Author Topic: The Official Hard Rock / Classic Metal Music Discussion and Memorabilia Thread!  (Read 896614 times)

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
I have Triumph's DVD release of their set. Holy fuck that was a scene. Shame it only ran for 2 years.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I also have Judas Priest's and Quite Riots' set on DVD, plus a boot of the VH, which is on youtube anyway.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
I also have Judas Priest's and Quite Riots' set on DVD, plus a boot of the VH, which is on youtube anyway.

Not one of VH's best performances - they were off their face before they even got going.
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
So.....

I am having trouble connecting to Ronnie Romero's voice. I have the first Lords Of Black, and a live Rainbow album with him. I mean, he's excellent and all, but there's something just missing for me.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
I was just reading the ticket prices for US Festival.  The three day pass was $37.50 and a single day pass was $17.50.

$17.50 to see Van Halen, Triumph, Scorpions, Quiet Riot, Ozzy, Crue and Priest!

I've seen parts of some of these shows and it sounded awesome, especially Priest.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
That's crazy. No wonder they lost so much money! :lol

Offline Lowdz

So.....

I am having trouble connecting to Ronnie Romero's voice. I have the first Lords Of Black, and a live Rainbow album with him. I mean, he's excellent and all, but there's something just missing for me.

Not growlie enough for ya😉.

Might be the accent? I kind of know what you mean and I’m the same with Ripper Owens he’s also at risk of over exposure as he seems to be singing on everything at the moment.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
So.....

I'm not a Lords of Black fan either but really like him in The Ferrymen.  Magnus influence though of course helps.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
It wasn't so much Ronnie the problem in Lords of Black, more just the songs in general did nothing for me.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Speaking of Ronnies.........................being down here in Oz I'm probably the last person to hear of this mob but this is parenting done right (all siblings)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPfNs_N9nE4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvqwBrkJ_jw
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Impressive indeed.  The guitarist should have concentrated on the solo in that live one as opposed to trying to show off but good stuff.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Not bad at all.

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Speaking of Ronnies.........................being down here in Oz I'm probably the last person to hear of this mob but this is parenting done right (all siblings)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPfNs_N9nE4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvqwBrkJ_jw

:metal wow

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Offline Samsara

• Queensrÿche Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Driving the nail into my head. Memory flows...
Speaking of Ronnie Romero, I was given an advance of The Ferrymen, the latest project from Frontiers with him. It's really good. It has this retro vibe, but modern all the same. It's weird. Spun it once, I liked it. I need to get Alter Bridge, Ray Alder, and Vanden Plas off rotation, and then I can spend more time with it. But dug it on first listen.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensrÿche (1981-1997) - Out in May 2024!

www.roadstomadness.com

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Speaking of Ronnie Romero, I was given an advance of The Ferrymen, the latest project from Frontiers with him. It's really good. It has this retro vibe, but modern all the same. It's weird. Spun it once, I liked it. I need to get Alter Bridge, Ray Alder, and Vanden Plas off rotation, and then I can spend more time with it. But dug it on first listen.

I liked A New Evil better than the s/t debut.

Offline Samsara

• Queensrÿche Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Driving the nail into my head. Memory flows...

I liked A New Evil better than the s/t debut.

I wasn't even aware they had another record. I thought this was a debut album.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensrÿche (1981-1997) - Out in May 2024!

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline Lowdz

I enjoyed the new Ferrymen.

Other recent albums I’ve enjoyed are Angel - Risen, and the new Vanden Plas.

Next up, the Michael Sweet.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I haven't even checked out The Ferrymen yet, or any of the others for that matter.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Lead single from the upcoming solo album from the Biffmeister - hopefully he's doing alright post surgery

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uas8We_R88&feature=youtu.be

Rhythm in the verse sounds very Ace Frehley - not a bad song for a single.

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Lowdz

Lead single from the upcoming solo album from the Biffmeister - hopefully he's doing alright post surgery

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uas8We_R88&feature=youtu.be

Rhythm in the verse sounds very Ace Frehley - not a bad song for a single.

Yeah, I like that. Not ready to lose Biff yet.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Hmmm....I thought that was pretty ordinary to be honest.

Offline Lowdz

Certainly nothing special, but I still liked it 😀

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni

I agree

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

I agree

If it's all like this song, I'll just wait for the next Saxon.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

After an amazing run of about 8 albums, I thought the last Saxon was pretty ordinary.

And this:

http://bravewords.com/news/former-black-sabbath-singer-tony-martin-in-the-studio-with-headless-cross

Still with Magnus Rosen

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Nice, I'll look forward to that one.  It's a shame that the project Tony was going to do with Andy LaRocque never took off.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Well, out of nowhere King Diamond decided to get active again. I wonder if he was worried about losing Andy.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

Afteer an amazing run of about 8 albums, I thought the last Saxon was pretty ordinary.

Fix'd.  :biggrin:

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Well, out of nowhere King Diamond decided to get active again. I wonder if he was worried about losing Andy.

Andy seems the pretty quiet humble type.  Not very prolific so I don't think there would have ever been any risk that Andy wouldn’t work with Kim as soon as he wanted to go again.

Interesting Andy never looked for a big gig over the time KD wasn't active.  Seems happy with his producing.  Shame in a sense as his playing is unreal and pretty recognizable.  Death, Illwill, XWorld-5, everything he was in was very shortlived that wasn't KD.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
If you can get past the shite album cover .............this sounds like it could be alright.   Dino Jelusic (vocal powerhouse from TSO/Animal Drive) with George Lynch.

Due January but a short sample here

https://www.amazon.com/Dirty-Shirley/dp/B07YNDLKLH/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=dirty+shirley&qid=1572435235&s=dmusic&sr=1-1

www.theguitardojo.com.au