Author Topic: The Official Hard Rock / Classic Metal Music Discussion and Memorabilia Thread!  (Read 909717 times)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Cool. Thanks Oz!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Jesus, two in succession.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
This should cheer everyone up.............some hard rockin new Bon Jovi  :metal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uReGsyzQyw

:\
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
Oh wow that was horrendous  :|
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I could see Jon's mouth moving, but I have no idea whose voice that was.

That's actually a great tune though.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
This should cheer everyone up.............some hard rockin new Bon Jovi  :metal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uReGsyzQyw

:\

:rollin :rollin :rollin

Great Adam Sandler vocal impression Jon.  Seriously, what the fuck?

Offline Lowdz

Why did I click it? Why? Just leave me with my memories.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

:lol

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni

You're welcome  :angel:   Gotta do something to keep myself amused  :biggrin:

"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
Vince Neil!

Actually, if you know Bon Jovi from 1988 it sounds like shit, but if you didn't know it was him, I kind of like it.  I have a friend who's been in bands for years and is making a sort of "mid-life crisis" record now, and he sounds like this (and I like his singing voice).

Offline Setlist Scotty

Actually, if you know Bon Jovi from 1988 it sounds like shit, but if you didn't know it was him, I kind of like it.  I have a friend who's been in bands for years and is making a sort of "mid-life crisis" record now, and he sounds like this (and I like his singing voice).
I dunno Stads - I think it was pretty awful. He sounded more like Tracy Chapman than himself!  :omg: Had no idea that his voice had declined *that* much. I wonder if it's from improper singing technique, lifestyle choices or genetics. Probably a bit of all 3, tho the way he sounded strained to my uneducated ears, I'm thinking a lot of it might be from improper singing technique. Sad.
As a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.

Offline Lowdz

https://youtu.be/RyaHEBlmaEs

New George Lynch from the upcoming instrumental album. It’s relentless, I’ll give it that. It is intended to be just a widdle fest. I’m looking forward to seeing how it fits in the album.

The blabbermouth article https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/george-lynch-releases-first-single-from-seamless-instrumental-solo-album/

Offline WildRanger

Has anyone gotten into Hanoi Rocks?

I've listened their debut "Bangkok Shocks Saigon Shakes Hanoi Rocks" and "Two Steps From the Move" and both albums rock.
I'm surprised this band hadn't achieved any kind of commercial success. They were influential on GnR.

Offline Lowdz

I've listened their debut "Bangkok Shocks Saigon Shakes Hanoi Rocks" and "Two Steps From the Move" and both albums rock.
I'm surprised this band hadn't achieved any kind of commercial success. They were influential on GnR.

Not a fan really, though Up Around The Bend is great. Also, Michael Munroe's Not Fakin' It is a great album.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
https://youtu.be/RyaHEBlmaEs

New George Lynch from the upcoming instrumental album. It’s relentless, I’ll give it that. It is intended to be just a widdle fest. I’m looking forward to seeing how it fits in the album.

The blabbermouth article https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/george-lynch-releases-first-single-from-seamless-instrumental-solo-album/

I really liked that actually.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

I love Hanoi Rocks. I actually listened to Two Steps a couple of weeks ago. They seemed to just take hold when Razzle was killed (in the infamous Vince Neil drunk driving crash). Then they kind of disappeared. I've never really followed Michael Monroe's long solo career. I've dropped the needle a couple of times, but never really gave it much chance.

I saw Shooting Gallery open for KISS on their 1992 Revenge club tour and they turned in one of the Top 5 opening slots I've ever witnessed. They were led by Hanoi Rocks' guitarist Andy McCoy, and they even covered Don't You Ever Leave Me. Great song BTW.

Offline Lowdz

I played the new Yngwie album earlier. It surprisingly didn’t suck considering it’s just the same 5 licks rearranged as always, but he needs a producer and a mixer. There’s something missing from the sonic range. Drums sound even worse than on his 1st album.

Offline Lowdz

Erik Grunwall cover of Headless Cross. It’s lacking the power in the guitars but what a voice he has. One of my favourite singers. Good to see h3s still around.

https://youtu.be/MvTOtJlyj64

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I played the new Yngwie album earlier. It surprisingly didn’t suck considering it’s just the same 5 licks rearranged as always, but he needs a producer and a mixer. There’s something missing from the sonic range. Drums sound even worse than on his 1st album.

