Author Topic: Looking to cut from cable TV. Any suggestions?  (Read 8111 times)

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Looking to cut from cable TV. Any suggestions?
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2022, 02:23:24 PM »
We have multiple streaming services AND cable, because I can't convince my wife to cut the cord.
Wait til she's out of the house and "cut" it yourself. "Yeah, Spectrum says it'll be 6 days before they can get out here." That should be enough time to sell her on the idea.
Oh, but no.

:lol It's not always easier to ask for forgiveness than permission, despite what many may say.

I had a sit-down with my wife a few years ago about our cable bill. I never watch TV, it was all her and the kids. I scrolled through every single channel in our lineup with her and told her to write down the ones she had to have, and the ones she wanted to have but could live without. I took the list and found a package on Sling that had all the must-have channels. It took her a long time to grow out of flipping through channels to find something, but once she got there she realized it was a much better option. We have since dropped Sling and added Disney+, Amazon Prime and Netflix (though I think we are using her sister's Netflix login, which they are apparently going to crack down on).
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'