Author Topic: James LaBrie Jibba-Jabba!  (Read 10238 times)

Offline Madman Shepherd

Re: James LaBrie Jibba-Jabba!
« Reply #70 on: October 04, 2014, 09:03:04 PM »
Trying to get the crowd to wave their hands back and forth...about 30% refrain.  "Trust me, it looks cool."  More join in. 

:lol

Offline Juular

« Reply #71 on: October 05, 2014, 05:49:44 AM »
Trying to get the crowd to wave their hands back and forth...about 30% refrain.  "Trust me, it looks cool."  More join in. 

:lol

Yes, one of my favourite moments from the new Blu-ray.  :biggrin:

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #72 on: October 05, 2014, 06:42:52 AM »

"So, are you all from Wallingford?"
*NOOOOOO!*
"I should've guessed."

Haha. My bro lives in Wallingford....It's a tiny village in Oxford. :lol

I can't imagine DT ever playing there.

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #73 on: October 07, 2014, 05:38:01 AM »
At a concert where Bruce sang a few songs with them: " Bruce Dickinson...from Iron Maiden...doing his solo stuff now".

Also,  why does he keep saying "that is our show" at the end of a bunch of songs when 100% of the audience know that it's not the last song they'll play????

Offline TheGreatPretender

• The Second Dancing Turtle
  • You are reading these words.
« Reply #74 on: October 07, 2014, 06:06:31 AM »
Also,  why does he keep saying "that is our show" at the end of a bunch of songs when 100% of the audience know that it's not the last song they'll play????

It's tradition. Lots of bands do that. They say their goodbyes the first time, then they do an encore, and then say their goodbyes for real.
"How's that for a slice of fried gold?"

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #75 on: October 07, 2014, 06:15:24 AM »
This thread...

Is awesome.

Offline Grizz

« Reply #76 on: October 07, 2014, 06:18:00 AM »

"So, are you all from Wallingford?"
*NOOOOOO!*
"I should've guessed."

Haha. My bro lives in Wallingford....It's a tiny village in Oxford. :lol

I can't imagine DT ever playing there.
connecticut
"I raised the baby, I changed the baby's diapers.  Whenever the baby had projectile diarrhea, I was there in the line of fire.  I even got a little in my mouth!  I sacrificed so much for my baby.  Now my baby hates me and thinks Mike Mangini is its real father!"

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #77 on: October 07, 2014, 07:33:39 AM »
I never imagined it would be a different Wallingford

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #78 on: October 07, 2014, 03:53:52 PM »
At a concert where Bruce sang a few songs with them: " Bruce Dickinson...from Iron Maiden...doing his solo stuff now".

Technically he says "Bruce Dickinson from Iro Mah....(perhaps he thought twice about saying he was from Iron Maiden since he was not currently with the band and awkwardly trailed off instead...then thinks, why the fuck not and continues) from Iron Maiden...doing his solo stuff now".

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #79 on: October 07, 2014, 06:14:21 PM »

Technically he says "Bruce Dickinson from Iro Mah....(perhaps he thought twice about saying he was from Iron Maiden since he was not currently with the band and awkwardly trailed off instead...then thinks, why the fuck not and continues) from Iron Maiden...doing his solo stuff now".

:biggrin: Yeah, that's more like it! !!  ;D

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #80 on: October 08, 2014, 03:37:07 AM »
I never realised just how awkward LaBrie's banter is.  And that silly screamy voice he puts on smh.

Online Mladen

« Reply #81 on: October 08, 2014, 12:19:09 PM »

Where can I find a bootleg of that? Hopefully it's on youtube somewhere.  :biggrin:

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #82 on: October 08, 2014, 12:24:25 PM »

Where can I find a bootleg of that? Hopefully it's on youtube somewhere.  :biggrin:

Ytse Jam released this officially...I have it, but canīt remember the exact name of the CD. Thereīs a picture of the band with Bruce taking centre stage on the cover.

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #83 on: October 08, 2014, 12:26:21 PM »

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #84 on: October 08, 2014, 12:36:34 PM »
Los Angeles, California 5-18-98 Official Bootleg:

YeeeEEEAAAH'LLAaa.. How we doin' here tonight peoplle?
*short drum fill*
Alright.
Well we're gonna have a lotta fun here tonight we're for one thing we're recording tonight live so, make a lotta noise, alright?
*crowd cheers*
We got a little, couple of treats later on going out, chocolate chip cookies, all that kinda shit ya know.
Alright.
We got a lotta music to play for you tonght are you reeaaaaaaaaaddy!!??
Let's get things started here we gooo..

I love how mike tries to shut james up when he starts talking about "treats".

I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"