Author Topic: The Official Hard Rock / Classic Metal Music Discussion and Memorabilia Thread!  (Read 901869 times)

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
On another note, the lack of good metal lately is somewhat concerning.

This might be one of the longest stretches in recent memory.

Four months in to the year, and I've only bought 5 albums so far; only sampled a dozen or so.  To be fair, I was working thru the B&B podcast, and moving... so disposable time to sample new tunes has been rather limited.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Yngwie, good lord man!!  :'(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kjLiiUCa1c

Barely made it over a minute

:lol speaking of this guy, I also have a ticket to see him part of my rock bundle.  (two more shows left in this, Skid Row and Yngwie).  I am leaning on selling Yngwie and keeping Skid Row as of now.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Jesus that cover blows.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Jesus that cover blows.

Yea, that was pretty bad right from the start and I sadly listened to the whole thing.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
It's like he's had a stroke or something.  :'(  So disappointing.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Yngwie needs to bring in a full time singer again and just stick to the guitar. And maybe just maybe realize that his jerkstore attitude is the cause of all these decades of singers leaving and just try to be a bit nicer.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Yngwie needs to bring in a full time singer again and just stick to the guitar. And maybe just maybe realize that his jerkstore attitude is the cause of all these decades of singers leaving and just try to be a bit nicer.

It makes you wonder how he can be so ignorrant and not realise what's going on.  He should put on Marching Out and Odyssey and then play the new one and really take note, but unfortunately, he never will.  It seems it's all too late.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
It's no secret that musicians and singers can lose some skills as they age but what baffles me is how they also seem to lose the ability to filter what is good enough to release.  Tate and Malmsteen are the two prime examples ............I suppose the common thread there is loving yourself with a passion.
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
It's no secret that musicians and singers can lose some skills as they age but what baffles me is how they also seem to lose the ability to filter what is good enough to release.  Tate and Malmsteen are the two prime examples ............I suppose the common thread there is loving yourself with a passion.

Yeah, that never gets old. :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth

And a producer who has the balls to tell him what to play and that he lately plays and sounds like shit. But it's not gonna happen.
Must've been Kwyji sending all the wrong songs.   ;D

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
We need to get Yngwie in a room for an intervention lads.  I reckon we can crack him, we have a pretty fucking good team here.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Yep - let's unleash a fooking intervention man .
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline ozzy554

Aside from sounding more like a cover by a beginner instead of a guitarist as talented as Yngwie is (or was), the production does it no favors either. The tempo just sounds off, the drums are weak, and overall everything just sounds kinda flat. Maybe it sounds better on the actual CD as I know sometimes Youtube streams aren't the best quality wise but I don't really care enough to ever make the comparison.

Also he can drown his vocals in as many effects as he wants but he can't hide the fact that he is certainly NOT a singer.
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
And he just does the verse chorus, verse chorus, solo then just stops.  Like 'meh' the solos over, there's no point going back to the start again, let's move on to the next one.  :lol

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
I think it's safe to say everyone is likely passing on the new Yngwie  :lol

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
 :lol No doubt
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline Lowdz

I’ve passed on the new Yngwie for the last 15 years or more 😀

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Although, it could perhaps be a good counterpart to my Dedicated to Chaos drink coaster.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

Although, it could perhaps be a good counterpart to my Dedicated to Chaos drink coaster.

Only if you throw the CD out your car window.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Only if you throw the CD out your car window.

No I bought both versions, one went out the window and one went under my coffee cup.

I should do something similar for this Yngwie album.  I really don't want to listen to it though as it will probably make me cry.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
If you bought BOTH versions, you should throw YOURSELF out of a window!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
If you bought BOTH versions, you should throw YOURSELF out of a window!

:lol

Offline Lowdz

I know some of you don’t do Facebook but I’ve just been watching a live show from Vicious Rumors on there with Carl Albert’s son Kevin on vocals. Enjoyed it and Kevin does a pretty good job on the vocals.

https://www.facebook.com/keepittruefestival/videos/794668924252592?s=553084045&v=e&sfns=mo

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Vicious Rumors have seemingly had 30 different singers the last few years.  Kevin sounds pretty darn good; is he the new official singer?

Offline Lowdz

Vicious Rumors have seemingly had 30 different singers the last few years.  Kevin sounds pretty darn good; is he the new official singer?

No, it was a one off. The actual singer joins in on the last track. I really didn’t like his voice at all, and all the lineup changes killed the band. I know they couldn’t help the Carl Albert change but it’s been a bit ridiculous.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Looks like Avantasia hasn't sold that well out here - flogging off tix for 25% off a week or so out.  Wanna fly down Kade?  :)

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Tobi didn't even bother with Toronto this time when they couldn't even fill a 1200 seat theatre last tour

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Looks like Avantasia hasn't sold that well out here - flogging off tix for 25% off a week or so out.  Wanna fly down Kade?  :)

I wanted to try and go down but don't think I'd be able to get there unfortunately.  You going mate?

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
You guys talking about the MA show?  DO IT

It really really sucks if they are struggling to sell tickets, I thought they did well at Playstation Theater last time around in NYC.  Not sold out, but mostly packed a 2100 capacity venue (the bartender that night also told me she was surprised how packed that show was).

But regardless, personally, I think it's my most anticipated concert of the year and I just booked my hotel in Worcester which is walking distance from the venue  :metal

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni

I wanted to try and go down but don't think I'd be able to get there unfortunately.  You going mate?

Nah - nobody I know down here would know who they are and I'm not flush with cash to say the least.  Would've found a way to go if you were coming down.

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
It’s the Kiske effect. Plus the new album isn’t all that great.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
It’s the Kiske effect. Plus the new album isn’t all that great.

I don't know, I think its America.  Looks like they had plenty of big sold out shows in Europe.

I'd think Geoff Tate is a bigger name in America than Kiske though.  Actually debating about seeing Tate's Operation Mindcrime show locally if I feel like he sounds good live at the Avantasia show. 

Offline Samsara

• Queensrÿche Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
I was planning to go see Avantasia in San Jose. But it turns out, they have a show the same day as The Tea Party does in San Francisco, who I've been waiting 20 years to see. So no Silicon Valley for me. It's too bad. I was really looking forward to seeing Avantasia, but the conflict is what it is.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensrÿche (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!