Author Topic: The Official Hard Rock / Classic Metal Music Discussion and Memorabilia Thread!  (Read 909506 times)

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Who misses out in this cover band, and who is who?  :justjen
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
 :lol

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
It's fate that Tim's 50k post coincides exactly with the 33rd anniversary of Winger's debut album.  Two monumental achievements  :metal
« Last Edit: August 11, 2021, 12:10:55 AM by bl5150 »
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online nick_z

Good stuff mate.  Post more and yeah, you've been a more than welcome addition here.

Yes, Daniel Heiman is an incredible vocalist.  Just wait to you hear him on Think Not Forever and Highlander.  The latter is ridiculous.  Amazing album.

Their first album was very enjoyable too, but this is another level.

Listened to A Flame to the Ground Beneath. Excellent stuff. I kinda remember people praising this (and the debut) as some underrated power metal gem. Seeing it mentioned here finally got me to check it out  ;D The vocals are indeed amazing.

Do you guys know the 2019 debut from Dimhav, "The Boreal Flame"? That's where I actually heard Heiman's voice first.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Do you guys know the 2019 debut from Dimhav, "The Boreal Flame"? That's where I actually heard Heiman's voice first.

Yes! Chad tipped me off to it.

He's also on Warrior's Path's The Mad King from earlier this year. It pretty generic power metal, but Heiman really rips, probably pushes it as hard as he has since Lost Horizon broke up.

He's also awesome on Matt Smith's last charity song.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Who misses out in this cover band, and who is who?  :justjen

Well, I've got the Jordan look covered... and I did play piano once upon a long assed time ago.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Lowdz

That Lost Horizon album is an absolute power metal classic.  One of the most amazing vocal performances ever also.

I know you're working on a new Top 50, but if I ever did another one, this album will definitely be added.

It’s a belter all right.

And congrats on 50 000.
I’m the John Myung around here obviously 😁

Are you saying Tim is MP then?  ;D

Forever more, into the night, blistering.

I’ve got some cream you can rub on that if it helps 😁

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
New John Sykes!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHLqf_r7I5c

This album could be pretty good. These songs are nice. He's weak vocally though.
Needs some....

Ronnie Romero! :neverusethis:
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I'm sure Ronnie was available.  Ronnie is always available.

I'll check this tonight, last song was pretty good.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
It's the same song (Out Alive) Tim posted a month ago but the original link was removed.  Perhaps this is the "official" release .

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
It's the same song (Out Alive) Tim posted a month ago

:blush

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
It's the same song (Out Alive) Tim posted a month ago but the original link was removed.  Perhaps this is the "official" release .

:rollin

Lucky Brent brought this up before I clicked the link for myself Tim.  :lol

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Like me, Tim's got a good memory, it just isn't very long.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Lowdz

Just seen some video of the Dokken show from a couple of days ago. The band are tight but Don is embarrassingly bad. I believe I could do better, and I couldn’t carry a tune in a bucket.

Offline Lowdz

I was at a loose end this evening so I watched Bill & Ted Face The Music. Old Keane looks exactly like current Steve Morse! 😁😁

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Ha!  I watched that like 2 weeks ago.  I actually thought it wasn't too bad.

Offline Lowdz

Ha!  I watched that like 2 weeks ago.  I actually thought it wasn't too bad.

Yeah, it was ok. I see Tosin Abasi did the air guitar notes. The torch has been passed to the new generation 😁

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Primal Fear have cancelled all their shows this year and next year due to a 'serious illness issue'.  Doesn't elaborate any further.  That doesn't sound good at all.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Yeah, I saw that. Kinda worried.

Offline Lowdz

Primal Fear have cancelled all their shows this year and next year due to a 'serious illness issue'.  Doesn't elaborate any further.  That doesn't sound good at all.

Must be Ralph surely? Anyone else is replaceable on a temporary basis.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Must be Ralph surely? Anyone else is replaceable on a temporary basis.

Thought the same.  Anyone besides him is replaceable, even Matt.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
https://youtu.be/ssR5qzz-iWU

Hey KK, Hammerfall called, they want their song back.

Offline gazinwales

12 seconds was enough for me... :xbones

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Just awful.  Fucking sad.

Offline ozzy554

I could only listen to the first 30 seconds or so because I had to run out to work and I have no ambition to go back and finish it. My interest in this album diminishes with every single. I'm starting to see why Halford wrote pretty much all the lyrics if this is the best KK and co. can come up with. Musically solid but the cheesiness of everything else ruins it for me.
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Ripper also was never one to write good lyrics.

Offline ozzy554

Ripper also was never one to write good lyrics.

Yeah I've noticed that my favorite Ripper albums were ones where he has minimal or no writing credits. Iced earth, Yngwie, and I can't find any song writing info for Charred Walls of the Damned but I remember liking those.
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
An update on the Nirvana baby lawsuit

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
haha, seems legit.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
New Dawn Of Solace!

They had one of my favorite albums last year, and probably my SOTY as well.

White Noise
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAjZ-tchYt0

This video is fucking dark!

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Damn, that's quite a shocking video.  I wasn't keen on them after you pimped them initially but tried a few more times as you rated them so highly.  I really came around to their sound and the first album was really enjoyable.  Similar vein here, will check out.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Their last album wasn't exactly in the TAC wheelhouse, but it just struck a chord with me. Lead Wings was such a great tune.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Their last album wasn't exactly in the TAC wheelhouse, but it just struck a chord with me. Lead Wings was such a great tune.

Yeah, that song was the highlight for me too.