Author Topic: The Official Hard Rock / Classic Metal Music Discussion and Memorabilia Thread!  (Read 909703 times)

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
5 albums of Testament!!!  :metal

:metal

I notice a lot of bands have those original series editions.  Seems like a great bargain if you want all the material from one band in one shot.

I got one from Montrose. It's good, but lacks the detail of the original releases (liner notes and such. They all came in card sleeves. I think I got the Roth-era VH albums like that too (except for the first one, I had that one).
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I did a search on Original Album Series on Amazon, and there's a ton of them. I saw the Montrose one.

I would highly recommend the UFO one. It's the 5 original Schenker ones. I think Stadler mentioned he had that.
I was hoping to find one from Triumph. I've never bothered to get their stuff on CD.

Also, I don't like the way they did the Alice Cooper ones.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
If you are looking for the best Triumph single cd, get "classics".  All the hits you would need in one album.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
It's not really the hits I'm after. The only Triumph CD I have is The King Biscuit Flower Hour live album. It's excellent.
I also have a mix CD that I made many years ago. Not sure where I got the original files. But If I could get their first 5 albums in a package similar to the Testament one, I'd do it.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Check out the look on George's face...............Adler babbling on endlessly in a radio interview and poor George wants out  :lol

https://youtu.be/sm01miOx7as?t=151
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
"Take a breath, dude."  :rollin

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Check out the look on George's face...............Adler babbling on endlessly in a radio interview and poor George wants out  :lol

https://youtu.be/sm01miOx7as?t=151

What the fuck, didn't know Alder has had a stroke.

Lynch wants to punch this douche in the face.  George looks like a fucking gun at 62!!
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
George looks a bit like Razor Ramon

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Hmm - Portnoy is touring Oz with his Shattered Fortress thingy - playing pub bandrooms and small theatres.  I really don't have a good feel for how he'll go - could probably fill up those venues with diehard drummers and DT fans I suppose.   It seems it's an extra $250 for a meet/greet .  Doubt I'll be going as the 12-step thing doesn't contain much that I'm dying to hear.   If I was going to go it would be to meet MP , even though he can be a douche , but not for $300+
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
I haven't paid any attention to that Shattered Fortress band.  What material is he playing?

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Well the 12 Step Suite is the core of the show , then some additional DT "classics"

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Sounds like it would be a good show. But yeah, not $300 good.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Hmm - Portnoy is touring Oz with his Shattered Fortress thingy - playing pub bandrooms and small theatres.  I really don't have a good feel for how he'll go - could probably fill up those venues with diehard drummers and DT fans I suppose.   It seems it's an extra $250 for a meet/greet .  Doubt I'll be going as the 12-step thing doesn't contain much that I'm dying to hear.   If I was going to go it would be to meet MP , even though he can be a douche , but not for $300+

It's a no go for me.  Even the concert I don't have much interest in.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
through the Bad Habit track now.  I really like that album.  The vocalist has a James Christian vibe to him.

I really really liked this track, and Brent you're right to talk up the guitarist, great solo.

I see Jaime Salazar is on the drums, great stuff.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
    If I was going to go it would be to meet MP , even though he can be a douche , but not for $300+

As long as you don't have your Adrenaline Mob shirt on, you should be ok.

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
I have friends going to see TSF in NYC. I have no interest, personally. I am not fond of the songs in the suite, with the exception of The Glass Prison (which I saw live a bunch of times with DT). I am sure the performances will be good, and I watched the video of them doing it on the cruise, but for me, it's not really worth the time and expense to see it.

I AM STILL WAITING FOR HELLOWEEN TO ANNOUNCE U.S. DATES!!!!! Just sayin'...
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
listened through the Black Roses now.  Wow that Biloxi track was really great.  I actually just listened to their Right The Music album a couple of weeks ago and it was also strong.

I thought both Bad Moon Rising tracks were really good as well.
Winger would be better!

. . . and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
    If I was going to go it would be to meet MP , even though he can be a douche , but not for $300+

As long as you don't have your Adrenaline Mob shirt on, you should be ok.

Rocking up in an ADTOE shirt and recording it on my phone could be worth it :neverusethis:

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I thought both Bad Moon Rising tracks were really good as well.

Agreed.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Autograph?

Oh, and who is the singer on the Aviator track? Has a familiar sounding voice.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Ernie White .

Ernie doesn't seem to have been in much else of note.

Bert might know.

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Well, Ernie White has a pretty good voice.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Those tracks from Black Roses I think it was, with Mark Free were awesome.  Fuck he had an amazing voice back in the day.  That soundtrack I've never heard of, but sounds interesting.

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
Anyone who likes 70s-inspired hard rock should check out Inglorious, the band that features Nathan James (TSO, The Voice UK) on vocals. First album was great, but the new one, II, is pretty awesome. I think it came out on Friday. I ordered the special edition which drops June 2, but I have had an advance for a week now. Just great stuff. If you've never heard of Nathan James, think a better version of David Coverdale, with range like Glenn Hughes. Jaw-dropping.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Those tracks from Black Roses I think it was, with Mark Free were awesome.  Fuck he had an amazing voice back in the day.  That soundtrack I've never heard of, but sounds interesting.

Cheesy but good heavy metal horror movie. Soundtrack was even better and the Black Roses songs are great. Paradise (we're on our way) was my favorite

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni

Cheesy but good heavy metal horror movie. Soundtrack was even better and the Black Roses songs are great. Paradise (we're on our way) was my favorite

I played that and Soldiers Of The Night.  :metal

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
There were a few 80s horror movies with a heavy metal theme. Black Roses and Trick or Treat were probably the most "successful", but some others were Rocktober Blood, Terror on Tour, Shock Em Dead and the classic of all classics, Rock N Roll Nightmare starring Canadian rock legend Thor.

If you haven't seen any of those movies, don't bother lol. Good for a laugh especially RNRN

Offline ozzy554

I should give Trick or Treat another watch. Haven't seen that one in years.

« Last Edit: May 08, 2017, 01:02:48 PM by ozzy554 »
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Ozzy and Gene make cameos in Trick or Treat

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

I didn't remember that. I saw it in the movies when it came out and have never seen it since.

Offline Lowdz

Anyone who likes 70s-inspired hard rock should check out Inglorious, the band that features Nathan James (TSO, The Voice UK) on vocals. First album was great, but the new one, II, is pretty awesome. I think it came out on Friday. I ordered the special edition which drops June 2, but I have had an advance for a week now. Just great stuff. If you've never heard of Nathan James, think a better version of David Coverdale, with range like Glenn Hughes. Jaw-dropping.

Yeah, sounds like an improvement on the debut as that one didn't do a lot for me other than a couple of tracks.
Nathan is like Glenn Hughes without the annoying factor.  :rollin

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni

I didn't remember that. I saw it in the movies when it came out and have never seen it since.

Gene played a DJ and Ozzy played a pastor. Just your daily useles info

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Wasn't the main guy on Solid Gold?

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
I don't know if he was on Solid Gold, but the main guy is Skippy from Growing Pains.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I don't even remember who that is.