be the new (at that time) keyboardist, and one of the best examples of his craft is the ragtime part. The bass solo is the sickest one among those without a bass solo within. If you think about it, it is the only clear-cut solo in TDOE, played exactly by the shiest member, musically and personally, JMX. Then we are rewarded with one brilliant melody – the one Jordan plays from 3:50 to 4:11. Note that again Jordan is the main player, but always backed up by a densely cool accompaniment. Apart from these four moments I mentioned, the whole middle third is just awesome. I like every transition – everyone is in perfect time and the intensity is always correct. If I had to choose among those secondary sections, it would be the one after the bass solo. Maybe it’s time to mention that Johns and Mike, although as I said previously mostly set the background for Jordan, they do it very well.

Then we revive Metropolis for a bit in the last third, which is revigorating as it distinguishes itself from the rest in pace. Soon Petrucci refers to the initial melody by Jordan, but not to the same effect in my opinion. The part starting at 4:43 is one of the best moments of the song. I appreciate not only power and speed but also modest play. It is jazzy, but at the same time it doesn’t lack energy. They don’t need to actively show it off, their musicianship inevitably emerges. The next section is keyless, and has an amazing groove! And when Rudess returns, it revvs it up (in similar meaning one can do with an engine). The whole note pattern is genial, and the keys add some malice to it. This whole minute can compete in equality with any of the first two thirds. At this moment, there is a transition to the outro, which is okay but doesn’t stand up as others in the discography do. In its defense, it segues into One Last Time, so it’s not a decisive ending.

Now let’s discuss the members’ contributions and performances. As far as I know, the keyboard parts here are purely by Jordan, but I may be mistaken. If my assumption is correct, I consider him to be the dominating force in TDOE, being the chief of most leads and directing the flow. He really showed a lot in its first installment with the band, and TDOE was a particularly nice stage for it. Portnoy is very skilled, and his drums additions are phenomenal here. He can really help control how the music is going, increasing or decreasing his rhythmic distance to the main melodies. Mike for me is the second main player of TDOE. Neither of the Johns has a lot of lead in TDOE. Petrucci has his own moments in SFAM, and Myung very rarely shines alone anyway. In TDOE, they keep the song together wonderfully. It’s they role, and they execute it with perfection.

In closing, The Dance of Eternity is for me the definitive Dream Theater song. It is even more characteristic and defining of Dream Theater than an influential classic like Metropolis. In TDOE, we can see the main element which makes me have DT as my number one band, the instrumental section, in its pure form. The musical phrasing, the hooky melodies, the aggressive and technical vibe, the interplay between the instruments – The Dance of Eternity is the best of Dream Theater.

Offline npiazza91

« Reply #56 on: November 06, 2014, 10:38:28 PM »
TDOE is fantastic, but I'm kind of against putting instrumentals as the #1 song in any band.  Reason being it doesn't feature a vocalist and the vocalist is just as important as the rest of the band, even arguably what makes the band.  Still, it's your list.  TDOE is around my number 12 or so.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #57 on: November 07, 2014, 12:40:10 AM »
I'm surprised to see TDOE ranked in first, but I'm very happy to see it there as well. It's by far their best instrumental, and is the highlight of SFAM for me as well. This song showed how amazing these musicians truly are, and like you said, Jordan really earned his place in the band with this piece. I'm still blown away by it every time I hear it, and even though it's not my favorite DT song, it's probably the one I listen to the most. I feel like this song is under-appreciated on these forums, as if people have become numb to it's complexity and brilliance, but to me it's the song that defines not just Dream Theater, but progressive music. With all that said, I do have one question for you: What would you use this song for in your wedding?
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline lucky7

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #58 on: November 07, 2014, 02:17:25 AM »
Interesting choice for number 1, great track, not in my top 10 but you explained why you love it...for a wedding though?

I suppose now your job will be finding a girl willing to have a 10 minute song played at the wedding.  ;D

As for Illumination Theory I love it from 13.00 - 13.30.  :smiley:  Maybe if it had a longer JP solo I would rate it higher, but out of all the epic tracks we have to choose from it does rank for me near the bottom....watching Breaking The Fourth Wall tonight so looking forward to hearing it live with an orchestra.

All in all great thread and thanks for sharing your top 50!  :smiley:

Offline The Holy Tune

« Reply #59 on: November 07, 2014, 03:49:23 AM »
Wow I was right at my first guess! :metal

I have to say I said TDOE as a joke, it's possibly in my top 10 and my favourite instrumental song, but I guess I wouldn't pick it as #1. Still, an unpredicted(again it was a joke like guess ;D) and good choice

Offline fischermasamune

« Reply #60 on: November 08, 2014, 09:27:52 AM »
TDOE is fantastic, but I'm kind of against putting instrumentals as the #1 song in any band.

I didn't choose TDOE, TDOE chose me.

With all that said, I do have one question for you: What would you use this song for in your wedding?

