Author Topic: DC comics TV shows (Arrow/Flash/Gotham/etc)  (Read 37609 times)

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
Re: DC comics TV shows (Arrow/Flash/Gotham/etc)
« Reply #280 on: May 31, 2017, 06:16:36 AM »
Just got the finales still to go here in the UK, and all three were left in a bit of a "we're all fucked" situation. :lol

Arrow remains by far the strongest of the four shows. The Flash has got too silly and the writers do such a bad job of incorporating time travel, though I enjoy quite a lot of the character stuff so it's still decent overall. Similar with Supergirl. Legends is just too absurd that I'm almost tempted to give up on it.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
« Reply #281 on: May 31, 2017, 06:21:40 AM »
I quite enjoy Legends because of its blatant self mockery and goofyness. The Flash started out as fun, but has become such dreck. People seem to lap it up, tho.
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #282 on: May 31, 2017, 06:26:26 AM »
I'm one of those who loves The Flash.  I really do think it's the love story that throws off the fans.  Nerds and dudes want action, not a love story.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #283 on: May 31, 2017, 07:15:54 AM »
I'm one of those who loves The Flash.  I really do think it's the love story that throws off the fans.  Nerds and dudes want action, not a love story.
Er, I don't think its that at all. The love story and other character stories are fine, it's the lack of coherent narrative that's the problem.

I be am boner inducing.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #284 on: May 31, 2017, 09:34:01 AM »
Maybe on this site where people use one organ more than the other but what I've heard from other fans is that the love story and how wishy washy it is. 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #285 on: May 31, 2017, 09:40:09 AM »
I love all the shows, the I like Arrow the least. That said, the 2nd half of this season was a huge return to form.

I say 2nd half because people seem to forget that the first part of this season was dealing with that dumb drug dealer guy that  no one remembers.

As far as finales go, yup Arrow took the cake. The return of Slade, the sacrifice of Malcolm (actor isn't returning), and just all of the character moments were great.

The "cliffhanger" was a bit meh, since obviously they're not killing off most of those people. They didn't really need it either since the whole choice element beforehand was good enough. Despite that, terrific finale, Slade and Oliver are a great combination that I missed, and Adrian has been a terrific villain.

I hope they don't pull a Flashpoint thing with Flash next season though, where everything is resolved in the first episode. Just feels like such a huge emotional move, only to reset so quickly, but at the same time, I doubt they have the balls to leave him in the speed force for long.

Supergirl...........it was fine. Seemed a bit forced at the end though. Good lead in to the next season though, curious who that is.

And Legends is great. The first season was really hard to watch and I was about give up, but most of the 2nd season really cleaned up. They found that great balance between good character moments and over the top cheese, and embraced them both. So I'm looking forward to all of them returning.

Edit: On 2nd thought, I think maybe it would be a cool idea to end Arrow on the cliffhanger. And then maybe in a year or so, or at the end of the next season of The Flash, have them show Oliver as a broken man who really did lose everyone on the island.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #286 on: May 31, 2017, 09:59:41 AM »
I quite enjoy Legends because of its blatant self mockery and goofyness. The Flash started out as fun, but has become such dreck. People seem to lap it up, tho.

SAME!  I wasn't sure about Legends at first, but it has become my "fun" show.  Flash started off as my whiz bang pow big fun superhero show, but it has since become a mopey soap opera.  Kind of a chore to get through an episode now.  The episode where he lost his memory and the musical episode were the best ones recently because they were fun.
Winger would be better!

. . . and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Driving the nail into my head. Memory flows...
« Reply #287 on: August 01, 2017, 03:15:45 PM »
Just announced that Gotham is moving to Thursday nights. Not pleased. I hear that's one-step removed from the dreaded Friday time slot, which is the death-knell for TV shows.

I can't watch the show on Thursdays anyway, so it'll have to be an on-demand watch for me next season, I suppose...
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - Out in May 2024!

www.roadstomadness.com

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #288 on: August 01, 2017, 06:07:55 PM »
My DVR saves me this pain.  I only watch sporting events live.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #289 on: August 02, 2017, 07:10:39 AM »
The issue I have with Flash is that the main story arc's have so much potential, but then the show just fuck's it right up with such gaping holes and problems in the details.  I can't tell you how many times jingle.son and I have yelled at the TV because of this - for instance... Barry's speed ranges from running around the city in a couple of seconds, to not being able to out-run a dude on a motorbike.

And yeah... the writers completely bugger up time-travel concepts.

I'm about ready to give up on it - there's too much other good stuff on TV/Netflix to watch.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online Adami

« Reply #290 on: August 23, 2017, 08:36:38 PM »
So I am officially completely confused.

After the amazing success of WW, you'd think things would be heading in a good direction.

Now, apparently they're doubling down on Jared Leto's Joker, which not a ton of people loved, by giving him THREE movies.

There's also going to be a stand-alone Joker origin story with a different actor, because we all want to know the Joker's origins.

AND the new Batman movie will apparently be unrelated to the DCEU and not star Affleck.

