Author Topic: The Official Hard Rock / Classic Metal Music Discussion and Memorabilia Thread!  (Read 896595 times)

Offline Lowdz

Still influenced by KISS's current tour as well.

Hey, I went to KIiSS in Manchester on Friday night. No miming there at all. Paul Stanley was passable but as always, the show was entertaining. I had to say thank you for all the pleasure they’ve given me since I was 10 years old.

They don’t play many of my favourite songs Live, but they are always worth a watch.

Offline Lowdz

Good to see a new Pretty Maids. Recent albums have been very good.

I played Future World in the car today.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Still influenced by KISS's current tour as well.

Hey, I went to KIiSS in Manchester on Friday night. No miming there at all. Paul Stanley was passable but as always, the show was entertaining. I had to say thank you for all the pleasure they’ve given me since I was 10 years old.

They don’t play many of my favourite songs Live, but they are always worth a watch.

:metal :metal :metal :metal

I want to see another show too!!

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Caught that earlier.  I dug it.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
And new Lord is out today.  Got the album for free from some guy on the PPUSA FB page.  Not sure why he gives albums away for free, but I'll take it!

https://lordofficial.bandcamp.com/album/fallen-idols

It's also up on Spotify.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
And new Lord is out today.  Got the album for free from some guy on the PPUSA FB page.  Not sure why he gives albums away for free, but I'll take it!

https://lordofficial.bandcamp.com/album/fallen-idols

It's also up on Spotify.

WTF? I'm sure the band is happy with that lol.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
The dude pays for it, and then sends it as a "gift" via bandcamp (to 5 people).  He seems to do this routinely with certain albums.  Katt got a copy too (and got a copy of Darkwater's album earlier this year too).

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
The dude pays for it, and then sends it as a "gift" via bandcamp (to 5 people).  He seems to do this routinely with certain albums.  Katt got a copy too (and got a copy of Darkwater's album earlier this year too).

That's pretty cool.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
Yeah that guy rocks. I think Kade got me interested in Lord (or was it Chad?)  in my last roulette so I'm psyched to listen to the album this weekend.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Yeah that guy rocks. I think Kade got me interested in Lord (or was it Chad?)  in my last roulette so I'm psyched to listen to the album this weekend.

Technically me since I got Chad into them.  ;D

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
I haven't found the time to read through this but will post before I forget about it.

https://limelightmagazine.com/category/cassette-chronicles/

It's called the Cassette Chronicles and runs through memories of around 100 of the best (mostly) metal and hair metal albums from back in the day.  Seems like it would be a decent read.

"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I haven't found the time to read through this but will post before I forget about it.

It's called the Cassette Chronicles and runs through memories of around 100 of the best (mostly) metal and hair metal albums from back in the day.  Seems like it would be a decent read.

Brent, Just clicked. This website is extremely local to me. Will try and work my way through the site.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Brent, here's another blog you might find interesting. My son's best friend's father is a rocker, and he introduced me to the guy that writes this. It's pretty interesting. I mean, I don't think he knows a lot more than you or I, but to do the research and write it all out is pretty cool. It's done by Bob Mayo, who used to play with Wargasm back in the day.

https://mayobat.wordpress.com/
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Brent, here's another blog you might find interesting. My son's best friend's father is a rocker, and he introduced me to the guy that writes this. It's pretty interesting. I mean, I don't think he knows a lot more than you or I, but to do the research and write it all out is pretty cool. It's done by Bob Mayo, who used to play with Wargasm back in the day.

https://mayobat.wordpress.com/

Cool - will check it out.

You should catch up and shoot the breeze with Mr Cassette Chronicles - he has a whole page devoted to ticket stubs  ;D
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Yeah, I'm going to spend time on that site. A lot of those stubs look damn familiar.

Offline Lowdz

Brent, Just clicked. This website is extremely local to me. Will try and work my way through the site.

