Author Topic: "AWAKE" & "Falling Into Infinity" 2xlp COLORED vinyl re-issues on ON SALE NOW!!!  (Read 6805 times)

Offline EnjoyTheRide

https://Enjoytheride.storenvy.com/

I am sorry that we did not give more of a heads up for those who care but it was out of my control.

Brookvale has decided to move the pre-order date for our upcoming Dream Theater re-issues to OCTOBER 3 at 12:00pm ET! 

That's TOMORROW for those of you keeping score at home. You'll be able to pre-order our exclusive multicolor variants for both "Awake" and "Falling Into Infinity" in our webstore starting TOMORROW at 12:00 pm EST Spread the word!

We are both carrying 500 copies of the Swirl variant in our respective web store's so we have agreed to launch the Pre Order's together even though generally speaking ETR tried to stay away from that

The Swirl color variants are

Awake will be pressed on 2xlp Gold/Grey Swirl with Blue Splatter & gatefold jacket

&

Falling into Infinity will be pressed on 2xlp Ocean Blue Swirl (Meant to resemble ocean waves) with White splatter & gatefold jacket

Street date is still November 11, 2014 but we expect to start shipping preorders approximately 1 week earlier.

We may also have a couple test presses of these for trade/sale with screen printed covers per usual
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 10:07:02 AM by EnjoyTheRide »

Offline Mindflux

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF.org Alumni
I Put my order in.

Offline countoftuscany42

ordered  :metal

Offline Mindflux

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF.org Alumni

Offline EnjoyTheRide

For those interested....BOTH our "Awake" & "Falling into infinity" colored vinyl re-issues are now available to PRE ORDER at both

https://Enjoytheride.storenvy.com/ 

&/or

https://brookvalerecords.bigcartel.com

Offline PolarizeMe

Ordered the Awake one. I might possibly get the FII one later, but Awake's the one I really wanted the most.

Offline 02T

Ordered. Had to have Awake, but went for FII too.
bradbaileymusic.com
Facebook.com/BradBaileyGTR
Twitter @BradBaileyGTR

Offline countoftuscany42

ordered  :metal

How did I know you'd be in here ;)
because we're both reckless spenders?  :lol

Offline Mindflux

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF.org Alumni

because we're both reckless spenders?  :lol

No.. no that's .. no!  :rollin

Offline dream416

• Carpe Diem
Well I was going to order this but with shipping at $55.00  :face palm:
this will stop me  from pulling the trigger on this. The cost is usually
around $12.00-15.00 at the most. Shame cause both of the swirl colors
look awesome.

Offline lordvader

Will the black or white version be available for pre-order also ?

Offline Shadow2222

I thought I was going to be too late. Just got my preorders in for both Awake and FII swirl versions :) Thanks!
"A pitch black night unfolds with the morning star as its only light... and thus the saga... begins" - Shenhua (Shenmue series)

Offline Mindflux

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF.org Alumni
I thought I was going to be too late. Just got my preorders in for both Awake and FII swirl versions :) Thanks!

Awwwww yiss.
 :hat

Offline EnjoyTheRide

The records came in and they sound/look amazing! The colored swirl with splatter copies are also the first thousand (1-1000) numbered in the pressing.

About 100 copies each still available of each at www.EnjoyTheRide.Storenvy.com or Brookvale records webstore so grab one before they are gone forever

Offline jellyDream

I got my copy of "Awake" last week. Sounds amazing! Looks great! Going to jump on FII while it's still available.

Offline Mindflux

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF.org Alumni
Mine came.. waiting for them to thaw out a bit before opening the package. 

Offline YouMakeMeSick

Got both Awake and FII in the mail today. Keeping them sealed, along with my sealed I&W color copy. I have I&W and FII on black vinyl for spinning and will buy a black Awake to do the same.
The owls are not what they seem...

Offline EnjoyTheRide

I got my copy of "Awake" last week. Sounds amazing! Looks great! Going to jump on FII while it's still available.

Awesome, thanks for the kind words.  I am very happy with how these came out, after a two year ordeal with getting everything cleared on the label side. Glad it was worth it and hope everyone else feel's the same

Offline OpenYourEyes311

Just ordered mine! Can't wait!
I don't want MP playing with DT unless they were making a drummer change. If they let MM go and bring back MP, then fine, but no guest appearance please.
WELP.

Offline seasonsinthesky

• roo)))m noise
  • DTF.org Alumni

Awesome, thanks for the kind words.  I am very happy with how these came out, after a two year ordeal with getting everything cleared on the label side. Glad it was worth it and hope everyone else feel's the same

what sort of issues were preventing these from happening? something related to Music on Vinyl?

Offline ProgressiveIce

How are the copies numbered? 1-1000 = swirl, 1001-2000 = black, and 2001-3000 = white?
Also, all versions are on standard weight vinyl, correct? (Someone's claiming they're 180g on Discogs, but I never saw that mentioned in any announcement.)

Offline EnjoyTheRide

How are the copies numbered? 1-1000 = swirl, 1001-2000 = black, and 2001-3000 = white?
Also, all versions are on standard weight vinyl, correct? (Someone's claiming they're 180g on Discogs, but I never saw that mentioned in any announcement.)

