Author Topic: The Official Hard Rock / Classic Metal Music Discussion and Memorabilia Thread!  (Read 896712 times)

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I wonder how long til we get in trouble for talking about Ensiferum in this thread?  :lol
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
It also sucks that it was on Thursday night. I definitely wouldn't go to a mid-week show for a band I don't even know that much. That's why I skipped last Katatonia show, which I kinda regret now.

Avantasia will be playing in Moscow on Saturday and there's always a huge turnout for them here, so I guess I'll have to get in line at midday to be reasonably sure I can make it to the first row.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
It also sucks that it was on Thursday night. I definitely wouldn't go to a mid-week show for a band I don't even know that much. That's why I skipped last Katatonia show, which I kinda regret now.

This is what happens 95% of the time for me.  It would be a band that I wouldn't mind seeing but being out that late on a weekday with my work schedule just isn't practical.  I start at 5am in the mornings so I'm getting to old for that.  :lol

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
We have a yearly show that our local radio show hosts called Blarney Bash. It's a St. Patrick's Day thing. This year we have Slaughter headlining, Steven Adler and Jesse Kramer.

I was gonna ask about Steven Adler and what he will do. But I just looked up the event on Facebook.

But I think it should be a good show to have a few to.

I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
So this arrived today:

Haven't had a chance to listen to it yet, but man, the booklet is fantastic. A true trip down memory lane. Clips of old Kerrang articles and great old pics.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
What's going on?  No new hard rock or metal anywhere by the looks and dunno but doesn't seem to be much on the horizon.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Yeah, it's been kind of quiet.

I've been tied up in roulette listening. And the Queensryche (which is awesome), and the Bodom (which is cool) are both being discussed in other threads.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Everyone should be listening to the new Darkwater album. Better than DT or QR (imo)
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Is it good? I loved Calling The Earth To Witness, but I thought the next one blew.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Everyone should be listening to the new Darkwater album. Better than DT or QR (imo)

Doesn't that answer the question?  :lol
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
That Motley Crue Like a Virgin song might be one of the worst songs I've ever heard.

Who thought that would be a good idea?

Offline ozzy554

That Motley Crue Like a Virgin song might be one of the worst songs I've ever heard.

I wasn't expecting it to be good but I wasn't quite expecting this level of awful. Barely even sounds like them.

If they amped up the sleeze and tried to actually make it their own it could've been at least interesting.
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni

I wasn't expecting it to be good but I wasn't quite expecting this level of awful. Barely even sounds like them.

If they amped up the sleeze and tried to actually make it their own it could've been at least interesting.

oh wow, didn't know this was a thing until just now and.... wow this is terrible

Offline Lowdz

It’s ok but I’m enjoying those two more.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Never heard anything from Darkwater.

Offline Lowdz

Well worth a go. I expect you will like them

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Well worth a go. I expect you will like them

Copy that.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
I bought a "ticket to rock" bundle at my local medium sized concert hall and it came with a ticket to like 6 rock concerts, I bought it mostly for the Whitesnake ticket, but a few others I figured I'd go if I was home and able to (the rest I can sell if I can't make it) so after selling my Tesla ticket because I was in Amsterdam for work, I'm home tonight and got nothing better to do than go see Warrant.  Getting some Cherry Pie tonight  :yarr  Actually I used to enjoy them when I was young and haven't listened in like 15 years at least.  Not as into them now as I used to be, but maybe it'll be a fun show.  I really like the song Big Talk still, that one's fun.  Curious how many people come out for this.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I bought a "ticket to rock" bundle

:lol

Offline Lowdz

I bought a "ticket to rock" bundle at my local medium sized concert hall and it came with a ticket to like 6 rock concerts, I bought it mostly for the Whitesnake ticket, but a few others I figured I'd go if I was home and able to (the rest I can sell if I can't make it) so after selling my Tesla ticket because I was in Amsterdam for work, I'm home tonight and got nothing better to do than go see Warrant.  Getting some Cherry Pie tonight  :yarr  Actually I used to enjoy them when I was young and haven't listened in like 15 years at least.  Not as into them now as I used to be, but maybe it'll be a fun show.  I really like the song Big Talk still, that one's fun.  Curious how many people come out for this.

