Author Topic: Question for fellow Guitarists.  (Read 1212 times)

Offline Virtualman64

Question for fellow Guitarists.
« on: September 27, 2014, 09:08:07 AM »
Are the DT tab books sold online accurate?I've been working with some tabs from the internet,and I'm not even sure their correct.I did see that the IAW tab book was actually transcribed by JP.I'm just starting to try and play this stuff wow!Working on Peruvian Skies,Endless Sacrifice,and Stream.Any thoughts? 

Offline dreamrafa

Re: Question for fellow Guitarists.
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2014, 03:05:11 PM »
There are a lot of accurate tabs (with some errors), you just have to use some common sense... I guess all "official" tabs are ok, tough ive seen some pretty bad digitation on those tabs, usually notes are good you just have to change the digitation... Sometimes guitar pro tabs on ultimate-guitar are note for note copied from original books, so they are good too...

Offline TheLordOfTheStrings

• I make music. I also do other stuff sometimes.
  • EB
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2014, 11:40:04 PM »
I'd imagine some are accurate, but I kinda have doubts that any of them are perfect (by 'perfect' I mean exactly the way that JP plays them). I know Ultimate Guitar.com has ratings on their tabs. Just find tabs with the best ratings - those are probably the most accurate.
Check out my various music projects - I’ve got concept albums, singer/songwriter, rock, metal, prog, and more coming soon:

https://linktr.ee/STARCOMMANDStudios

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2014, 10:44:25 PM »
I think you'll find official tab books are close to 100%, if not 100% accurate, just some positions may be different.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Calvin6s

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2014, 10:36:38 PM »
a
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 01:30:32 AM by Calvin6s »

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2014, 10:48:33 PM »
They aren't 100% but I'm sure you would be able to tell what is off and just figure out the rest for yourself. I remember coming across quite a few in the Images and Words tab book.