Author Topic: DC comics TV shows (Arrow/Flash/Gotham/etc)  (Read 37593 times)

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
Re: DC comics TV shows
« Reply #70 on: April 24, 2015, 07:31:12 AM »
I think both shows are watchable and certainly entertaining, but they are a far cry from being great in any way. Arrow has kind of been losing me more and more lately because the prequel stuff with Oliver in Hong Kong is really boring, and the action scenes are all basically identical and at times seem like they're just being shoehorned in for the sake of having at least one in every episode.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
Re: DC comics TV shows
« Reply #71 on: April 24, 2015, 08:03:02 AM »
I agree that the last fight scene between Flash and Everyman was ridiculous - Flash should have taken him in no time - but by and large I find both shows entertaining.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Re: The DC comics movies thread
« Reply #72 on: April 30, 2015, 01:06:42 PM »
That Flash episode was incredible!! 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
Re: DC comics TV shows (Arrow/Flash/Gotham/etc)
« Reply #73 on: May 01, 2015, 02:44:25 AM »
I think we're a couple of weeks behind on the Flash, which is weird because we're pretty much caught up on Arrow which is a couple of episodes ahead of the Flash in the UK. All a bit out of sync, especially as characters have been showing up in the other show!

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #74 on: May 01, 2015, 03:42:05 AM »
Yeah, I didn't want to say much for obvious reasons but you will not be disappointed Rich.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
Re: The DC comics movies thread
« Reply #75 on: May 01, 2015, 06:39:16 AM »
That Flash episode was incredible!!
Yep!  Caught it last night.

Still need to catch this week's Arrow.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #76 on: May 01, 2015, 07:09:47 AM »
I'm a little confused as to where Arrow is going. Are the show runners trying to make us hate Oliver? Is he playing some elaborate Trojan horse scheme with Ra's al Ghul? I'll stick with it see how it comes out but Ollie has always been a little difficult to cheer for...they aren't making it any easier.

Yes, and this weeks Flash was awesome!
"Religion poisons everything” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline masterthes

« Reply #77 on: May 01, 2015, 08:14:23 AM »
Both Flash and Arrow were so good this week

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #78 on: May 01, 2015, 08:50:53 AM »
Is he playing some elaborate Trojan horse scheme with Ra's al Ghul?
I feel like he must have something up his sleeve, but assuming he is, the writers are doing a good job of making it hard for us to figure out what it is.

I be am boner inducing.

Offline comment

• Custom Title
  • What’s on your mind Facebook?
« Reply #79 on: May 01, 2015, 10:00:14 AM »
Haven't been on here forever.   

Just caught up with Arrow, Flash and Gotham.  I like Flash the best.  Arrow is good, but I don't really like having a current story and flashback storyline.  The Flash is a lighter show that has more intriguing possibilities with the scientific stuff. That both shows crossover quite a bit makes them more enjoyable.  I didn't care for them both at first, but I'm glad I continued to watch.

Gotham is always the one I'll catch up on when there's nothing else to watch.  It's okay, but they are trying something unique with the Batworld backstory.  I keep wanting time to move forward to see the characters in action.  Gordon being a white knight in a dark GCPD offers some good suspense.  I'm not a fan of Fish.

Constantine will see... 

Looking forward to more DC shows.
Signature

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #80 on: May 14, 2015, 08:03:42 AM »
So, yea. The season finale of Arrow was last night. Uuuu...didn't see that coming!

:tup

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #81 on: May 14, 2015, 08:44:33 AM »
Haven't caught it or the Flash yet this week.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #82 on: May 15, 2015, 06:21:28 AM »
So, yea. The season finale of Arrow was last night. Uuuu...didn't see that coming!

:tup
Caught it last night.

It was an awesome finale, but it kind of felt like the Flash was just thrown in there.

Curious to see where it goes from here.

I still need to catch this week's episode of The Flash, but I will do it today, most likely.  And then the finale is next week.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #83 on: May 17, 2015, 07:18:27 AM »
I just saw the trailer for the Supergirl show. I am physically upset. I am literally sweating and feeling the need to cover my face because of how embarrassed I am over how awful this looks.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #84 on: May 17, 2015, 07:36:47 AM »
Or just not watch it because if that personally hurts you, you need to reassess your life.  It's just a damn TV show.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #85 on: May 17, 2015, 08:06:56 AM »
Sayeth what? I won't watch it. I checked out the trailer, really didn't like it, of course I won't watch it. And from this point on it will mean nothing to me or my life. It's a reaction to a trailer, not a summary of my life.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #86 on: May 17, 2015, 09:16:57 AM »
You go overboard like it's affecting your life.  Just state is sucks in your opinion.  No TV show should ever make you physically upset.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #87 on: May 17, 2015, 10:12:01 AM »
Well, it did. It wasn't my choice to feel like that, it's just how I felt watching the trailer, no exaggeration. It won't affect my life, but it definetely affected my physical comfort in that moment.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #88 on: May 17, 2015, 12:23:51 PM »
Um, ok.

