Author Topic: The Official Hard Rock / Classic Metal Music Discussion and Memorabilia Thread!  (Read 909941 times)

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Never heard of Gravestone either. I checked it out and I liked it too!

Offline Lowdz

Never heard of Gravestone either. I checked it out and I liked it too!

Me too. Didn't mind the singer either. He fit the music. Enjoyed it.

Offline Lepprador

Holy crap Leprador, I'm checking this out now. Really cool!

If I may, are you old enough to have been listening to this in 1985, and what part of the world are you located?

I'm an old fart like, I guess, the most participants of this thread (I was 15 in 1985).
Born and living in the land of teutonic terror. Started out with Bon Jovi, Europe and Def Leppard before Dio pulled me in the world of Heavy Metal.

Back To Attack was the 2nd album from Gravestone. The first (Victim Of Chains)...nah...just too basic. The 3rd and final one (Creating A Monster) is alright, but not as cool as Back To Attack.
After the 3rd one they disbanded and Dieth joined UDO. From the rest of the band I've never heard again.

Just checked my song ratings on that Gravestone and it seems I thought the first half was killer , the second half mostly filler.    Very solid album overall .

Someday...I'll be coming up with an album you've never heard of.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 03:11:24 AM by Lepprador »

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Will definitely have to check out that Gravestone then.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Seems like a fun DVD from Schenker - if the vocals are up to scratch , should be a good one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdZQ0m5jO_Y
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Lowdz

Seems like a fun DVD from Schenker - if the vocals are up to scratch , should be a good one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdZQ0m5jO_Y

Yeah, should be good. Enjoyed MSG when I saw them 3 years or so ago.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
At first I was thinking, Another Schenker Live album?? The last one was terrible.

But this looks awesome. I am so totally getting this.

Who's the chick in white at 1:31? :omg:  Isn't that Bonnet's bass player?

Oh, and Robin McCauley  :lol
Holy hair dye, Batman. A little dark on the eyebrows dontchathink?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Lowdz

Anyone tried the Bonnet album from last year? I liked it.
He's doing well for a guy in his 70s.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Anyone tried the Bonnet album from last year? I liked it.
He's doing well for a guy in his 70s.

Yeah - one of the surprises of 2016 and will make my Top 40 quite comfortably.
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Haven't even heard a note.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Lowdz

McAulay is in great voice in that clip, dodgy eyebrows or not. At least he hadn't got the purple rinse that I'm Peterik is sporting  :eek

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
McAulay is in great voice in that clip, 

I noticed that. That actually got me very excited for this.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
That MSG dvd is a Tim dream come true.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
It's great to see Michael so active. But honestly, he's repackaged a lot of these songs on a number of live albums. Still this looks really cool.
I'd be skeptical, but his last two studio albums (with Doogie White) have been his strongest in many many years.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
In advance of the new Accept live album this Friday, my Dirkschneider-Live Back To The Roots arrived today.

This is a MUST for anyone that likes Accept. I have no idea what my hesitation was. His band is fantastic and great deep tracks, especially a fantastic version of Midnight Highway.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Interesting.  I was on the fence for that one.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Interesting.  I was on the fence for that one.

Umm...

It would be cool to buy it along with the new live Accept.  Double Accept!!  :metal

... and

TimJason.............you must go to amazon and get that EP remaster live album.  The live songs on that remaster are awesome!

Listen to yourself!  ;D

I think you know what you must do.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
The only thing that made me on the fence is when you mentioned the sound was Accept-lite

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I'm pleasantly surprised. I'm a huge Wolf Hoffman fan, but Udo's band has done a great job. One listen on Spotify was not enough. I highly recommend this.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Great OLD footage of Accept. Breaker era.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xt1k6I0aptM

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
UDO's current band are indeed a fantastic group of musicians.

Offline Lowdz

They seemed like it when I listened on Spotify. They certainly weren't the weak point  :biggrin:

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni

They seemed like it when I listened on Spotify. They certainly weren't the weak point  :biggrin:

I can't figure out what Paul would consider to be the weak point lol

Offline Lowdz

Just seen Armored Saint are playing in Manchester (50 miles away) in march. No brainier.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Just seen Armored Saint are playing in Manchester (50 miles away) in march. No brainier.

Nice!  Hopefully they play more than 8 songs.

Offline Lowdz

Nice!  Hopefully they play more than 8 songs.

:biggrin:

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
New KXM song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvTnzne69Ts

I thought their debut was way overrated but this sounds a bit more accessible /catchy to me.  Still a bit "out there" but has me a bit more interested than before.

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I didn't really like the first album at all, but that song was better.  Pretty unimaginative chorus but great vibe and killer solo from George.

Offline Lowdz

Never liked Pinnick's voice so wasn't a fan of the first one. Wasn't there two different versions of it?
Lynch used to be a hero of mine until he did the grungy thing in the 90s.
I wanted his BFTA tone.

Offline Lowdz

Just listened to the KXM. Good god that was fucking awful.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
That KXM wasn't my thing at all

Offline Lowdz

https://youtu.be/n9zw-HLO_to

New Night Ranger. Decent enough. Sounds like Night Ranger.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
https://youtu.be/n9zw-HLO_to

New Night Ranger. Decent enough. Sounds like Night Ranger.

All we need now is new Winger and new Autograph and Tim's year will be complete.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 05:04:19 PM by bl5150 »

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
 :lol

Don't worry Tim - there's better days comin  :metal

www.theguitardojo.com.au