Author Topic: The PC thread  (Read 35239 times)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
    • The Home of cramx3
Re: The PC thread
« Reply #700 on: June 08, 2020, 08:40:35 PM »
Looks very nice  :yarr and you have a cool color design, no hard drives? just the two SSDs besides I guess two m.2?  also those 480G intels are solid since we use them at work

Offline faizoff

« Reply #701 on: June 08, 2020, 08:46:46 PM »
Those Intel drives I bought in 2014 and I happened to catch them on sale. One is a 240GB and the other is a 480GB, but they are really fast even by today's standards for a SATA SSD (It butts right up to the SATA III bandwidth limit) and super durable.
Ah ok, I for some reason thought they were the NVMe non SATA ones. I'm researching M.2 NVMe PCIe drives and the Western Digital Black SSDs NVMe drives have some amazing read/write speeds. The Intel Optane ones are highly rated too and thought those might be them.
The Dwarf lives until we find a cock merchant.

Offline Puppies_On_Acid

• We are all one spark
  • Eyes full of wonder
« Reply #702 on: June 08, 2020, 09:11:44 PM »
Looks very nice  :yarr and you have a cool color design, no hard drives? just the two SSDs besides I guess two m.2?  also those 480G intels are solid since we use them at work
Yeah I have a couple of M.2 drives as well. And another 2TB Samsung SSD mounted behind the motherboard tray.
"Itís time to leave the land from which I grew. I let you go. Itís time to leave the land from which I knew. Iíll let you go."
My last.fm | My Rate Your Music Page
Parama is

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #703 on: June 30, 2020, 01:28:21 AM »
I love watching this guys videos, this was a good one: Spying on the Scammers [Part 1/4]
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline faizoff

« Reply #704 on: June 30, 2020, 07:05:34 PM »
I love watching this guys videos, this was a good one: Spying on the Scammers [Part 1/4]

Love Jim Browning, been watching his videos for a few years. That particular series of videos he did were amazing and the BBC made a documentary on these scammers that eventually led to some arrests for those scam artists. Though if you watch his other videos you can see how easy these setups are to restart and obfuscate their locations, Jim does some amazing work to infiltrate and try to save as many people as possible from their scams.

It's kinda amazing that these scammers make bank which is why they keep doing it, one of them he showed was making $3 million USD per month! that's USD!

Great videos.
The Dwarf lives until we find a cock merchant.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #705 on: June 30, 2020, 07:26:12 PM »

Wow. That was awesome.

Offline Northern Lion

• Defender of Liberty
« Reply #706 on: July 03, 2020, 07:14:11 PM »
Those Intel drives I bought in 2014 and I happened to catch them on sale. One is a 240GB and the other is a 480GB, but they are really fast even by today's standards for a SATA SSD (It butts right up to the SATA III bandwidth limit) and super durable.
Ah ok, I for some reason thought they were the NVMe non SATA ones. I'm researching M.2 NVMe PCIe drives and the Western Digital Black SSDs NVMe drives have some amazing read/write speeds. The Intel Optane ones are highly rated too and thought those might be them.

I don't know a lot about the optanes, but I believe they only show benefit when using them in conjunction with hdds.  Just so you don't waste your money :).
"You call it facial hair, I call it awesomeness escaping through my face"