Author Topic: Obfuscation's "This derphead again?" v.3 Roulette ITS ALL OVER!!!  (Read 19034 times)

Offline Obfuscation

• “"You are my creator, but I am your master; Obey!”
  • Google It
Re: Obfuscation's "This derphead again?" v.3 Round 7 results
« Reply #210 on: August 22, 2015, 02:13:49 PM »
Sacul, you can send me anything you want at anytime. I will never say no to new music so please, go ahead.

No problem Tyrias, I would have to wait for you anyway seeing as how long you guys waited for me to come back.
“Beware; for I am fearless, and therefore powerful.”

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #211 on: August 22, 2015, 03:21:35 PM »
Sacul, you can send me anything you want at anytime. I will never say no to new music so please, go ahead.
:heart Sent.

Offline Obfuscation

• Google It
« Reply #212 on: August 23, 2015, 11:31:51 PM »
Holy shit. Should I even post the results? I swear people are going to think I did this on purpose. I feel like I should listen to the songs more and see if that changes anything. Pr maybe it was meant to be. You know what, screw it. Let's see what you guys think and say and want to do about it.

Results!

sneakyblueberry - maudlin of the Well: Heaven and Weak

I feel like I will listen to this band's entire work if I were to keep on doing song roulette's which is a good thing though. So what I feel like this band does good from the songs I've heard and this one included is getting you into the song slowly and in a hypnotizing way and building it up to something big. This song pulls it off pretty much perfectly. The slow beginning just sound pleasant and nice to the ears and once you're really capture by the section, the guitars start kicking in leading up to a rocking, bang your head section which is fun. Really the only weak link in this song I can find is probably the vocals at times in the second half of the song just don't pump me up as much as the instrument playing but that's not to say it doesn't fit in.

Score: 9/10

Nekov - Riverside: The Curtain Falls

Honestly at moments I found many similarities of this song to the maudlin song as to how it starts off and it actually tries to build up to something. Its a nice relaxing song to listen to and the build is solidly played and built up to. I just feel like its okay and not anything that sets it aside from many other songs or gives it its own unique identity since there have been many other songs I've heard that are somewhat similar in my own experience. Also the climax for me in this song never really wows me or just leaves me wanting more.

Score: 7/10

Scorpion - The Fall of Grace: My Regret

So another song from another member of this forum but this time it being Adami. Not sure how many you participating in this have heard this or are familiar with it cause if you're not, I suggest you check it out cause its quite good. The tone and atmosphere set up by the song right at the beginning really fits the entire song. Everything from the vocals, guitars, drums, and bass really hit it on the nail and are all solid. And again another song that build up to an ending or climax. I just like that riffs they play at the end for some reason.

Score: 8/10

LordCost - Thumpermonkey: Sleeve

I have to say, this is really an interesting song to me in that at first I thought I wouldn't like it but I actually do and think this band has a unique sound thanks in part to the many different layers of sound used in this song and especially the vocals. First of all, this song just doesn't sound boring to me at all and in fact that's how I felt about it at first for no reason at all. I just like the sound of it thanks to the awesome riff tone of the guitars with the bass and the great rhythm they pull off. Honestly though, the star of this song for me are the vocals. Its not that they are the greatest vocals I've ever heard, not at all. Its just how they fit this song and give it a unique sound and how memorable they are with the vocal melodies that are sung.

Lucien - Dmitri Shostakovich: Symphony 9

You didn't want to make this easy on me did ya? Let me try to keep this really short before I go on rambling about it. So first off, this starts off firing on all cylinders and I really like that because it really feeds off of how happy it sounds. Then its like listening to an entire story with its more quiet and slower moments in which your imagination can use to create whatever story it wants or it believes the symphony is playing. Really, its like lots of those slow moments are telling a mysterious story or that something is about to happen. Then it picks up again and it just sounds and feels fun to listen to all those instruments do what they do. Honestly what this mostly reminded me of were those Looney Tunes cartoons, especially the Merry Melodies cartoon ones they did which was the whole cartoon went with every single thing the music did. That's exactly how they would sound and I always got a kick out of them. Seriously, I skipped over many things on purpose and will stop before I go on. Also Lucien, if you have any more awesome classical music or anything related to it whether it be cool stories or people involved in that genre and would like to share, please do and send me anything you think is worth sharing. I would appreciate it.

Sacul - Faith No More: Smaller and Smaller

AHhhh the ever so famous Faith No More who I never dedicate time to listen to. I feel like you should've gone with a more riskier pick than this or something because honestly this song is just an okay song to me. Overall that's what it just build up to and I like it but I just didn't get into it like most songs in this round. I will say that the guitar riff with it up being okay only really shines in the chorus and is when Mike Patton also steps up to the plate with his vocals. I wish this song would have built up to something more. It just feels very restrained and like a small piece to something bigger. It seems like I only have bad things to say about the song but I actually like it a bit. Not to the extent of most of the songs I got so far but I also feel like this one will be a grower.

Score: 6/10

Tyrias - Vennart: Opiate

This is another simple song but the difference with this one is that it sounds bigger or more full as the song goes on and has a pretty good and memorable chorus. But that's really the only part that sticks out to me. The chorus. The vocals are good as is everything else but if it wasn't for the chorus, it would be a forgettable song. I think this song also falls in the category of a grower cause I feel like later on out of nowhere, I will be humming the chorus or something and then want to listen to the song again.