The hell is going on?

Of course, there's always a chance some of these reports will turn out to be false? I dunno. They seem official at the moment, but DC and WB have a habit of announcing a ton of stuff and not following through on most of it.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #291 on: August 23, 2017, 08:51:35 PM »
Ben went to rehab and may be backing out.

Online Adami

« Reply #292 on: August 23, 2017, 08:52:16 PM »
Ben went to rehab and may be backing out.

I think Ben not being Batman is the least surprising part of everything I posted haha
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #293 on: August 23, 2017, 08:57:20 PM »
 :lol

I think you questioning DC  IS the least shocking thing we've all thought! Lol

Online Adami

« Reply #294 on: August 23, 2017, 08:58:06 PM »
:lol

I think you questioning DC  IS the least shocking thing we've all thought! Lol

Very true!
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Cyclopssss

• Connoseur of love
« Reply #295 on: September 23, 2017, 06:10:15 AM »
So Gotham's back for season 4! Any opinions on season premiere? 
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #296 on: September 26, 2017, 10:09:06 AM »
So Gotham's back for season 4! Any opinions on season premiere?

I'll let you know in a few hours, just finishing up S3 on Netflix.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #297 on: September 26, 2017, 08:56:05 PM »
Just watched it, wasn't too shabby, laying groundwork for new storylines. Shame I can't binge watch this one lol

Offline Cyclopssss

• Connoseur of love
« Reply #298 on: October 01, 2017, 06:15:15 AM »
Yeah, it's quite the busy watching schedule with all those CW shows...  :)

Offline masterthes

« Reply #299 on: October 08, 2017, 06:17:13 AM »
Gotham is one of my favorite shows and I haven't been disappointed with this new season yet

Offline contest_sanity

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #301 on: October 12, 2017, 02:57:57 PM »
heh, that was actually pretty funny
Winger would be better!

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #302 on: October 20, 2017, 01:15:49 PM »
THIS HOUSE IS BITCHIN'

https://media.comicbook.com/2017/10/flash-premiere-translation-1037714.jpg

Yeah, they were building tension on what that hidden message would be... and then that happened :rollin
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
« Reply #303 on: October 23, 2017, 02:02:42 AM »
The first episode of 'Legends of Tomorrow' was a massive swirling ball of awesome stupidness........and that's how I like it.   Dumb as a bag of hammers, but utterly entertaining fun.   Micks 'Your salad sucks' line to Julius Caesar had me in stitches.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #304 on: October 23, 2017, 02:43:40 AM »
Mick is the show's redeeming feature. Honestly were it not for him, I might give up on the show, but he's brilliant. :lol

I be am boner inducing.

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #305 on: November 09, 2017, 09:59:17 PM »
THIS HOUSE IS BITCHIN'

https://media.comicbook.com/2017/10/flash-premiere-translation-1037714.jpg

Yeah, they were building tension on what that hidden message would be... and then that happened :rollin

funny reference to it this week
Winger would be better!

Offline soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
« Reply #306 on: November 16, 2017, 07:44:32 AM »
Sadly yesterday I made the decision that I was parting company with The Flash.  To be honest it's a show I've struggled with for a while - I think each season has got progressively worse.   Halfway though episode 5 (the one where the girls team up) I just lost the will to continue - turned it off there and then, unless I hear the show has gotten gud again then I can't see myself returning.

On the plus side Legends of Tomorrow remains as enjoyably dumb as it was in season 2, it's the only one of these DC shows I'm watching now.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #307 on: November 16, 2017, 07:58:42 AM »
And...Justice League is getting roasted by the critics.  Not that a critic's opinion necessarily means anything.  But the criticisms are fairly specific and tend to focus on things the DCU has had a history of mucking up, so I'm not hopeful.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later

I be am boner inducing.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #309 on: November 16, 2017, 01:27:27 PM »
Oops.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #310 on: November 20, 2017, 06:28:24 PM »
Spoilers....

Butch becomes Solomon Grundy?! SWEEEEETTTT!!!

Offline masterthes

« Reply #311 on: December 10, 2017, 02:17:56 PM »
Enough with the long drawn out mid season breaks. Looks like Gotham has most of the season done. Why do we need to wait 3 months? I don't know about the rest of you, but I'd rather have a later premiere date to the season, so we get the whole season without interruption.

Offline Cyclopssss

• Connoseur of love
« Reply #312 on: December 11, 2017, 01:05:01 AM »
Yeah I hate those too. Season's just getting warmed up and they leave you blue-balled.

Offline Cyclopssss

• Connoseur of love
« Reply #313 on: May 14, 2018, 04:42:51 AM »
Gotham!OMG! This season's just getting better and better! Also, it seems it is renewed for a fifth and FINAL season!  :-[

Offline Cyclopssss

• Connoseur of love
« Reply #314 on: August 08, 2018, 07:45:30 AM »
So Ruby Rose has been cast to play Kate Kanw/Batwoman in the upcoming CW show. Excited?