Author Topic: The Official Hard Rock / Classic Metal Music Discussion and Memorabilia Thread!  (Read 909660 times)

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
I am pretty much rouletted out.

Is it ok if I move back into this thread full time Brent lol

Offline Lowdz

Nice. Need to sort out the downloading issue as I missed the last one.
These roulettes have shown there is a load of great stuff out there I've never heard a sniff of.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
I am pretty much rouletted out.

Is it ok if I move back into this thread full time Brent lol

Sure - I am doing the same. :hifive:  With jingle, Evermind, Bolsters, JJ, wolfking -and the Winger Roulette a while back-  I have covered the roulettes I really wanted to play (I might come out of retirement for Paul  ;D ) and most of the best tracks would've made the podcasts anyway , so that's how I will "roulette" from here and it's up to you if you want to "host" me :)   

I literally have thousands of either:

1) albums I have purchased and not properly listened to , or
2) albums that I know I want but haven't got onto yet

so there is plenty of new material to sort through , something I have put on hold for "roulette listening" the last few months.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 02:16:01 AM by bl5150 »
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I'm with you Brent, plenty of stuff to go back and keep me occupied and obviously a shit ton of new stuff coming in weekly with the roulette.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Surely this can't be as shit as his last one;

June 1;

01. World On Fire
02. Sorcery
03. Abandon
04. Top Down, Foot Down
05. Lost In The Machine
06. Largo - EBM
07. No Rest For The Wicked
08. Soldier
09. Duf 1220
10. Abandon (Slight Return)
11. Nacht Musik

* Yngwie J. Malmsteen - Lead Guitar, Lead Vocals, Backing Vocals, Acoustic Guitar, Bass, Keyboards, Cello, Sitar
* Nick Marinovic - Additional Keyboards
* Mark Ellis - Drums

Malmsteen on vox again, Top Down, Foot Down?!? WTF?  :facepalm:

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Nice. Need to sort out the downloading issue as I missed the last one.
These roulettes have shown there is a load of great stuff out there I've never heard a sniff of.

Hopefully it's also taught you that you need to sign up for one.  Your the last of the cool kids not to do one.  We got Tim to break, then Jay.  We will break you.

You know you want to do it, as much as we want to do it to you.  :eyebrows:
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Has Yngwie pissed off that many people that he can't get another lead singer?

Offline Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth

More like the ego-train, it's his music so no one can sing it better than him. Album's probably produced by him also and it wouldn't surprise me if he's learning drums so that he doesn't have to rely on other people in the future.
Must've been Kwyji sending all the wrong songs.   ;D

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
You know, I don't mind buying CDs if they're cheap - I've bought latest Axel because it was like $3 in the record store - but the only scenario I can see me getting this new Yngwie album is if they'll be handing it out for free.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

Nope... he ate them all.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone

Nope... he ate them all.

Someone should just say yes already to save us from Yngwie singing himself. Gods, that's horrible.

Offline Lowdz

More like the ego-train, it's his music so no one can sing it better than him. Album's probably produced by him also and it wouldn't surprise me if he's learning drums so that he doesn't have to rely on other people in the future.

He does already play drums apparently. Probably too energetic for him. There was a time I'd be all over a new Yngwie album. Not for the last 20 years though. I do not need to hear him sing ever again. He can't sing.

And as to the roulette thing, we'll see. Not in the best of moods to think about it - my football team have just thrown away the Europa League final after leading at half time. Going to play some non melodic rock  :censored

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckZtT_2DEfk

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
And as to the roulette thing, we'll see. Not in the best of moods to think about it

Offline Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth
Alright, apparently Yngwie can play drums, makes me even wonder more why he still employs another drummer. I was never that wild about him but there was a time when his output was good. I even saw him in concert mid 90s and that gig was shit, shit, shit and shit. Since then nothing he has done could convince me and it's getting worse with each release.

Not in the best of moods to think about it - my football team have just thrown away the Europa League final after leading at half time. Going to play some non melodic rock  :censored

I feel for you, that was really bad. How could they not win this thing after dominating the first half? I rooted for Liverpool (mainly because of Klopp) but to no avail, sadly.
Must've been Kwyji sending all the wrong songs.   ;D

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
IMO, it's only the last Yngwie album that was really really bad.  The Ripper stuff was decent, well the first one was excellent, the second one, wasn't as good, but decent.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
The last Malmsteen album that I played regularly was The Seventh Sign .  I have been meaning to check out the more recent ones but (like KISS) , for some reason I just can't be bothered , despite being a huge fan of earlier material  ::)

Anyway.............finally it's done.   Three hours + of aural stimulation awaits.........

https://mega.nz/#!uY800aIC!wauNkzX-lRcHE-5XqbeYmPMpHdA_1SKPZwe8Gos2pvs

It's a bit disjointed seeing as it was recorded in bits over a long period and I have flown through the editing with the priority on pace in the last 24 hrs .  I'd forgotten that I had attempted some lame, tongue-in-cheek  humour(for Tim's benefit)  in the intro with an "interview" :lol    Ben didn't get much of a go in this one either (too busy in the production chair bringing this together ) but he did record a little message for you at the end.

