Author Topic: American Horror Story : Freak Show  (Read 4918 times)

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
Re: American Horror Story : Freak Show
« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2014, 06:09:28 PM »
Elsa
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline lucky7

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2014, 06:13:05 PM »
^^^Thanks!  :smiley:

Offline Mr. Ister

« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2014, 12:14:00 PM »
I liked the two (were there more?) throwbacks to the movie Halloween in this last episode.  Overall though I'm not very enthralled by it.
But if the dung comes out
He shits the death upon a man
Throw them a rag
Better to save the menstruate
Then surrender tuna sea crap
Whale!

Offline lucky7

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2014, 07:18:27 PM »
Yes, this season is very slow going just watched part 1 of The Halloween episode .. will hang in but it is not up there with previous seasons.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #39 on: October 30, 2014, 07:54:01 PM »
I think I'm removing this from the DVR....I'm all caught up on episodes and although this last episode was the best one (to me) I just don't think I'm going to invest any more time in this season.....it's just not 'there' for me this time around.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2014, 07:18:49 AM »
This last episode was awesome.  Making the dude sit down on that toilet seat...**shudder**  I'm loving it, whoever this writer(s) is, they are truly warped.  :lol

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #41 on: November 04, 2014, 05:55:56 PM »
Just watched Episode 4. Can not believe that they took (in my opinion) the absolute best part of this show (and possibly) the series and completely screw it up. I'm watching the rest of the season, and I'm sure he'll be back at some point..... but wow.....

Offline lucky7

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #42 on: November 04, 2014, 08:25:55 PM »
It was weird killing off the character..but maybe that group will still be in it, they made it a little interesting.

That sissy guy who murdered his maid, hopefully he kills of his mother and then kills himself, hopeless character.

Still hoping it improves!

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #43 on: November 05, 2014, 12:14:17 AM »
Yeah... I was really pissed to see Twisty go.

Offline Tanatra

• Forum Spider
« Reply #44 on: November 08, 2014, 11:00:25 AM »
It's interesting - in The Walking Dead Thread, everyone is happy at how quickly the Terminus plotline concluded, but it's quite the opposite with Twisty in American Horror Story. Could it be because TWD isn't dragging out a storyline for once? Maybe because Twisty had a certain charisma to him whereas the Termites weren't likable at all?

Either way, Twisty probably was the best thing about the current season of AHS, even if he seemed like an unnecessary addition to the main plot and I didn't care much for his character until he told his story to Edward Mordrake. I hate that spoiled rich kid.

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
« Reply #45 on: November 08, 2014, 12:10:10 PM »
I think I'm removing this from the DVR....I'm all caught up on episodes and although this last episode was the best one (to me) I just don't think I'm going to invest any more time in this season.....it's just not 'there' for me this time around.
I'm not really feeling this season either. I find myself bored just trying to get through each episode. My least favorite season by far.
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #46 on: November 10, 2014, 07:54:50 AM »
I think this season is going to get really intense once all of the little story lines start intertwining, but the build up is relatively boring at this point.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #47 on: November 10, 2014, 08:00:08 AM »
I'm not really feeling this season either. I find myself bored just trying to get through each episode. My least favorite season by far.

I had forgot to delete this so this past weeks episode was in my que....I watched it last night and this......

I think this season is going to get really intense once all of the little story lines start intertwining

.....seems like a fair assesment. The last (2) episodes (IMO) have been the best, and I think the storyline of the 'evil' DR who is trying to kill and sell a 'freak' is going to get more sinister.

I think why I haven't enjoyed it as much this season is the fact that in all the previous seasons Jessica Lange's character has been awesome and this season I can't stand to listen to her speak....that accent/acting is way below par considering her past performances and her character in general hasn't captured my imagination. Ehh....anyway.....

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #48 on: November 10, 2014, 08:36:13 AM »
I just really pissed Twisty is gone already... especially after hearing his back story. I wanted at least a few episode where he and Dandy worked as a team.

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #49 on: November 11, 2014, 03:11:04 PM »
I just really pissed Twisty is gone already... especially after hearing his back story. I wanted at least a few episode where he and Dandy worked as a team.
no doubt.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #50 on: November 11, 2014, 09:31:08 PM »
I'm sad to say that I'm done with this show. It's been utter shit (with spurts of mediocrity) since mid-season 2 in my opinion. I absolutely loved and still love everything about Season 1, I really think it's some of the best old-school horror that oozes mystery, creepiness, unnerving terror and intrigue. Since then it's been so basic and predictable, boring, cheesy in the worst way possible and downright shallow. I was hoping this season would change things up but...nope, still so god damn stupid. I predicted this would happen and really hoped I'd be wrong but...you just need to have a better plan than these fools do if you're going to do an anthology series, it's pretty fuckin' obvious they did not have a plan and if they did it went to shit.