Didn't realise it was out.  I'm keen to check it out actually.

Offline gazinwales

Another classic from KK and Ripper
https://youtu.be/9QYLAQ1q4RU

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni

said with tongue in cheek I am guessing  :lol

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Lowdz

said with tongue in cheek I am guessing  :lol

Sounds like a ManOwaR song where the lines of the verses would be their old song titles.
I nearly turned it off after Ripper sang the first line. His voice doesn’t fit the vibe of the song.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

This could be the biggest pile of shit I've heard in a long long time.

We're brothers of the road and we rock!
We're burning up the freeway, we never stop.

Shouldn't have come out of retirement KK.

Offline Lowdz

This could be the biggest pile of shit I've heard in a long long time.

We're brothers of the road and we rock!
We're burning up the freeway, we never stop.

Shouldn't have come out of retirement KK.

The positive- the production is excellent.

Offline Lowdz

Kade, have you had a chance to listen to the Yngwie yet?
Having another go now. Sounds better on Apple Music rather than YouTube. I prefer the instrumental tracks to the vocal ones.  It’s the best I’ve heard from him in a long time but is essentially the same five licks rearranged 😁 There’s a lot of reused bits from past songs. The Air on a G string bass line gets used again.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I haven't mate but will try to get on it this week.  Good to hear though there's something there worth listening to.

Offline Lowdz

I haven't mate but will try to get on it this week.  Good to hear though there's something there worth listening to.

Hey, don’t get your hopes up too high. His vocal melodies all sound exactly the same.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
So the same vocal melodies over the same five licks..........I am racing out to buy as I type!

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Gawd................Dusty Hill from ZZ Top just died too.  Can't say I was ever a massive fan but what a week  :-\

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Gawd................Dusty Hill from ZZ Top just died too.  Can't say I was ever a massive fan but what a week  :-\

Yeah, never a fan either but bloody hell!

Hope you've been managing through everything alright down there mate.  At least we aren't in Sydney.....

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni

Hope you've been managing through everything alright down there mate.  At least we aren't in Sydney.....

Thanks Kade.   Yeah...........rather not be  in Sydney but I guess they're one month in and still aren't properly locked down .  We're just coming out of our 5th major lockdown   (still can't have any house visitors etc...and everything else very limited) which makes 6 months out of the last 14 locked in our houses . So Sydney still have some catching up to do  :lol  Anyone still standing down here from a business perspective is a bloody legend!  I think there is almost a bit of shadenfreude after enduring all the sneering from north of the border for months on end about how they are the "gold standard" of COVID control - they confused good luck with good management and are now paying for it.  They're going to be in trouble until Sept/Oct by the looks.

Bring on summer!

« Last Edit: July 28, 2021, 05:14:21 PM by bl5150 »

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Thanks Kade.   Yeah...........rather not be  in Sydney but I guess they're one month in and still aren't properly locked down .  We're just coming out of our 5th major lockdown   (still can't have any house visitors etc...and everything else very limited) which makes 6 months out of the last 14 locked in our houses . So Sydney still have some catching up to do  :lol  Anyone still standing down here from a business perspective is a bloody legend!  I think there is almost a bit of shadenfreude after enduring all the sneering from north of the border for months on end about how they are the "gold standard" of COVID control - they confused good luck with good management and are now paying for it.  They're going to be in trouble until Sept/Oct by the looks.

Bring on summer!

True, you guys have easily had it far worse.  And yes, what you say there and from what I've seen, I had some similar thoughts.  Complacency crept in and definitely more luck than good management.

Hope the dojo is still kicking along nicely?

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Hanging in there mate , but it's a month to month thing.  How many people are going to get jack of in person...............online..........in person...........not sure etc....., so there's never any certainty about anything and you spend half your life updating customers about the latest changes and hoping they read their emails etc....  I am glad to be getting back outside cos after a few weeks of 14hrs a day in front of a screen I'm having issues with dizziness , eye strain etc..

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

No shit.