Hope you guys get something out of it - it's the usual mix of classic/rarities + hard rock/metal.  Any questions re bands ,just ask here.  :metal
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Downloading now; listening tonight/tomorrow.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
If it's lame humor, it's only fitting it's for Tim.

:neverusethis:

I have a long car ride tomorrow so this is perfectly timed! Thanks Brent!!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Lowdz

The last Malmsteen album that I played regularly was The Seventh Sign .  I have been meaning to check out the more recent ones but (like KISS) , for some reason I just can't be bothered , despite being a huge fan of earlier material  ::)

Anyway.............finally it's done.   Three hours + of aural stimulation awaits.........

https://mega.nz/#!uY800aIC!wauNkzX-lRcHE-5XqbeYmPMpHdA_1SKPZwe8Gos2pvs

It's a bit disjointed seeing as it was recorded in bits over a long period and I have flown through the editing with the priority on pace in the last 24 hrs .  I'd forgotten that I had attempted some lame, tongue-in-cheek  humour(for Tim's benefit)  in the intro with an "interview" :lol    Ben didn't get much of a go in this one either (too busy in the production chair bringing this together ) but he did record a little message for you at the end.

Hope you guys get something out of it - it's the usual mix of classic/rarities + hard rock/metal.  Any questions re bands ,just ask here.  :metal

Facing The Animal was excellent. Everything since (Concerto Suite aside) has been various degrees of shit. Though Kade disagrees  :biggrin:

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I can hear the drop in quality after those particular albums, I've just always been a big fan so have eaten up everything he does.  The last one though, even me, I couldn't defend it.  My favourite is alctually Alchemy.  Fucking heavy and Boals is a beast on it.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
I really think Yngwie topped out with Rising Force and Marching Out. Those two are just spectacular and maybe the bar was set too high. I haven't heard anything that has matched those two

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Downloaded the podcast but will have to wait a few weeks unfortunately.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I really think Yngwie topped out with Rising Force and Marching Out. 
Wow!
 :lol

would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Awesome start to the Podcast Brent!
Uncle Ted  :lol
 :metal

Double Live Gonzo goes way too unnoticed when we all list best live albums. Good call! :tup

Just getting started..

Oh, and I love the idea of a 1988 show.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Can you imagine a Manowar writing session..

Let's see, we need a 1st verse..
"Oh I know, let's list all of our albums"
Great!

What about the 2nd verse..
"Oh how about if we list all of the countries in Europe?"
Excellent idea!  :tup

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
That Angel In Black song sucked! :lol

Great calls on Priest, WASP, and Twisted Sister. You Can't Stop Rock n Roll is an absolutely amazing album.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I really think Yngwie topped out with Rising Force and Marching Out. 
Wow!
 :lol

Jason doesn't bullshit around!

Offline Lowdz

I can hear the drop in quality after those particular albums, I've just always been a big fan so have eaten up everything he does.  The last one though, even me, I couldn't defend it.  My favourite is alctually Alchemy.  Fucking heavy and Boals is a beast on it.

First big letdown album for me. A couple of decent tracks but every single song started with a slur down the low strings.
And there was no bigger Yngwie fan than me back in the day, from that Alcatrazz album. He just lost it and became a cliche of himself.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
New Flotsam & Jetsam today!! :metal

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
New Flotsam & Jetsam today!! :metal

I should check these guys out further.  That new tune they released a couple months back was terrific.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Never heard anything from them.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Never heard anything from them.

Not yet! ;D

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
That Angel In Black song sucked! :lol

Great calls on Priest, WASP, and Twisted Sister. You Can't Stop Rock n Roll is an absolutely amazing album.

Thanks for the feedback - even the suckage :lol

Look forward to hearing more feedback on what , to be honest , was a pretty rushed effort in the end and perhaps not the best show so far.

I got on a roll the other night and aside from Ben's input and my voice overs , another big show is already in the can.  Easily the heaviest so far and less hair metal , so that will please some - but never fear the hair metal will be back :)

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
Winger would be better!

. . . and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.