I'm hoping they tone down the whole rom-com aspect to it, but it could be quite fun.

I be am boner inducing.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #89 on: May 18, 2015, 07:49:06 AM »
I haven't watched the trailer yet, but from what I've heard about it, I'm glad that there are currently no plans to integrate it into the Arrow/Flash universe (although it is being done by the same people).

Not interested in Supergirl as a character in any way.  Never have been. 

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
« Reply #90 on: May 18, 2015, 10:43:29 AM »
Really enjoying Arrow at the moment. Yeah, and Agent Carter is also pretty cool. I´m pretty happy at the moment!  ;D
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #91 on: May 20, 2015, 03:12:46 PM »
We caught the season finale of The Flash last night and we thought it was pretty terrific! One scene was so emotional it had me and Mrs. P sniffling in stereo.

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #92 on: May 20, 2015, 07:02:24 PM »
the Flash finale was great.  And holy crap when a certain piece of headgear made an appearance!!
Winger would be better!

. . . and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #93 on: May 21, 2015, 08:54:02 AM »
That was a great first season.  You don't get to see too many shows have a first season like that.  Very good quality.

Offline comment

• Custom Title
« Reply #94 on: May 22, 2015, 09:04:20 AM »
Flash and Arrow finales were cool.   Looking forward to the next seasons.  I wonder how the Flash will change?  If the  Reverse Flash doesn't exist then Flash's mom lives right?  Really everything would change!

I just read that the Supergirl Pilot is leaked online.  6 months early and in HD.  That's shocking to me that it's out there already.  I learned the same thing happened with Arrow and Flash, though I'm not sure how early they were released...  But 6 months!  Wow!  I wonder if people lose jobs when stuff like this happens?
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 09:10:08 AM by comment »
Signature

Offline masterthes

« Reply #95 on: May 22, 2015, 09:38:30 AM »
Well, not everything changed. Obviously, Barry was still The Flash at the end

Offline comment

• Custom Title
« Reply #96 on: May 22, 2015, 11:02:18 AM »

Yeah, it'll be that one line of dialogue in the next episode that explains it all.
Signature

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #97 on: May 22, 2015, 11:27:09 AM »

well, he became the Flash (through other means) before Reverse Flash was even born
Winger would be better!

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #98 on: May 22, 2015, 11:34:11 AM »
And holy crap when a certain piece of headgear made an appearance!!

Reverse Flash's line when Jay Garrick's helmet came skidding out of the singularity was awesome!  "That's my cue to leave"

Maybe they are setting up the possibility for the Flash of Two Worlds story-line (i.e. the birth of the concept of the multiverse)?
Winger would be better!

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #99 on: May 23, 2015, 08:21:24 AM »

well, he became the Flash (through other means) before Reverse Flash was even born
Yes, but not until later.

Just caught the finale.  It was very exciting, and I can't believe it ended on a cliffhanger.  But there are now a whole host of time problems.

If Eddie's suicide caused Eobard Thawne never to be born, which erased him from time, then everything that happened on the whole season should have been wiped clean, because it was ALL orchestrated by Thawne.  But that didn't happen.

Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do!

Offline Cyclopssss

• Connoseur of love
« Reply #100 on: June 03, 2015, 04:35:32 AM »
just read that the Supergirl Pilot is leaked online.  6 months early and in HD.  That's shocking to me that it's out there already.  I learned the same thing happened with Arrow and Flash, though I'm not sure how early they were released...  But 6 months!  Wow!  I wonder if people lose jobs when stuff like this happens?

I've already seen it. Sort of cool, sort of  :justjen I think they might have caught the right tone. Leading actress plays her a bit quirky, though. 
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Offline Cyclopssss

• Connoseur of love
« Reply #101 on: August 11, 2015, 06:04:04 AM »
Finally caught up and watched the season finale of the Flash. Pretty emotional. Very well done though. Guess I have to take back all my earlier criticism of the series. Great cast, fun to watch and great storylines. What a comic book series ought to look like!  :tup

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #102 on: August 11, 2015, 08:47:09 AM »
Definitely fun, but time travel/paradox-wise, I'm not sure how everything doesn't implode on itself now.

We'll see.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #103 on: August 11, 2015, 09:20:10 AM »
Definitely fun, but time travel/paradox-wise, I'm not sure how everything doesn't implode on itself now.

We'll see.

I still don't understand why Eddie felt he had to shoot himself.  Wells was clearly distracted, and wouldn't have been able to dodge a bullet if Eddie had shot at him.

There are so many angles to do time-travel paradox's, I'm always open to the possibilities.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Cyclopssss

• Connoseur of love
« Reply #104 on: August 11, 2015, 09:35:35 AM »
Eddie was in some form related to Wells. Without Eddie no Wells. Quite simple really.