Author Topic: The Official Hard Rock / Classic Metal Music Discussion and Memorabilia Thread!  (Read 909766 times)

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
Big 24 hrs for new releases .....amongst others Treat, Dynazty, The Defiants, Ace Frehley, Thunderstone.   I'll hopefully get a chance to check out most of them over the weekend.

Might check out the Defiants, can't remember if/what I've heard from Treat, lol Ace Frehley, and haven't heard of the other two. Be sure to give us the DTF review.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
Big 24 hrs for new releases .....amongst others Treat, Dynazty, The Defiants, Ace Frehley, Thunderstone.   I'll hopefully get a chance to check out most of them over the weekend.
Dynazty and Thunderstone are up on Spotify already, haven't checked the others.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
For those who like Doogie White there is also a new album out by La Paz.
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Listening to Thunderstone / Apocalypse Again right now.  It's off to a good start.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Looking forward to The Defiants, and the new Dynazty song has grown on me even though it's nothing new.  Looking forward to it.  Will check the Treat and Thunderstone too.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
I've given the new Thunderstone a few spins now. It's not bad, but I can't see myself ever rating it higher than Burning/Tools/Evolution. Good to have them back though.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator

Looking forward to The Defiants, and the new Dynazty song has grown on me even though it's nothing new.  Looking forward to it.  Will check the Treat and Thunderstone too.

That pretty much sums up the album.  You could play this or Renatus for me, and I wouldn't know which is which.  Enjoyable stuff none-the-less.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Lowdz

Half way through the zdynazty and its ok. First couple of tracks I didn't rate but it picked up from there. Those dance music-y keyboards don't do it for me and I prefer when they are more melodic than heavy.

New Ace Frehley was ok. For a covers album.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

That pretty much sums up the album.  You could play this or Renatus for me, and I wouldn't know which is which.  Enjoyable stuff none-the-less.

Figured that.  Still can't believe how they blatantly copied that new track out of some of the tracks on Retanus, unreal.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Gonna go out today and finally pick up that new Anthrax that I have been meaning to do now I have some more time.  I've also seen I'm pretty sure a double of We've Come For You All and Greater of Two Evils for like $20 last time I went to JB.  I had a bit of a listen to We've Come For You All and can see why Tim doesn't really dig it, it's okay, but listening to Greater of Two Evils, it's fucking killer.  Gonna pick it up too just for that I think.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
You must pick up Greater of Two Evils. You must

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Yeah man, and if I get We've Come For You in the same package it's a win win.  :metal

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
I can't remember if you mentioned this before or not, but did you pick up Spreading the Disease? If not, that should override any other Anthrax purchase IMO

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Yes it's awesome.

Gonna go out today and finally pick up that new Anthrax that I have been meaning to do now I have some more time.  I've also seen I'm pretty sure a double of We've Come For You All and Greater of Two Evils for like $20 last time I went to JB.  I had a bit of a listen to We've Come For You All and can see why Tim doesn't really dig it, it's okay, but listening to Greater of Two Evils, it's fucking killer.  Gonna pick it up too just for that I think.
Lots of cool people love WCFYA. I just find it one dimensional. Plus we waited so long for it.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Speaking of Anthrax, I had a great listen to the new one driving down here. What an awesome album.  Faves are Monster In The End and Breathing Lightning.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Yeah Breathing Lightning is my favorite by far!

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth
I can't remember if you mentioned this before or not, but did you pick up Spreading the Disease? If not, that should override any other Anthrax purchase IMO

I approve of this.  :metal Essential Anthrax record.
Must've been Kwyji sending all the wrong songs.   ;D

Offline Lowdz

Yeah Breathing Lightning is my favorite by far!

I thought they were covering Bon Jovi when I heard the intro...

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Nothing official yet but I'm told Queensryche will be touring Oz in October :yeahbaby:

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Nothing official yet but I'm told Queensryche will be touring Oz in October :yeahbaby:

Hoping for a full Canadian tour finally as well. 

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Brisbane better be on the fucking schedule.

Yeah, I'm loving this new Anthrax, good to have the cd and put it in the car.  :metal

Offline ozzy554

Do you read Sutter Cane?

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
This is a surprise.  They split on such bitter terms it seems, let's see how long it lasts for.  They were a solid outfit though.

Offline Lowdz

This is a surprise.  They split on such bitter terms it seems, let's see how long it lasts for.  They were a solid outfit though.

I'm quite happy with Bonamassa's solo stuf to be bothered tbh. And I can't stand Glenn Hughes' voice. Or Glenn Hughes come to think of it.

Online Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth
Found their debut underwhelming. Wasn't bad, but didn't live up to expectations either.

I'm also not that fond of Glenn Hughes. Everybody tells me how great he is. But everytime I listen to his stuff, I find it mediocre and his voice can be annoying too. Burn is the only great track with him that I know.
Must've been Kwyji sending all the wrong songs.   ;D

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
BCC  is more like blah blah blah.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
BCC  is more like blah blah blah.

heel Tim is back!

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Hell yes!! :metal :lol

Vacation listening recap coming Monday.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
My holiday listening:

-wolfking roulette playlist
-jjrock roulette playlist
-Bolsters roulette playlist 

pretty awful music actually  :lol

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline gazinwales

BBC, not a fan of the studio albums, but the Live In Europe DVD is great.
Glenn is also a very underrated bass player, very solid live.
Joe is awesome, and I am not usually a fan of the blues or blues guitarists, but he really
touches me, even saw him sweep picking in a song.
Joe's voice is great too and works well with Glenn's.
It will be interesting to hear what they come up with on the next album.

Offline Lowdz

BBC, not a fan of the studio albums, but the Live In Europe DVD is great.
Glenn is also a very underrated bass player, very solid live.
Joe is awesome, and I am not usually a fan of the blues or blues guitarists, but he really
touches me, even saw him sweep picking in a song.
Joe's voice is great too and works well with Glenn's.
It will be interesting to hear what they come up with on the next album.

He has a live album where he covers Yes' Starship Trooper and Wurm :omg: not your typical blues fare   :)

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/accepts-wolf-hoffmann-to-release-headbangers-symphony-solo-album-in-july/

Could be interesting.  Didn't kow he already had one classical style stolo album.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/accepts-wolf-hoffmann-to-release-headbangers-symphony-solo-album-in-july/

Could be interesting.  Didn't kow he already had one classical style stolo album.

Not sure what to make of that.  Like you said, could be interesting.

Offline Lowdz

I have that somewhere. Not as great as I expected.