Author Topic: The Official Hard Rock / Classic Metal Music Discussion and Memorabilia Thread!  (Read 896542 times)

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Listening to that Make Love Like A Man song, to me it doesn't really come across as tongue in cheek, it seems kinda serious.

It comes across as tongue in man.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
More like tongue in ass.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
More like tongue in ass.

Whichever you prefer. ;D
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Depends whose ass.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Should I rename this the Steel Panther Thread ?  :lol
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Should I rename this the Steel Panther Thread ?  :lol

With these song titles I actually got confused myself if we were actually talking about Def Leppard.  Did go back to make sure it actually wasn't Steel Panther by mistake.  :lol

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Just noticed that the WalMart that I've been going to for years and years has completely gotten rid of their CD section.  Must have have been very recent within the last couple weeks, because every time I walk past I give a look.  But just walked past and it's 100% removed and gone.  It was legitimately replaced with Gatorade.  That was a Robert Redford nod to the CD'S.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
I don’t remember the last CD I bought.  Might have been something at the last ProgPower I went to in ‘19.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I'm going to admit something here right now......I'm almost over buying CD's.  This might go hand in hand with me not really getting into new music much at all, but I'm starting to really question spending the money on them these days.  9/10, I listen once and they collect dust.  I'll still buy from my very favourite bands, but even those ones, I'll rip to the computer and they end up on a USB in the car to save changing discs.  I feel dirty, but it's becoming harder and harder to justify.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I don’t remember the last CD I bought.  Might have been something at the last ProgPower I went to in ‘19.

So how are you buying when you say 'purchase worthy?'

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

Digital download - iTunes or Bandcamp.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Digital download - iTunes or Bandcamp.

Yeah, I've used bandcamp on a couple.  Seems bandcamp the money goes straight to the answer anyway for the most part.

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
I'm long done with cd's too.  I'm not sure who in this thread would have purchased the most cd's ever, but I'm going to say it was insanity and everyone else isn't too far behind.  I do remember that story of Wolf having to call the Fire department because 250 amazon boxes (with cd's) was on top of him.  A story like that has to be true.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I'm long done with cd's too.  I'm not sure who in this thread would have purchased the most cd's ever, but I'm going to say it was insanity and everyone else isn't too far behind.  I do remember that story of Wolf having to call the Fire department because 250 amazon boxes (with cd's) was on top of him.  A story like that has to be true.

:rollin

I'll go through and count one day.  Easily around 2500-3000 I think.

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni

Not far behind.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
So.....I'm not really admitting anything controversial then.  :lol

I know Tim still buys CD's.......maybe that's saying more about me.  ;D

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Not far behind.

I might count them on the weekend.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

Not far behind.

One push-up per CD.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Not far behind.

One push-up per CD.

Me come Monday morning.....

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
I'm going to say for me around 2500 cd's.  Anyone that buys them I give a complete respect nod to.  And that's why I often stopped at WalMart and had a look at this CD section up until recently.  There are a couple of Sunrise Record stores (replaced HMV), London Drugs has a small section and maybe a few second hand stores in Winnipeg; besides that, the CD world is done.  CD's were awesome, but society didn't care for them like this thread lol.  Amazon might be the final place to buy them.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
We have a chain over here called JB HiFi that still carry a lot of cd's.  They are literally everywhere and some have quite extensive selections;

That's the popular section and the metal section is decent at some of the stores.  It's always a lot of fun going into the city and browsing the few stores around as they normally all have a few things different here and there.  That's all part of the fun and why I've still been buying them up to this point.  Not for the experience, but the searching and the journey getting them.

i haven't ordered online for a little bit, but I'll always be inclined to buy something I normally wouldn't buy if I go for a day out looking.

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
We have a chain over here called JB HiFi that still carry a lot of cd's.  They are literally everywhere and some have quite extensive selections;

That's the popular section and the metal section is decent at some of the stores.  It's always a lot of fun going into the city and browsing the few stores around as they normally all have a few things different here and there.  That's all part of the fun and why I've still been buying them up to this point.  Not for the experience, but the searching and the journey getting them.

i haven't ordered online for a little bit, but I'll always be inclined to buy something I normally wouldn't buy if I go for a day out looking.

Literally everywhere? Wolf, disregard everything that has been said in the last few posts and please keep buying these little bastards.  The CD community legitmately now depends on you and whatever is happening in Australia with CD'S.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
You do remember what he did with his Frequency Unknown CD?

Offline gazinwales

Literally everywhere? Wolf, disregard everything that has been said in the last few posts and please keep buying these little bastards.  The CD community legitmately now depends on you and whatever is happening in Australia with CD'S.

Around 195 stores across our great country, metal section in my local has shrunk a fair bit in the past few years.
I don't buy much from them unless it's a great price.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Psst.....it's still on my shelf.  :facepalm:

Offline gazinwales

I gave mine to my dog to S*** on, he pissed on it many times too :)

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
I have at least 6 CD's on their way to me now. Mix of old and new stuff. One of them shipped from Poland.

Is there an AA equivalent for CD buyers?
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

Psst.....it's still on my shelf.  :facepalm:

I think I might throw my copy of FU at some clown walking down the street tomorrow for laughs.

I feel so betrayed!!!  All these years, I’ve envisioned some bloke taking this CD to the head while walking to work.   :biggrin:

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
I launched my copy of FU like a frisbee into a garbage bin

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
I would really be curious what everyone thinks their tally might be for CD buying. I’m at about 2500, Wolfster is at about 3000. There has to be more, I know someone cracked the 10,000 (Brentster?)

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Guaranteed not this guy. I’d honestly be surprised if I surpassed 1000. I started buying primarily digitally in the late 2000s (decade)

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I would really be curious what everyone thinks their tally might be for CD buying. I’m at about 2500, Wolfster is at about 3000. There has to be more, I know someone cracked the 10,000 (Brentster?)

I seriously might schedule an hour to count them all on the weekend mate.  I'm intrigued.  I used to have a cd log a few years ago but the computer crashed and I didn't have the document backed up.

Offline gazinwales

I have at least 6 CD's on their way to me now. Mix of old and new stuff. One of them shipped from Poland.

Is there an AA equivalent for CD buyers?

I had 6 CD's arrive today, 5 from CD Japan and one from Amazon.
Nearly all my collection is on discogs some 2,925, with not everything I have yet on their database and I started in 2015  :biggrin:
If your really curious you can look at what I have, my username is pure666metal  :yarr

Offline Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth
I don't really know why, but I'm still buying cds. New ones mostly at amazon and a lot of used ones for cheap prices through various outlets. Like wolfking I rip them to the computer and the physical product goes on a shelf and collects dust, but I just can't bring myself around to buy only digital.

I have around 1800 cds.
Must've been Kwyji sending all the wrong songs.   ;D