As a child, I thought it would be simple. As a man, after your question, I found out there are at least 12 kinds/roles of wedding songs (according to https://www.weddingwire.com/wedding-songs). Well, I'm not sure exactly for which part, but I like TDOE so much I'd like to have it played in such important moment.

Offline chaossystem

« Reply #61 on: November 09, 2014, 02:09:43 PM »
I was trying to think of how to respond to each of your posts, or at least some of them.

But now I'm glad that I with held comment until you were done.

Very good list. Good choices.

Other than "Misunderstood," "The Best of Times" and "Illumination Theory" ALL of these songs would at LEAST be in my top 100, probably even the top 75. I mean that in a good way.

However, if you DID choose to have "The Dance of Eternity" played as your wedding song, be prepared to do a lot of explaining and have a lot of puzzled people there staring at you in a very confused way.
I understand, and a I'm sure most of the people who read your list understand what you mean: that that's what you would want your marriage to be; something that goes on forever. However, you will almost CERTAINLY be in a roomful of people who will know little or nothing about Dream Theater. They won't know WHAT that crazy-sounding music is, let alone what it's supposed to represent. And I seriously doubt if anyone is going to try to dance to it.
It also seems like a strange choice for #1 over all of the songs with lyrics and vocals, but I know I'm not the only one who said anything like that.
I can't stop the world from turning around, or the pull of the moon on the tide, but I don't believe that we're in this alone, I believe we're along for the ride...

Offline Rodni Demental

« Reply #62 on: November 09, 2014, 07:00:46 PM »
However, if you DID choose to have "The Dance of Eternity" played as your wedding song, be prepared to do a lot of explaining and have a lot of puzzled people there staring at you in a very confused way.
I understand, and a I'm sure most of the people who read your list understand what you mean: that that's what you would want your marriage to be; something that goes on forever. However, you will almost CERTAINLY be in a roomful of people who will know little or nothing about Dream Theater. They won't know WHAT that crazy-sounding music is, let alone what it's supposed to represent. And I seriously doubt if anyone is going to try to dance to it.

LOL You're probably right, but I still think it's a fantastic wedding song. And the almost definite confusion of a bunch of the people only adds to the sheer brilliance of it. Will certainly be more memorable than your average wedding song that's oozing from the seams with cheeese.  ;)

Oh, but your partner would have to be in on it and completely agree with you though, or you'll never ever get away with that being your wedding song.  :lol

Offline fischermasamune

« Reply #63 on: November 09, 2014, 08:27:44 PM »
I was trying to think of how to respond to each of your posts, or at least some of them.

Other than "Misunderstood," "The Best of Times" and "Illumination Theory" ALL of these songs would at LEAST be in my top 100, probably even the top 75. I mean that in a good way.

How many songs do you consider to exist? I consider only 103 songs, and to say there are not top 100 implies they are the three worst songs ever (worse than TMW, BMUBMD, IWBY, ...).

Oh, but your partner would have to be in on it and completely agree with you though, or you'll never ever get away with that being your wedding song.  :lol

If she doesn't then someone else will hehe. But in a serious note, TDOE is truly special to me.

Offline Rodni Demental

« Reply #64 on: November 09, 2014, 08:53:25 PM »
I count 120 songs on the "List of songs recorded by Dream Theater" wiki page. This does not include any covers but it does include some non album songs like Don't Look Past Me, B sides, Raw Dog, Bombay Vindaloo etc. But it also assumes Six Degrees as one song (as it should). :P

Offline chaossystem

« Reply #65 on: November 11, 2014, 12:07:53 PM »

How many songs do you consider to exist? I consider only 103 songs, and to say there are not top 100 implies they are the three worst songs ever (worse than TMW, BMUBMD, IWBY, ...).

I guess I didn't realize that there weren't many more than 100 songs. But I was also going by songs that were unreleased until they were on the live albums, "alternative" live versions, and a few non-album tracks, such as "To Live Forever."
And yes, I KNOW: some people will want to chime in with> "then you also have to count Fan Club releases, YtsetJam recordings, etc." but I wasn't going that DEEP...
...And I happen to LIKE "Build Me Up, Break Me Down."
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 12:13:37 PM by chaossystem »

Offline fischermasamune

« Reply #66 on: November 11, 2014, 05:58:42 PM »
Yes, I think people can choose what songs they want to consider. I opted for the studio albms only since I probably know only a few outside them.

I'll wait to see what you write about BMUBMD in your list!

Offline chaossystem

« Reply #67 on: November 11, 2014, 07:16:46 PM »
Well, I hope you'll be able to hear more of their live albums in the future.

They have a lot of good music on them, including some solos, covers, medleys, and "alternative" versions of DT songs that aren't on the original recordings.

I don't think "Build" will be in my top 50, but I still think it's a good enough song to keep in "regular rotation," ESPECIALLY the "Luna
Park" version!