I believe that is correct on the numbering

and they are 140g but I do not think it was mentioned anywhere although i could be mistaken.

I hope everyone is enjoying their copies, all of the orders placed through Enjoy The Ride is now sent out.

We still have about 100 copies of each left at www.EnjoyTheRide.storenvy.com

Offline EnjoyTheRide

Test Press Jackets have arrived
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 08:10:29 PM by EnjoyTheRide »

Offline Grizz

I have a sealed MOV FII. Can anyone compare it to the ETR version for sound quality?
"I raised the baby, I changed the baby's diapers.  Whenever the baby had projectile diarrhea, I was there in the line of fire.  I even got a little in my mouth!  I sacrificed so much for my baby.  Now my baby hates me and thinks Mike Mangini is its real father!"

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
Not sure how much of this is to be believed but the people on this forum seem to be up in arms over Enjoy The Ride's business practices.

I'm essentially concerned about the Dream Theater pressings here than anything else regarding the source material for these and how they were mastered, but there's a lot of other dirt being tossed around that I'm not the least bit interested in but if you want to sift through it here it is:

https://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/108821-etr-records-mystery/

Offline Grizz

The Music on Vinyl version is castrated crap. Don't buy it.

EDIT: The posters in that thread seem like complete aholes.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 06:46:00 PM by Grizz »
"I raised the baby, I changed the baby's diapers.  Whenever the baby had projectile diarrhea, I was there in the line of fire.  I even got a little in my mouth!  I sacrificed so much for my baby.  Now my baby hates me and thinks Mike Mangini is its real father!"

Offline goo-goo

Not sure how much of this is to be believed but the people on this forum seem to be up in arms over Enjoy The Ride's business practices.

I'm essentially concerned about the Dream Theater pressings here than anything else regarding the source material for these and how they were mastered, but there's a lot of other dirt being tossed around that I'm not the least bit interested in but if you want to sift through it here it is:

https://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/108821-etr-records-mystery/

Been reading the 40 plus pages of the thread. So far this is the most disturbing thing (DT related) is on pg 44:

-Dream Theater - He claimed it was CD-sourced because no digital files exist anymore. Music on Vinyl used HQ digital files from the label for their release of this.

Is there a way to confirm this? Reading the thread leads me to believe the DT releases are just plain reissues with no remastering whatsoever (not sure, this is pure speculation on my part due to his business practices) or are just plain files from a CD (and not the ones from the label)?

« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 08:30:46 PM by goo-goo »

Offline countoftuscany42

Can someone summarize what is controversial in this thread?

Offline Grizz

Okay, so  with the advent of eBay, collecting communities has grown huge. There are people that try to make a living selling to collectors, which is all well and good, but generally leeching off the community is frowned upon. For example, when there's a limited run on something, some people will use a tactic called flipping in which they buy up the stock to resell when the run ends and the secondhand price skyrockets. Some prototypes and post-run material was being sold in pristine condition on Ross's eBay account (which he claims to share, a claim which is heavily questioned in that thread) which struck these people as shady.

They also just seemed to dislike him in general because he's a successful presser and they're sanctimonious d-bags that look down on people with tastes unlike their own.

Offline ProgressiveIce

Some prototypes and post-run material was being sold in pristine condition on Ross's eBay account (which he claims to share, a claim which is heavily questioned in that thread) which struck these people as shady.
Looney Tunes/Brookvale (different company, same guys) has been doing the same thing. They sold several swirl I&W copies on eBay (username indirecordstore) for 3x the price shortly after they sold out from the webstore.

-Dream Theater - He claimed it was CD-sourced because no digital files exist anymore. Music on Vinyl used HQ digital files from the label for their release of this.
I've heard the exact same statement the other way around... And the fact that MOV was able to release almost the entire DT catalogue within just a few months always struck me as a little odd.

Offline seasonsinthesky

• roo)))m noise
  • DTF.org Alumni
plus MOV has released unsanctioned material (The Mars Volta, among others). there are very few companies being honest anymore.

Offline Grizz

MOV Falling Into Infinity is crap. The songs don't flow like they were supposed to and you can hear the fade outs fizzle. The drum intro to Take Away My Pain was removed, as well as a measure of drum fill from Trial of Tears. There's probably more but I don't listen to it, because the minor changes niggle me enough to just listen to the CD rather than hunt them all down.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 05:06:08 PM by Grizz »

Offline ProgressiveIce

Wow, that does sound terrible.
FYI, I posted that as a review on Discogs so other people are warned: https://www.discogs.com/release/5107286 (near the end of the page)

Offline ErHaO

How is the MOV Scenes From a Memory? Over here the MOV vinyls are 25 euro's and I still want Scenes on vinyl.

Offline Grizz

MOV Images & Words was pressed cheaply and off-center. To stop the pitch shift every ~1.8 seconds I had to widen the spindle hole with an Xacto knife. I'm not sure if that's indicitave of the specific LP, the run, the pressing plant, and/or the company.