Boring... R.I.P. American Horror Story. Maybe subsequent seasons will change my mind but I'll have to find out through here and the grapevine cause I sure as shit am not gonna waste my time any more. Three chances is enough, I think.  :-\ :facepalm:

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #51 on: December 19, 2014, 07:09:47 AM »
Has anyone stuck with this season? Wednesday night's episode was probably the best episode they've ever done (IMO).
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 07:53:44 AM by Chino »

Offline masterthes

« Reply #52 on: December 19, 2014, 07:51:16 AM »
I'm two episodes behind.

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #53 on: December 19, 2014, 07:54:01 AM »
I almost stopped watching two episodes ago. I'm glad I didn't.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #54 on: December 19, 2014, 08:52:10 AM »
Has anyone stuck with this season? Wednesday night's episode was probably the best episode they've ever done (IMO).

I  have even after I said I wouldn't. I haven't had the chance to watch the last episode yet but I'm glad I didn't stop watching. It took a bit for them to build the show/characters but it seems to be paying off. Dandy is pretty interesting now.....what a nut job!!

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #55 on: December 19, 2014, 09:04:26 AM »

I  have even after I said I wouldn't. I haven't had the chance to watch the last episode yet but I'm glad I didn't stop watching. It took a bit for them to build the show/characters but it seems to be paying off. Dandy is pretty interesting now.....what a nut job!!

Episode 9 made me realize what I think is the overall message of this season. Here we have all the freaks. They are a family-like unit. Many have made mistakes in life, but all in all, they are good people who just want to be respected and wish they could live their lives like the normal folk. Then there is Dandy. He's smart, very good looking, charming, rich, and is free to do whatever he wants in society. He also just so happens to be really good at manipulating and murdering people, and he's also sick, twisted, and deranged. It makes you ask what the real definition of a 'freak' is.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #56 on: December 19, 2014, 02:30:32 PM »
Just watched this weeks episode. Holy Cow....that was some pretty emotional stuff with Pepper.....I felt so bad for her when they were telling the backstory of how she got to the Asylum. What a trip....and the 'neat' little nugget at the end with the Time Cover.....makes me curious as to whats to come.

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #57 on: December 19, 2014, 03:09:33 PM »
Did you see season 2?

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #58 on: December 19, 2014, 03:14:26 PM »
Did you see season 2?

I did see Season 2....but for the life of me I can't remember happened to Pepper in it?? Also, I meant 'what's to come' in this season that apparently leads to Elsa still being the queen of Friday nights all those years later (according to that cover of TIME)

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #59 on: January 29, 2015, 10:56:40 AM »
The fact no one has posted here is weeks confirms for I already knew...this season blew!

I didn't even watch the last two episodes nor do I plan to, because it seems pointless.

Anyone want to tell me I should watch the last two to find out how this shit fest ended?
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 12:59:32 PM by Tick »

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #60 on: January 29, 2015, 11:01:34 AM »
Anyone want to tell me I should watch the last two to find out how this shit fest ended?

I only did just holding out hope that by some slim chance they'd save the season somehow......it didn't happen IMO. Again, I think it's by far the weakest season yet. And, I don't think any season they can offer will ever touch Season 1.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #61 on: February 25, 2015, 02:38:26 PM »
Think I just read the final confirmation that I'm done with the series. Lady Gaga is slated to join the cast for next season..........

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #62 on: February 25, 2015, 06:05:22 PM »
Have you guys seen the teaser? I think she can be good in it.

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #63 on: February 26, 2015, 05:58:17 AM »
I have one episode left of this season and I don't have any desire to watch it. Talk about a snooze fest.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #64 on: February 26, 2015, 08:32:45 PM »
I have one episode left of this season and I don't have any desire to watch it. Talk about a snooze fest.

Personally.....I think the 'magic' is gone from the show. What made it special and unique in the first season IMO has never been recaptured.

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #65 on: February 27, 2015, 03:18:54 PM »
I finally watched it on Wednesday. It sucked. What a bad season