Score: 6/10

Scores
1)Sacul: 61+6=67
1)sneakyblueberry: 58+9=67
3)Lucien: 55+9=64
4)Tyrias: 55.5+6=61.5
5)LordCost: 55+9=64
6)Scorpion: 54+8=62
7)Nekov: 53+7=60
8)adace: 41

So yeah you read that right. Sacul and sneakyblueberry ended up tied for first after all this. I seriously did not expect that to happen. I went in to the scores thinking either one would win or lose and then when I went to add them up, boom tied. This sorta happened in my first roulette when I miscounted the score and recounted them again and had 2 people tie for first in the final round. So what I did and think would be the logical thing to do is just do a sudden death round between you two. Unless you want to both take the fame and glory of winning this but am not sure if that breaks any rules or something.

To everybody else, thanks again for participating and sticking around for about a year or so I guess it is and hope you don't hate after making you guys wait so long but at least I can say I finished and am happy I did.

Offline Lucien

• James 5:1-5
« Reply #213 on: August 23, 2015, 11:40:30 PM »
Watch this video, Obfuscation. I think you'll like it. Don't change my score if it changes anything, but watching it made me appreciate the symphony more
"Kind of a stupid game, isn't it?" - Calvin

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
« Reply #214 on: August 23, 2015, 11:41:41 PM »
I need to get the Vennart album at some point, I don't think it'll be as good as Oceansize, but, hey

and yeah that Riverside choice is a bit confusing, not even one of my favorites from the album, nor is that one of my favorite albums from them  :lol

Offline Obfuscation

• Google It
« Reply #215 on: August 24, 2015, 12:28:48 AM »
Watch this video, Obfuscation. I think you'll like it. Don't change my score if it changes anything, but watching it made me appreciate the symphony more

Honestly I saw that video in the related section and was thinking of watching it and I will do that.

I need to get the Vennart album at some point, I don't think it'll be as good as Oceansize, but, hey

and yeah that Riverside choice is a bit confusing, not even one of my favorites from the album, nor is that one of my favorite albums from them  :lol

I thought it was an interesting choice too.

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
« Reply #216 on: August 24, 2015, 12:32:44 AM »
So what I did and think would be the logical thing to do is just do a sudden death round between you two. Unless you want to both take the fame and glory of winning this but am not sure if that breaks any rules or something.
Nope, nothing of the sort. It's your roulette, so it's your rules. The choice is yours.

Offline Obfuscation

• Google It
« Reply #217 on: August 24, 2015, 12:33:40 AM »
Well then I will actually leave it up to them to decide because I am fine with either way.

They are both winners in my eyes. :'( :tup

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #218 on: August 24, 2015, 03:03:26 AM »
Hey! That's cool!!!  I actually don't mind either way tbh, I don't know how many BANGERZ I have left in the bank... That I got someone a little bit more into maudlin of the Well is good enough for me :tup

I can't believe this actually got finished haha, thanks for having me!

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #219 on: August 24, 2015, 03:33:19 AM »
I think two winners is kind of lame. Sudden death for the win. ;D
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Online Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #220 on: August 24, 2015, 04:28:11 AM »
I think two winners is kind of lame. Sudden death for the win. ;D

Agreed, althought a fight to death sounds more interesting than sudden death  ;)
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #221 on: August 24, 2015, 05:36:59 AM »
Goddamnit :lol

Went after the epicness factor and thought it'd pay off better, heh. Tbh I was almost about to send you Just Like You Imagined by NiN, but didn't want to repeat artists lol - and sent that tune among the extra tracks I sent ya so wth. I'd be up for a last round any time (damn you sneaky!), but I also feel this roulette has been going on for quite some time. Sharing the crown with sneaky feels OK to me - just in this context, I'd fight ya to death in another roulette ;)

Thanks for returning and finishing this! It was surely fun to play. ;D

Offline LordCost

« Reply #222 on: August 24, 2015, 07:52:00 AM »
I'm glad you liked Thumpermonkey! They are really unknown, it was a very risky choice. If you want to check out other songs I'd say everything on Sleep Furiously apart the opener, and from the other albums I like Abyssopelagic, 419, My Reality Is Stronger, The Drill, Tzizimime, Melissa Leaves...  the other project of the singer called Eat Your Robot is great too.

I would like to see the sudden death too, if I have to say what I prefer.

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #223 on: August 24, 2015, 04:07:27 PM »
Sharing the crown with sneaky feels OK to me - just in this context, I'd fight ya to death in another roulette ;)

Its settled, [tenacious d] we'll lead as two kings, until I poison your wine [/tenacious d]

Offline Obfuscation

• Google It
« Reply #224 on: August 24, 2015, 05:25:44 PM »
Since you guys want to leave it at that, that's fine by me. So congrats to the both of you.  :metal

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #225 on: August 24, 2015, 07:16:50 PM »
Sharing the crown with sneaky feels OK to me - just in this context, I'd fight ya to death in another roulette ;)

Its settled, [tenacious d] we'll lead as two kings, until I poison your wine [/tenacious d]
Wanna try beating me in Parama's roulette? ;)

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Re: Obfuscation's "This derphead again?" v.3 Roulette ITS ALL OVER!!!
« Reply #226 on: August 24, 2015, 08:58:08 PM »

:wtf:

What's with this 'sharing is caring' crap?
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
  • Transcribing Existence Rivets
« Reply #227 on: August 24, 2015, 09:25:14 PM »
idk, personally i never really give a shit about winning

this maybe explains a lot of things about how i perform in roulettes

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #228 on: August 24, 2015, 09:42:09 PM »

Wanna try beating me in Parama's roulette? ;)

how bout i beat you off and we call it a day

Offline Obfuscation

• Google It
« Reply #229 on: August 24, 2015, 10:00:10 PM »
I want to see blood.