Author Topic: The Official Hard Rock / Classic Metal Music Discussion and Memorabilia Thread!  (Read 909691 times)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
The Marsden/Moody duo in Whitesnake made for some great guitar parts.

To me, that is what Whitesnake will always be. I never bought into the whole hybrid hair metal Whitesnake.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth
1987 isn't a bad record but I like the bluesier records with Lord and Moody/Marsden so much more. And Coverdale sounded better too.
Must've been Kwyji sending all the wrong songs.   ;D

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
1987 isn't a bad record but I like the bluesier records with Lord and Moody/Marsden so much more. And Coverdale sounded better too.

1987 has some great songs, but I also consider it one of the great overrated albums out there.
One thing I do appreciate about it is the old school rhythm section of Ainsley Dunbar and Neil Murray.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
I was surprised to see Bernie's passing as lead story this morning on one of the big news websites in Australia.   They really didn't break big here until 1987 - probably some journo who saw Here I Go Again on his resume and didn't realise the original is quite different.  Good to see him getting some recognition , even though not a "big name" in the scheme of things.
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline nick_z

To me, that is what Whitesnake will always be. I never bought into the whole hybrid hair metal Whitesnake.

Couldn’t agree more. I’m not generally even a huge fan of blues rock, but those Whitesnake records are great.

1987 has a fantastic song (Led Zeppelin, um, tribute notwithstanding) and is generally very well crafted, but I will almost invariably go for one of the earlier records before I reach for that one…

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
Finally put an order in for Bob Daisley's book. Not sure when I'll get around to reading it but I always wanted to support the guy that got boned over and over again by Sharon.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Finally put an order in for Bob Daisley's book. Not sure when I'll get around to reading it but I always wanted to support the guy that got boned over and over again by Sharon.

I just can't pull the trigger for $39 on Amazon.

Offline gazinwales

$39 is an absolute steal for Bob's book, a really good book that I couldn't put down.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!

I'm there too; "Live In The Heart Of The City" is a GREAT live record.  Way underrated, IMO.

There's a local band "Beyond Purple" that does ONLY Deep Purple/Rainbow/Whitesnake/Dio songs, and while they do Still Of The Night, the best Whitesnake songs are the earlier ones they do.   (The drummer is BJ Zampa from Dokken and the guitar player is Jimi Bell from Autograph and House of Lords.  Bell also played in Geezer for about five minutes back in the day and co-wrote Master of Insanity from Dehumanizer.  AMAZING guitar player.)

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
$39 is an absolute steal for Bob's book, a really good book that I couldn't put down.

I see why it was $39 now. This thing is a beast. It is much larger than a standard hardcover book. This is close to a coffee table style book. The thing weighs a ton. Cannot believe how heavy it is. Thumbed through it a bit and just a wealth of photos from what I have seen.

I felt it was worth giving the money to Bob. I am so anti-Sharon that I completely avoided buying Ozzy albums just because I didn't want to give her any money. I finally picked most of them up on clearance. Think I spent anywhere from $1.99 to no more than $5 per CD. Got'em all on clearance.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: The Official Hard Rock / Classic Metal Music Discussion and Memorabilia Thread!
« Reply #14535 on: September 10, 2023, 04:55:33 PM »
New Primal Fear album is actually pretty damn good.  While nothing new, and some terrible lyrics in places, these guys have been really consistent.  I said there's nothing different but a little variety like Their Gods Have Failed which is a nice epic piece and even the straight ahead cliche tracks like Steelmelter are quite enjoyable.  Cancer Culture is pretty cool too.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Last Edit: October 27, 2023, 04:43:36 PM by TAC »

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Damn, that sucks.  He was solid during his time in WASP.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Stumbled across this;

https://youtu.be/dQARF_E-z2Y?si=fx4Z5zNm0Zs0fQJU

They look ridiculous but this is a damn nice song.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Stumbled across this;

https://youtu.be/dQARF_E-z2Y?si=fx4Z5zNm0Zs0fQJU

They look ridiculous but this is a damn nice song.

That's tasty, Kade. I'd love to hear the album when it comes out.

EDIT: Reading the comments, they might be done already??

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Oh really?  :lol

That'd be fucking right.  Still keen to check the album.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Woah, new Saxon!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvJ1T_tGSBc

:metal

Heard that today and it's...Saxon!!!

Apparently Brian Tatler recorded the album with them. How fucking good does Biff Byford still sound? the guy is 72...73 in two months!
« Last Edit: November 21, 2023, 06:47:39 PM by TAC »

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
The whole thing sounded class as usual.  Looking forward to the album.  Last one was excellent again.  Biff has never disappointed.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
They have been so consistent. Lionheart was the album that for me, put them back on the map. They've had a pretty steady lineup and I hope they come here next year.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
They have been so consistent. Lionheart was the album that for me, put them back on the map. They've had a pretty steady lineup and I hope they come here next year.

Lionheart was the album that got me into them!  Definitely from them onwards they have had a whole new lease on life.  Killing Ground was good but from Lionheart onwards, all fucking killer!

Offline ozzy554

One of the most dependable bands out there. Tatler was a great choice as a new guitarist though I hope it doesn't impact Diamond Head too much as I really enjoyed The Coffin Train. Though I'm sure Saxon pays the bills more than Diamond Head currently does
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

https://bravewords.com/news/riot-v-to-release-mean-streets-album-in-february-high-noon-lyric-video-posted

The new song is a bit cheesy but the solo section is cool. Very looking forward to this.

They've outdone themselves with this album cover.  :lol
« Last Edit: December 01, 2023, 07:23:38 PM by TAC »

Offline nick_z

They've outdone themselves with this album cover.  :lol

It's absolutely BRILLIANT  :rollin

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
The fuck?  Lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
 :lol

Reminds me of one of my fav cartoons as a kid, Biker Mice From Mars!

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
April Wine  :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I have never heard an April Wine song.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
I have never heard an April Wine song.

That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Legendary singer just passed away.  Start with "Sign of the Gypsy Queen" and continue from there

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
In Canada, April Wine are legends.  Not sure if anyone else knows them.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
That solo section is damn tasty, not bad.  Get a BOC vibe from the rest, but nice song.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
That solo section is damn tasty, not bad.  Get a BOC vibe from the rest, but nice song.

Yeah... that's a good description for them - they're the Canadian BOC.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Yes, and Blue Oyster Cult and April Wine kick ass  :metal

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
In Canada if you combine Our Lady Peace, Moist, I Mother Earth, Tea Party, that equals April Wine.