Author Topic: The Official Hard Rock / Classic Metal Music Discussion and Memorabilia Thread!  (Read 909684 times)

Offline Lowdz

So the guy that some has described a 'wasting his talent' 'full of himself' and a few more is finally finishing his solo album  ;D

Sums up lots of people.

EVH.

But guessing John Sykes?

Offline gazinwales

You blokes have very short memories, I was only 'defending' him a week or so ago  :biggrin:

Offline Lowdz

I can’t remember what I had for lunch 😀

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
You blokes have very short memories, I was only 'defending' him a week or so ago  :biggrin:

Ah, Tony Martin of course lol.  I'll look forward to that with great interest.  I wonder who is on the axe?
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

These guys only think guitarists.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

These guys only think guitarists.

:metal

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni

Ah, Tony Martin of course lol.  I'll look forward to that with great interest.  I wonder who is on the axe?

John Sykes and EVH ?  :lol

"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

John Sykes and EVH ?  :lol

Sounds like a ripper of album to be honest.  :lol

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Not to bring up the whole Tony martin thing again but with his comments about he has to write the melodies and you get the whole package and whatnot, I found it funny that on the 2 songs he sings on Magnus' album, only 1 is credited to him and the other is solely credited to Karlsson.  :lol

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I really like the new Firewind.  Besides the fact it's a Gus G solo album with the Firewind name on it, it's very cool.  He's really listened to a lot of Malmsteen when writing this though.

Offline ozzy554

Can't wait for the new Martin. He may have his difficulties live (that's why he didn't get the Candlemass gig) but in studio he can still put in some great work.
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Halfway through the new Dynazty.  This is very nice, this is clicking quite nicely.  However, Warbringers Defiance of Fate may have a competitor for SOTY.  Paradise of the Architects, holy shit what a tune.  It's an exact rip of Starlight but holy shit this song fucking slays.

Offline Lowdz

Those vocals have no place in this thread 😀

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Those vocals have no place in this thread 😀

I wasn't sure which thread to put it in honestly.  :lol

Offline Lowdz

I was enjoying it until the vocals started and then switched it off. I wasn’t expecting it either. Sometimes I play a track and am enjoying it but I can tell the growlies are coming. This one got me by surprise, in a bad way unfortunately.

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
Wait there were growls on the new Dynazty? I was so bored with the album that apparently I don't even remember that.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I was enjoying it until the vocals started and then switched it off. I wasn’t expecting it either. Sometimes I play a track and am enjoying it but I can tell the growlies are coming. This one got me by surprise, in a bad way unfortunately.

Wut?

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I thought you meant the more poppy sounding vocals Paul.  One song has a verse and a bit of growls but that's it.

Offline Lowdz

I thought you meant the more poppy sounding vocals Paul.  One song has a verse and a bit of growls but that's it.

I was referring to the Warbringer.
The Dynazty is very good.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Buy this man a beer  ;D

"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator

You changed lanes without signalling.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Wait there were growls on the new Dynazty? I was so bored with the album that apparently I don't even remember that.

One song has the screamer, Henrik, from Amaranthe.  But in general, no Dynazty doesn't use growls or screams and Nils is an amazing vocalist.  I enjoy the new album, but it's just too similar to the previous for it to really stand out.  It's definitely good melodic metal IMO.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

No kidding hey.  I can usually tell when people are going to cut me off but I was blindsided there.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Buy this man a beer  ;D

This guy preaches the truth.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

One song has the screamer, Henrik, from Amaranthe.  But in general, no Dynazty doesn't use growls or screams and Nils is an amazing vocalist.  I enjoy the new album, but it's just too similar to the previous for it to really stand out.  It's definitely good melodic metal IMO.

It's only cause in my haul last week I just decided to pick it up while I was doing an order and it was on stock.  I liked Renatus but I didn't follow the next 2 at all really.  I may have sampled them but can't recall.  So for me, this new one is kind of fresh, if that makes sense. 

You are right though with them repeating themselves.  I mean listen to Paradise of the Architects and then listen to Starlight from Renatus, even Blackie Lawless is laughing at their own rip off here.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I will add that with the Dynazty, the guitar solos are very creative and well constructed.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Buy this man a beer  ;D

You found Bill Ward!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Lol.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I'm liking this:

https://open.spotify.com/album/2HCRmSTwlR3YLnNuVP4bYu?si=9RGZ4IBOR7W4pFVIQ8CYJQ

Accept/Helloween style metal with Herbie Langhans on vocals.

and this..

https://open.spotify.com/album/3LFIMHiQbLWV24Ux51PDlJ?si=waFQdiR7RQWt4yQeQQSjqQ

Smoking instrumental metal :metal

EDIT: This album has blown me away. Amazingly heavy and melodic.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2020, 01:44:23 PM by TAC »

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
I'm liking this:

https://open.spotify.com/album/2HCRmSTwlR3YLnNuVP4bYu?si=9RGZ4IBOR7W4pFVIQ8CYJQ

Accept/Helloween style metal with Herbie Langhans on vocals.

I'll check this out tomorrow, curious about Herbie on this.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline Lowdz

No kidding hey.  I can usually tell when people are going to cut me off but I was blindsided there.

The comment I responded to mentioned Dynazty and Warbringer. I stated the singer shouldn’t belong in this thread. Bearing in mind the Dynazty singer is one of the best in the hard rock/metal field and the other sounded like JLB during the shrimp incident, I thought it would have been clear enough 😀😀😀

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

The comment I responded to mentioned Dynazty and Warbringer. I stated the singer shouldn’t belong in this thread. Bearing in mind the Dynazty singer is one of the best in the hard rock/metal field and the other sounded like JLB during the shrimp incident, I thought it would have been clear enough 😀😀😀

It's all good mate.  Your comment didn't have a quote attached and came directly after my Dynazty post, but really I should have put two and two together. 

I'm loving this Dynazty though.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
2 more albums to add to the list it seems up there.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Make it a third!

Damn, it's been a good day!

https://open.spotify.com/album/3xnK1ePe7QyjBuybdrBsNj?si=BeMJoGikToigo25RXuijLQ

Memories Of Never Ending, with it's epic second half, is in the conversation for SOTY.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Make it a third!

Damn, it's been a good day!

https://open.spotify.com/album/3xnK1ePe7QyjBuybdrBsNj?si=BeMJoGikToigo25RXuijLQ

Memories Of Never Ending, with it's epic second half, is in the conversation for SOTY.

I'll stick with Van Halen 1984 or Kiss Animalize