Author Topic: The Official Hard Rock / Classic Metal Music Discussion and Memorabilia Thread!  (Read 909809 times)

Offline Lowdz

Whoops, missed the link  :rollin

https://youtu.be/gVtDkOokx74

Offline Lowdz

https://youtu.be/-lxFSNO3sgk

Chaos Magic ft Caterina Nix, with Zahir from Myrath. I love this, but I'm a huge Myrath fan. they are probably my favourite band that I discovered this millennium. I'm a sucker for that middle eastern vibe. It's all Ritchie Blackmore's fault.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator

Just spun it ... VERY enjoyable.  To goddamned bad it isn't on Spotify.  His 2017 release is though.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Lowdz

Why have I not heard that there is a new Alcatrazz album coming?

https://youtu.be/XeXkDPwjuGw

Sounds like a continuation from the first album as Joe Stump is more Yngwie than Yngwie is these days. Lyrics are a bit shit but I like it. Lots of guests on the album too.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Why have I not heard that there is a new Alcatrazz album coming?

https://youtu.be/XeXkDPwjuGw

Sounds like a continuation from the first album as Joe Stump is more Yngwie than Yngwie is these days. Lyrics are a bit shit but I like it. Lots of guests on the album too.

I meant to link that a couple of days ago.  I like that quite a bit but lol at the lyrics.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Wow. That is quite interesting. You guys set my expectations pretty low for the lyrics, but they weren't that bad.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Lowdz

Wow. That is quite interesting. You guys set my expectations pretty low for the lyrics, but they weren't that bad.

Nah, they’re ok, it’s just the surrealness of a metal song about a polar bear. But at least it is killing the dude 😀

The band were awesome when I saw them before Xmas. Even with Graham sat down the whole gig because his back had gone 😳

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
It sounded like he was gasping for air. :lol

It was cool seeing him last year with Michael Schenker.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline ozzy554

Graham has never really been the strongest lyricist. I do love the concept behind the song.....even if his actual choice of words are a bit camp lol
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
He sounds great here for his age.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
I remember years ago buying the Steeler album without hearing anything just because Yngwie was on it.  That album kicks ass. I have come across the Alcatrazz album, "No Parole from Rock n Roll" throughout the years but never really listened to it.  Listening to it now, great stuff.  Anyone familiar with their 80s stuff?

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I bought Disturbing The Peace with Steve Vai, and I didn't bother with anything after that.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Disturbing The Peace is one of the small group of albums I have on vinyl.  But for me No Parole..............is where it's at.   Both albums were bought after I put my researcher's hat on and worked my way back from Rising Force and DLR Band.
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I bought both when they were released! ;D

And I'll be honest. I was quite disappointed with both when I got them.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni

I am aware of him in so far as his work as a guitar instructor but haven't checked out the album you're referring to.   
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
https://youtu.be/-lxFSNO3sgk

Chaos Magic ft Caterina Nix, with Zahir from Myrath. I love this, but I'm a huge Myrath fan. they are probably my favourite band that I discovered this millennium. I'm a sucker for that middle eastern vibe. It's all Ritchie Blackmore's fault.

Caterina Nix belly dancing would be worth a look  :biggrin:

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
I bought both when they were released! ;D

Just when I was feeling old...............I feel better now  ;D

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I remember years ago buying the Steeler album without hearing anything just because Yngwie was on it.  That album kicks ass. I have come across the Alcatrazz album, "No Parole from Rock n Roll" throughout the years but never really listened to it.  Listening to it now, great stuff.  Anyone familiar with their 80s stuff?

No Parole is fabulous.  I never checked Peace though with Vai.

I'm pretty sure I have Steelers self titled album.  Don't know a thing from it.  Might have to find it.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Ron Keel on vocals.

Offline max_security

That iconic ending to his solo !!!

https://youtu.be/EGzLLpa5XoE

Offline max_security

I'm pretty sure I have Steelers self titled album.  Don't know a thing from it.  Might have to find it.

Disturbing The Peace with Steve Vai is amazing. His best work IMO.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni

Offline Lowdz

No Parole was my first Yngwie album. Loved it then and love it now. I wasn’t as big a fan of the follow up with Vai though it has its moments.
Never even bothered with the third.

I bought the Steeler a few years ago. I got a call from HMV saying the cd I’d ordered had arrived and I couldn’t remember ordering anything from them. Turns out I’d ordered it 7 years earlier 😀

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
No Parole was my first Yngwie album. Loved it then and love it now. I wasn’t as big a fan of the follow up with Vai though it has its moments.
Never even bothered with the third.

I bought the Steeler a few years ago. I got a call from HMV saying the cd I’d ordered had arrived and I couldn’t remember ordering anything from them. Turns out I’d ordered it 7 years earlier 😀

:lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Can I say something controversial?

I realize Steve Vai is amazing and all that, but honestly I cannot stand his style.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Disturbing The Peace with Steve Vai is amazing. His best work IMO.

I'll have to check it out then.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

I realize Steve Vai is amazing and all that, but honestly I cannot stand his style.

Nah that's cool.  His taste is a bit acquired.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
I’ve only heard Passion & Warfare. Some of the tunes are excellent while others were a bit of a head scratcher. Someone told me that after P&W, his music got more eccentric and weirder.

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->

Not controversial at all

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I had Flexable as a kid and that was pretty weird.

Offline max_security

I am not a fan of Steve Vai's solo material ( clever playing gets old after awhile ). I like him with Alcatrazz and DLR though.

Offline max_security

One of my favorite guitar albums, " Go Off ! " . No trickery here .

https://youtu.be/PoPUqfBFGd8

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Vai spent most of his early years working for/with Frank Zappa - that's enough to ensure you end up eccentric and weird  ;D

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Right.

I actually thought he was perfect for Eat 'em And Smile. But I could never understand him joining Whitesnake.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I am not a fan of Steve Vai's solo material ( clever playing gets old after awhile ). I like him with Alcatrazz and DLR though.

I'm not too sure what you mean?  Yes, his style is very acquired and downright strange at times, but Passion and Warfare, Fire Garden and even Ultra Zone has some of the most amazing guitar instrumental songs of all time.  Vai offered a lot more than a lot of his counterparts in terms of guitar instrumental albums.

I had Flexable as a kid and that was pretty weird.

Not the best Vai album to acquaint yourself with.

Right.

I actually thought he was perfect for Eat 'em And Smile. But I could never understand him joining Whitesnake.

Why? 

Eat 'em and Smile is a great album.