Author Topic: TERMINATOR - DARK FATE  (Read 224 times)

Offline MinistroRaven

• LotsOfMuzik
TERMINATOR - DARK FATE
« on: May 23, 2019, 02:06:34 PM »

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF's resident deceased dictator
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • The changing of the worrd is inevitabre!!!
Re: TERMINATOR - DARK FATE
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2019, 02:12:22 PM »
Not so sure about this.  I'd like to have faith that Cameron/Miller combo can do better than the last 3 Terms, but this trailer doesn't excite me.  The comments in the YT version I watched were priceless.

"Time Travel!!! 
I see this as a win"

Terminator fans: Terminator 5 doesn't really make much sense and the timeline is really confusing
Terminator 6: Hold my beer

The gender fluid vegan terminator is here to check your privilege
I think Jingle is right as rain
warflwwcesfw.
That's meme-speak for "We are really f*****g lazy when we can't eve say full words".

Offline MinistroRaven

• LotsOfMuzik
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2019, 02:15:24 PM »
Whta have me confused is this: If everything after T2 never happened (James Cameron's words) Then who is this Arnold we see in this trailer, because in T2 he died in that LAVA pool

Offline PetFish

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2019, 02:18:03 PM »
Not so sure about this.  I'd like to have faith that Cameron/Miller combo can do better than the last 3 Terms, but this trailer doesn't excite me.  The comments in the YT version I watched were priceless.

Same here.  I want it to be awesome but it just looks like another The Force Awakens/A New Hope thing.  Only "time" will tell.  hehe

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Member
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2019, 02:31:20 PM »
Not so sure about this.  I'd like to have faith that Cameron/Miller combo can do better than the last 3 Terms, but this trailer doesn't excite me. 

Yeah....I'd love for this to be good but.....that trailer does nothing to show me this will be any different than the last handful of attempts to capture the magic of the first two films. We shall see but I have a hunch it'll fall short like the rest of them.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF's resident deceased dictator
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • The changing of the worrd is inevitabre!!!
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2019, 02:40:46 PM »
It looks like a bloody mashup of Term 2, 3, Salvation, and Genesis.
I think Jingle is right as rain
warflwwcesfw.
That's meme-speak for "We are really f*****g lazy when we can't eve say full words".

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Rest in Peace
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2019, 02:40:47 PM »
I don't think I've seen a Terminator movie past T2.

I seemed obvious Sarah was the one coming out of the car toward the beginning. I genuinely did not anticipate the Arnold reveal however.

Those fight scenes are just.... ugh. Seeing Arnold and the T-1000 have a brief fight when they both close in on John at the mall was more intriguing and intense.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
    • The Home of cramx3
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2019, 03:21:01 PM »
James Cameron doing this makes me wet a little, but this trailer doesn't make me all of the sudden think it's going to be a good movie.  I've stopped paying attention after the 4th one.

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2019, 03:23:26 PM »
James Cameron doing this makes me wet a little, but this trailer doesn't make me all of the sudden think it's going to be a good movie.  I've stopped paying attention after the 4th one.

Dude also raved about how amazing he thought Genesys was.

So all of this...ALL of it......trailer, Cameron, etc, I am taking with a huge grain of salt. I've been hurt before. Like 3 times or something.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
    • The Home of cramx3
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2019, 03:49:07 PM »

Dude also raved about how amazing he thought Genesys was.

So all of this...ALL of it......trailer, Cameron, etc, I am taking with a huge grain of salt. I've been hurt before. Like 3 times or something.

Yea, I didn't see that one but I get what you mean for those who have.  I'm almost certainly not going to go to a movie theater to see this anyway, but maybe one if it got good reviews I'd want to eventually check it out. 

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2019, 06:57:59 PM »
Trailer looks good!  Hopefully Cameron will breath life back into the franchise.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2019, 09:44:12 PM »
It looks like a bloody mashup of Term 2, 3, Salvation, and Genesis.

That's what I was thinking as well. Looks like a hot pile of shit honestly. T1 and T2 are two of my favorite movies ever made and I am so tired of seeing this franchise get royally violated over and over again. Just let it die already.

I'll pass

Offline faizoff

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2019, 06:50:35 AM »
Cool thing I saw was that the Terminator himself posted this trailer on reddit with the title that the trailer doesn't give away the entire movie. lol. He ended up doing an Q&A and some of his replies were quite wholesome.

I might check it out depending on how the word of mouth is.
The Dwarf lives until we find a cock merchant.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Back for the Attack
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2019, 10:43:21 AM »
I saw the trailer.

I still don't want to watch, and will continue to pretend that the only Terminator films are the first two.

Just like there is only one Matrix film, one BTTF film, and 2 Jaws films.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online Zantera

• the Flood
  • DTF.org Member
  • Feedback overload
    • https://parisinthespring.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2019, 02:22:02 AM »
Trailer didn't impress me but I'm still holding out hope this could be good because the people involved are good and I've seen them in interviews and it feels like Tim Miller "gets" it. Hopefully this movie delivers when we finally see it. I'm not too hyped about all the flipping around which makes it look like a superhero movie though. When Arnold and the T1000 fought each other it looked like two machines going at it. Arnold was big, slow and when he was pushed through walls, you felt it. The ninja flips after being hit looks a bit silly in comparison.