Warrant were great. The new Warrant is ok but it’s not the same,

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni

Warrant were great. The new Warrant is ok but it’s not the same,

I wrote a review in the concerts thread, but they were pretty solid live.  Place was pretty empty though.  The singer was pretty drunk and saying some ridiculous stuff but never went over the top.  However, I did get to meet him after the show, he came out and chilled in the crowd for a bit and said he liked my Kamelot shirt which was really surprising, mentioned he knew Casey (their former drummer).  Seemed like a nice guy, just sucks for him because filling in for Jani just leads to a lot of hate on his part.  He sounded alright, not the greatest live, but not bad either.  The band seemed pretty good, it was a fun show.

Offline Samsara

• Queensrÿche Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Driving the nail into my head. Memory flows...
I can't see Warrant. I was a fan of theirs. Love the first three albums. Dog Eat Dog was WAY underrated. But I can't go see them without Jani. Jani wrote ALL of that stuff. The guys in Warrant, particularly the guitarists, didn't even play much on the first two records (if you don't know, look it up - the solos were done by a session guy).

I never saw them, and I never will. Just a weird thing of mine. And it doesn't hold true for every band, but for Warrant, just can't do it. Glad the show was cool though.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensrÿche (1981-1997) - Out in May 2024!

www.roadstomadness.com

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Even though I wasn't a fan, the original Warrant was so good live.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Ya know, I know little about them.  I had a greatest hits CD when I started enjoying glam and hair metal, I enjoyed it but never loved it.  But since I had a ticket for this show, I started looking into them after 15 years or so of not caring about them.  Realized A LOT of people really don't like Warrant's current line up.  Seems legit when no one shows up to the show, the singer asks the crowd if they got free tickets to be there  :lol, and this is what kicked me in the balls the most, the MOMENT, literally, right after I uploaded my concert video I LOST 2 subscribers!  Like it's too close in timing to not attribute that to people not being happy I uploaded a few Warrant videos.  Also got one negative comment about being glad they didn't go  :lol It's kind of funny to me how people who loved the band through the times have attachments where as I do not so I don't view things the same.  Well, having said that, I only think the singer is a cool dude because he was nice enough to talk to me and seemed to be interested in engaging which was a nice surprise especially from an older band, I do kind of think once he dies, what's the point of continuing?  I guess we all know the answer, but I can't imagine how much they are really making when people hate them so much.

Anyway, heres a few videos from the show:

Warrant - Cherry Pie
Warrant - Big Talk
Warrant - Live @ Starland Ballroom Concert Experience

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Uncle Toms Cabin is one of the best songs of the entire hair metal genre.

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni

Amen.

Cram - will check out the vids tonight.  :tup
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensrÿche (1981-1997) - Out in May 2024!

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

Word.

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
right after I uploaded my concert video I LOST 2 subscribers! 

Well I just subscribed.  Love watching a lot of your videos that you share here.   :metal   And Uncle Tom's Cabin is awesome.  So tired of Down Boys though.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Best channel on YouTube!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
right after I uploaded my concert video I LOST 2 subscribers! 

Well I just subscribed.  Love watching a lot of your videos that you share here.   :metal   And Uncle Tom's Cabin is awesome.  So tired of Down Boys though.

Thanks man, appreciate it!  :yarr  Should have some videos from the Kiss concert tonight either super late or tomorrow.

Also, I am not a huge fan of Down Boys.  I remember liking that song but when I went back and revisted Warrant before the concert, Down Boys was one of those songs that just felt like it didn't stand the test of time.  I mean, quite a few of their tunes felt like they were dated, but I thought Heaven still worked super well today and I'll agree on the Uncle Tom's Cabin love, that song is still a good rocker.

Best channel on YouTube!

:metal :yarr 

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
Cram, I subscribed just now too. So boom, you got those two subscribers back!  :tup

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline Lowdz

Cram, I subscribed just now too. So boom, you got those two subscribers back!  :tup

And another one 😀

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Another new Whitesnake song;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3oLB5a-8Z4

No thanks.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
This thread has had such little activity lately, it has apparently been given Post Welfare.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Another new Whitesnake song;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3oLB5a-8Z4

No thanks.

I'll have to check, but the other new single wasnt a bad song but it just felt so old.