Had a read of the first few pages. The list was a Who’s Who Of my early music collection. I don’t necessarily agree with him his opinions on the songs and there’s a couple of albums I wouldn’t have been seen dead with (Bruce Hornsby, Thompson Twins), but it’s an interesting read.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
New music from Thoughts Factory's upcoming album

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYwngOlf9B0

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Not bad at all (the music... the video is so bad it's good):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1fOGac2Xso

PHIL CAMPBELL - These Old Boots Feat. Dee Snider, Mick Mars & Chris Fehn

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Nice little line-up developing here for March in Melbourne ..........I think they are over doing it on the prices though , even though it's a full day/weekend thing.  The costs of getting all these bands in (second tier or not) would be huge but I am just not sure people will pay this sort of $$

Anyway.........if I miraculously find some money , there's some artists worth seeing in there.

https://shoutoutloudevents.ticketbud.com/melodic-rock-fest-melbourne-australia-2020?fbclid=IwAR2j84XA48O6o6ingkr00VSse7ocQEyxuUGR03Aw9c-txchI242bbpRF4jY

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Wrong thread Brent.  :lol

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Wrong thread Brent.  :lol

I put it here so you wouldn't miss the chance to fly out and see Kip  :metal

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
 :lol Eclipse, nice  :metal

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Nice little line-up developing here for March in Melbourne ..........I think they are over doing it on the prices though , even though it's a full day/weekend thing.  The costs of getting all these bands in (second tier or not) would be huge but I am just not sure people will pay this sort of $$

Anyway.........if I miraculously find some money , there's some artists worth seeing in there.

https://shoutoutloudevents.ticketbud.com/melodic-rock-fest-melbourne-australia-2020?fbclid=IwAR2j84XA48O6o6ingkr00VSse7ocQEyxuUGR03Aw9c-txchI242bbpRF4jY

There's some pretty decent artists here really.  Crazy Lixx, Paul Laine, FM, Eclipse, Teramaze, Kip and Tony too.  Woulnd't mind going if it were in my area.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni

There's some pretty decent artists here really.  Crazy Lixx, Paul Laine, FM, Eclipse, Teramaze, Kip and Tony too.  Woulnd't mind going if it were in my area.

Cmon man..........good excuse to travel  ;D

Plenty of time to plan - and for Tim to send me his poster of Kip in the shower so I can get it signed.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2019, 12:51:15 AM by bl5150 »

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Cmon man..........good excuse to travel  ;D

Plenty of time to plan - and for Tim to send me his poster of Kip in the shower so I can get it signed.

Hmm.....time of year isn't great but isn't horrible either really man.  If something comes up down there between May and August I reckon we make it happen.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Liking this new Michael Sweet w/Loomis .........they've got close to the the old Stryper guitar tone too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5o3nTMCCEok&feature=youtu.be

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Liking this new Michael Sweet w/Loomis .........they've got close to the the old Stryper guitar tone too.

Yeah not too bad at all.  I was disappointed by his last solo album to be honest, so hopefully this one is better.  Some cool stuff going on in the solos there too.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
That's an awesome tune and I think better than most of the tracks off the last two Stryper albums.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
For fans of Gotthard and Ronnie Romero...........I think I will just forget Gotthard and focus on this band (Coreleoni).  The only reason for this band to even exist is becasue Leo Leoni is frustrated that new Gotthard is a half-assed version of the old band.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBuVEQLRpy8

Album out in Sept and if this is the single , then I'm hoping for a classic Gotthard sounding disc.

« Last Edit: August 17, 2019, 08:21:24 PM by bl5150 »

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Never new much of Gotthard.  I do remember giving their first album a try.  I dug it, but not quite enough to go back to it.

Stealing song names from King Company??

Offline max_security

Good stuff right there thanks .

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
New King Diamond album next year called The Institute.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
If you want a new King Diamond album and a chocolate cake, you fucking have it