Author Topic: The Official Hard Rock / Classic Metal Music Discussion and Memorabilia Thread!  (Read 909942 times)

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
It's never too late Brent.  ;D
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
It's never too late Brent.  ;D

If death and leprosy don't make an impression on you , then it probably is .  :D
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
join usssssssssssssssss

Winger would be better!

. . . and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
MMMWWAAAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
That's a very attractive offer Hath but I think I'll manage  ;)
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
That's a very attractive offer Hath but I think I'll manage  ;)

haha, so polite.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
It's 12.30 am here ( I'm just firing up :lol ) but if am having trouble sleeping...................the new Bon Jovi will fix it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LrY3MuOHhc

Sounds like fucking Chris Isaak........and that's insulting Mr Isaak.

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline cfmoran13

That MOR tour was a big financial failure if I remember correctly.
Yes, it was.  In fact, I had a ticket to the cancelled Giants Stadium 2nd show.   >:(

Offline cfmoran13

1988..1/2..Ace Frehley..The Living Room Providence
How was that Frehley's Comet show?  That would've been between the 1st and 2nd albums.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
It's 12.30 am here ( I'm just firing up :lol ) but if am having trouble sleeping...................the new Bon Jovi will fix it.

What the fuck is this shit? :lol It's not even good/rockin' enough to make the grade for the goo-gobbler thread.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Higher than a rocket on the 4th of July.

Um......
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Bertielee

• RIP, Dad (1935-2017)

Blocked in my country! WTF?!? I wanted a good laugh on a Friday night... :'( :biggrin:

B.Lee
"Life is divided into two sets of people : people who have lost and people who haven't yet." George Michael

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
It was blocked for me too.  I think I can survive without hearing the new Bon Jovi.  Brent's one sentence review is enough for me.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
How was that Frehley's Comet show?  That would've been between the 1st and 2nd albums.
It was awesome. I was hoping for Anton Fig on drums, being that it was a tiny club, but it was Oldaaker (sp?).
I loved Ace, and he came around quite a bit in the late 80's/early 90's. Saw him whenever I could.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
   I think I can survive without hearing the new Bon Jovi.  Brent's one sentence review is enough for me.
Yup. I think I'd rather listen to this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TA3mStfIdMI
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
It was awesome. I was hoping for Anton Fig on drums, being that it was a tiny club, but it was Oldaaker (sp?).
I loved Ace, and he came around quite a bit in the late 80's/early 90's. Saw him whenever I could.

I'm with you. Sometimes you had killer nights and others for obvious reasons.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Fucking gold!!  And then I listened to the intro, even ripping off Isaak.  :rollin

Somehow I made 2 minutes of that.

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
just stumbled across this (semi) local band recently called Eternal Champion.  They have a couple of releases so they may be known by a few here.

Anyway they just released a new album that is pretty good (if a bit short) to these ears after one listen.  Vocals/vocal production takes some getting used to, but the riffage is great.  The first two songs I thought were really strong.  Take a listen to see what you think.

https://eternalchampion.bandcamp.com/
Winger would be better!

. . . and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
just stumbled across this (semi) local band recently called Eternal Champion.  They have a couple of releases so they may be known by a few here.

Anyway they just released a new album that is pretty good (if a bit short) to these ears after one listen.  Vocals/vocal production takes some getting used to, but the riffage is great.  The first two songs I thought were really strong.  Take a listen to see what you think.

https://eternalchampion.bandcamp.com/

I had to check my browsing history (I check out so many damn bands) and I did check them out last week.    Looks like I decided not to follow up much more but they do have their own sound (half the battle) with that atmospheric vocal and some decent songs.  Might revisit seeing as you've checked out in more detail than I likely did.

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Speaking of Bon Jovi - looks like a wise decision not to bother with Sambora in Melbourne last night

https://www.noise11.com/news/richie-sambora-fans-tear-him-a-new-arse-hole-after-embarrassing-show-20160928

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth
Sad to see him go down like this.

He was what early Bon Jovi kept interesting and I really like his first two solo records. Some tasty guitar playing on there.
Must've been Kwyji sending all the wrong songs.   ;D

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
While listening to Lords Of Black this morning, I was thinking that I hope a new live Rainbow album would make it in time for Christmas. Must've had a premonition!

https://bravewords.com/news/ritchie-blackmore-s-rainbow-to-release-memories-in-rock-live-in-germany-on-multiple-formats-in-november-deluxe-3-lp-editions-in-december

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
Does this really need a cover?!  :lol

“Jungle Love” (with Steve Morse)
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Speaking of Bon Jovi - looks like a wise decision not to bother with Sambora in Melbourne last night

https://www.noise11.com/news/richie-sambora-fans-tear-him-a-new-arse-hole-after-embarrassing-show-20160928

Wait, you were actually thinking about going?

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni

Not really...........a decision to do nothing is still a decision  ;D   Maybe if Orianthi went au naturel

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Not really...........a decision to do nothing is still a decision  ;D   Maybe if Orianthi went au naturel

haha.  I don't think I've ever heard her play.  Is she actually any good?

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Decent player for a chick  ;) - she was lined up for Michael Jackson's final tour so she's no mug.  Not a shredder in the league of say Nita Strauss though.  In fact Nita is a bit better all round :)

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Decent player for a chick  ;) - she was lined up for Michael Jackson's final tour so she's no mug.  Not a shredder in the league of say Nita Strauss though.

:heart :heart :heart

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Saw Orianthi in Alice Cooper's band.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
New Almah available on youtube;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giCJL_DmUCE

4 songs in and it's pretty standard for them.  The 4th song was really nice and the 5th is shaping up nicely too.  I like what these guys do.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Saw Orianthi in Alice Cooper's band.

And now Nita is in.............................Alice Cooper's band  :D

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
New Almah available on youtube;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giCJL_DmUCE

4 songs in and it's pretty standard for them.  The 4th song was really nice and the 5th is shaping up nicely too.  I like what these guys do.

I got to Track 6 of the Almah and bailed.   Some solid stuff but something about it just didn't work for me - his vocals seemed a bit off in parts too.  And I do like some of their stuff - gave you some good marks for them in my roulette.

www.theguitardojo.com.au