Author Topic: The Official Hard Rock / Classic Metal Music Discussion and Memorabilia Thread!  (Read 896560 times)

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
I very much liked Motherland and Kingmaker.  Got sidetracked, so I likely won't get to this until tomorrow now.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I had a listen to half of the Michael Sweet.  I think he wrote this album just after he visited the All Time Most Generic Heavy Metal Riffs museum.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
I had a listen to half of the Michael Sweet.  I think he wrote this album just after he visited the All Time Most Generic Heavy Metal Riffs museum.

Hmm........seems to have had very positive reviews for the most part.  I haven't got to it yet.

This popped up on Youtube today  - Fates Warning being interviewed in 1989  and Jim has a brand new WDADU sleeveless on.  :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDfTXU6aQQk&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR3NrBaqsCghWFRYCNhRyvsz5vF43qRysO2QeST6QRHNdpwvFoEHuA4K_20

"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I got six songs in I think.  Sounded fine but no creativity.  Interested in what you think Brent.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
I'm liking what I've heard from the new Michael Sweet, sounds like a continuation of the last three Stryper albums.  The song with Todd LaTorre is awesome.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I'm liking what I've heard from the new Michael Sweet, sounds like a continuation of the last three Stryper albums.  The song with Todd LaTorre is awesome.

Maybe I will go through and listen to the whole thing first.

Offline Lowdz

Just discovered the Rockpalast YouTube channel. Loads of live shows from their festivals. Currently enjoying Fifth Angel. Loads to dig into here.

https://youtu.be/i1_zkXxIrsU

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Sorry for your loss Paul

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Just discovered the Rockpalast YouTube channel. Loads of live shows from their festivals. Currently enjoying Fifth Angel. Loads to dig into here.

https://youtu.be/i1_zkXxIrsU

This is a solid channel it seems, good concert footage.  Not just rock either, lots of reggae.  I just put on The Skints show from this channel.  Good quality and well done. 

Offline Lowdz

Sorry for your loss Paul

Thanks Jason. It’s been a tough few months to be honest.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Sorry for your loss Paul

Huh? What did I miss?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Lowdz

Sorry for your loss Paul

Huh? What did I miss?

My dad has been ill for much of this year and he died 10 days ago. It was the funeral today.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Sorry for your loss Paul

Huh? What did I miss?

My dad has been ill for much of this year and he died 10 days ago. It was the funeral today.

Oh, Dammit, man. I didn't know. I'm so sorry to hear that. Damn, man.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
So sorry for your loss Lowdz

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Sorry for your loss Paul

Huh? What did I miss?

Oh shit, I missed that too Paul.  so sorry and thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

Offline Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth
Sorry for your loss and all my condolences.
Must've been Kwyji sending all the wrong songs.   ;D

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Sorry to hear that Paul - thinking of you.

"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Lowdz

Thanks guys. ❤️

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
My Slayer-The Repentless Killogy CD has been delivered!! :metal

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

If it's any good I may pick it up. 

Offline Lowdz

Your journey to the dark side is now complete 😄

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Nah, I've been a Slayer fan since the 80's.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
haha-  Motley Crue have torn up their "legally binding" contract with the fans who attended their last shows and are doing a tour with Leppard and Poison.

Bakers all around the world are rejoicing that Vince Neil is back on tour.

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Well, my legally binding contract for not seeing Def Leppard is still in tact.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
My legally binding contract of not giving a fucking shit about all three bands still stands.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Def Leppard were pretty damn good the last time I saw them a year or so ago - obviously you have to be able to tolerate Hysteria but they are pulling out songs like Diehard The Hunter , Mirror Mirror etc.........compared to other acts of similar vintage (Bon Jovi , Whitesnake etc..) the show that they put on is about the best going.   Great sound , lighting too.   Joe has a damn tough gig with his vocals and needs to falsetto a lot , but again - relative to his competition he is doing a great job.

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Well, my legally binding contract for not seeing Def Leppard is still in tact.

Should rip that up immediately

And these farewells are such a joke.  I've often thought of the Motley Crue local show on their farewell tour being one of my biggest concert regrets of choosing not to go.  I've always enjoyed their music but heard so much bad stuff about their live show to not want to go back then and it seemed like that was my one and only chance.  I guess not.  I think I'll go to this show, mostly for Def Leppard who I love, but Poison is pretty fun live too and then I'll just watch the shit show that is Motley Crue.  Def Leppard should be headlining though IMO.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Def Leppard were pretty damn good the last time I saw them a year or so ago - obviously you have to be able to tolerate Hysteria but they are pulling out songs like Diehard The Hunter , Mirror Mirror etc.........compared to other acts of similar vintage (Bon Jovi , Whitesnake etc..) the show that they put on is about the best going.   Great sound , lighting too.   Joe has a damn tough gig with his vocals and needs to falsetto a lot , but again - relative to his competition he is doing a great job.

Yeah, I'm being a bit extreme.  I did listen to Pyromania I think it was a couple of times when you guys recommended it a while back and it's a pretty good 80's hard rock album.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
If that gig swings around here, I just might go.  I'm interested in seeing Motley Dylan.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

So a couple things. I really only have a few "concert nights out" per year as a married father. Sometimes I'll say, "boy that would be great if I was single, I'd definitely go." But that wouldn't even apply here.

Why would I care if a 60 year old Def Leppard pull out a deep track from High n Dry? How about not making fucking suck album after suck album since 1987? I could not see any circumstance that I would pay money to see Def Leppard. If you don't believe in the old tracks like that, then don't pull it out in the hopes to get a guy like me to pay you money. If you really believe in Mirror Mirror, then make a fucking album that convinces me that you are a hard rock band, and not the hair rock's version of NSYNC. Fuck Def Leppard. Seriously. Fuck them.

And speaking of similar vintage? Fuck Bon Jovi and Whitesnake too. Especially Whitesnake. I don't care about Bon Jovi.  But at least he still has respectable (not that I'd listen) albums that still crank out a hit or two. But Whitesnake has been a fucking joke since the late 80's too.

I'm getting pissed off just thinking about it.  :lol Not at you Brent. :lol

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
I can tolerate what you said up til the bit about Bon Jovi still having respectable albums. 

They are the worst of the bunch by a fucking mile !   :lol

Def Leppard actually base their whole show now on High n Dry through Adrenalize + Retroactive so about half of it is pretty damn good :)    I haven't liked anything much they've done since Pyro , although their last album got good reviews from old fans. I didn't like it.   I'm not down on Hysteria as much as many here ,but do prefer the earlier material.

Whitensnake.........yeah a bit of a parody of themselves now and their recent output is patchy.  As far as songwriting goes the bluesy rock albums they did with Aldrich (like Forevermore) weren't great in my opinion but on a songwriting level I'd say they're better than anything Leppard or Bon Jovi have done in ages.

Bon Jovi are just a fucking joke on all levels .  Now you've pissed me off thinking about how fucking shit Bon Jovi are :lol

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
  Now you've pissed me off thinking about how fucking shit Bon Jovi are :lol

:lol

Good, now we'll be pissed off together! :lol :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I was already pissed off today before reading that anyway so yeah, fuck Bon Jovi.  Fucking sell out motherfucker.  Just never liked him or anything he really did.  Don't rate Sambora either.

Fuck Coverdale too I guess.  I saw them a few years back and was disappointed.  Mother fucker hardly sings.  Reb Beach should get Coverdale's paycheck.  At least they had 1987 and Sykes.

Fuck Def Leppard just for Pour Some Sugar on Me.  Fuck that song to hell.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns