Author Topic: The Official Hard Rock / Classic Metal Music Discussion and Memorabilia Thread!  (Read 909898 times)

Offline Lowdz

Damn, this doesn't sound good.

https://bravewords.com/news/frank-marino-sidelined-by-debilitating-medical-condition-i-am-forced-to-announce-my-immediate-retirement-from-touring-and-possibly-all-things-related-to-continuing-my-career-says-mahogany-rush-guitarist

That's not good at all.  He's one guy I've heard a lot of praise for but never checked out.

I’ve only heard one song, on the Axe Attack album when I was a kid. I remember liking it. I know Paul Gilbert rates him so he must be good.

On a separate note, I went to play my new Queensryche deluxe editions and my CD player has died. I now have no CD player in the house. It’s all Bluetooth speakers. What have we become? 😞 Even the PS4 doesn’t read CDs.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Better go out and buy one Paul before you can't even get them in the shops anymore.  :(
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
This was hot!  Helps that it’s one of my fave all-time songs.

https://youtu.be/Hqy6O8no_Ic
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
This was hot!  Helps that it’s one of my fave all-time songs.

https://youtu.be/Hqy6O8no_Ic

That's awesome! MP rocking the Celtics threads!

Funny he's on this because whenever there have been threads about what album would you like to see DT cover, my answer has always been Boston's first album.

Joel Hoekstra..you're creeping me out. lol

And speaking of creeping out, who else wants to have a sleepover at MP's house?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
New John Sykes!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOdfNEqfmZU

I love the first youtube comment:"When "Chinese Democracy" came out, people were like "WTF took so long"... Then JOHN JAMES SYKES said "Hold my Beer!"..." :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
New John Sykes!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOdfNEqfmZU

I love the first youtube comment:"When "Chinese Democracy" came out, people were like "WTF took so long"... Then JOHN JAMES SYKES said "Hold my Beer!"..." :lol

That's more like it!   Enjoyed the riffing coming out of the solo.   He certainly has maintained a level of fire in his playing that is unusual for his age ..............having said that it might've been recorded 15 years ago  ;D
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Lowdz

Good to have him back. I liked that.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Ripping solo.

Offline ozzy554

Ex Uriah Heep/Lucifers Friend vocalist John Lawton has passed away suddenly at the age of 74. The news broke via Uriah Heep's official Facebook page.
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Ex Uriah Heep/Lucifers Friend vocalist John Lawton has passed away suddenly at the age of 74. The news broke via Uriah Heep's official Facebook page.

RIP  :-\

NEw from KK :  https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=tFjekrILVzM

Not great but much better than Hellbolt Thunderfire of Metal or whatever it was.    Ripper sounds like some weird combo of King Diamond and Udo and KK looks like my mother in law (in another 20 years) :lol
« Last Edit: July 05, 2021, 10:58:48 PM by bl5150 »
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
THIRTY YEARS AGO TODAY!

Clash Of The Titans

July 6, 1991
Great Woods
Mansfield MA

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
One of these things is not like the other.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Saw this post this morning and I meant to go back to it. His work with Lucifer's Friend is amazing. He was way underrated.

Offline Lowdz

RIP  :-\

NEw from KK :  https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=tFjekrILVzM

Not great but much better than Hellbolt Thunderfire of Metal or whatever it was.    Ripper sounds like some weird combo of King Diamond and Udo and KK looks like my mother in law (in another 20 years) :lol

It’s better but I just don’t like Ripper’s voice, and he’s a caricature of Rob Halford on Painkiller, shrieking constantly. Not going to bother with this I think.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Watching Accept's set at last weekend's M3 Festival in Maryland.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSVVvnOoAqU

I know it's just Wolf Hoffman left, and Mark Tornillo, but I'm really enjoying it. The drummer is excellent.

Too Mean To Die is a solid AF album.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I didn't take to the new album that much.  But I'd need to revisit it.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I listened to it last week. I found there was something about it that was easier on the ears than I remember the last couple being. And I like all of the Tornillo albums. There's been a lot of music released this year, and it's easy to overlook the Accept album, but it's pretty f'n good.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I listened to it last week. I found there was something about it that was easier on the ears than I remember the last couple being. And I like all of the Tornillo albums. There's been a lot of music released this year, and it's easy to overlook the Accept album, but it's pretty f'n good.

I'll chuck the CD in the car next week.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Watching Accept's set at last weekend's M3 Festival in Maryland.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSVVvnOoAqU

I know it's just Wolf Hoffman left, and Mark Tornillo, but I'm really enjoying it. The drummer is excellent.

Too Mean To Die is a solid AF album.

I'm watching a bit of this now.  They are always enjoyable to just sit down and watch.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
So I cut my grass after work today. Obviously I was listening to tunes. While I was weed whacking the walkway, I heard a blip in my air buds. I figured it was some news bulletin or something.
Nope! Apparently my phone had a message for me.. :lol

:metal

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
HAHA!!!  If it's too loud, you're too old!
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
HAHA!!!  If it's too loud, you're too old!

I love this quote from Airheads

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I thought Gene Simmons said that.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
I thought Gene Simmons said that.

Maybe? I know it from the movie, which could have been stolen being it's a rock n roll movie.

Offline gazinwales

Chalice Of Sin (Wade Black)
https://youtu.be/bQSAvyscbR8

Offline ozzy554

I guess Roy Z has just joined Graham Bonnet Band. I think Mark Zonder was announced for the new album a while back too so that'll be an interesting lineup. Between this and having Jeff Loomis in alcatrazz he certainly has my curiosity for both his upcoming albums.
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Damn.....................can't say I am surprised given the lifestyle , but Jeff Labar from Cinderella gone at 58  :'(

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Damn.....................can't say I am surprised given the lifestyle , but Jeff Labar from Cinderella gone at 58  :'(

Yeah, it was mentioned somewhere else around here. Any word on why?

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
I can only guess but no news I have seen confirming anything.  His "health issues" over decades were the reason Cinderella never did more albums so I assume it's either an overdose or his body just gave up on him.  Sad.

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Oh, I didn't know he had health issues. Or is that code for addictions?

Offline ozzy554

Oh, I didn't know he had health issues. Or is that code for addictions?

Yeah he pretty much admitted that his alcohol abuse issues were most likely the reason Cinderella went inactive after their brief reunion with Tom's return to music. The interview is a few years old at this point but he mentioned that him and Tom hadn't spoken after some kind of incident at one of their cruise ship shows.

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/jeff-labar-says-his-drinking-problem-is-to-blame-for-cinderella-inactivity/
Do you read Sutter Cane?