Author Topic: The Official Hard Rock / Classic Metal Music Discussion and Memorabilia Thread!  (Read 909781 times)

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Check out this fucking tragic Blaze Bayley clip boys to brighten up your day;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCXpqkK8i1Y&feature=youtu.be

The song is actually quite solid and has a nice VX1 feel to it IMO, but the video is just pure gold!  Haven't checked it out yet but I might have too, some good melodies.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
The song is okay I suppose but that video  :lol  - produced by Nigel Tufnel  ;D
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth
Haven't seen pictures or videos of him since he left Maiden, so when did he turn into a U.D.O. lookalike? What happened to the relatively handsome young man, was he cursed by an evil witch?
Must've been Kwyji sending all the wrong songs.   ;D

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Haven't seen pictures or videos of him since he left Maiden, so when did he turn into a U.D.O. lookalike? What happened to the relatively handsome young man, was he cursed by an evil witch?

The curse of Father Time.  And a pretty rough trot over the years too.

The song is okay I suppose but that video  :lol  - produced by Nigel Tufnel  ;D

:lol

I think it's quite a well done song.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
what do you figure the budget was for that bad boy?

Offline Lowdz

That voice is still bland and monotonous.

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
If I remember correctly, I didn't rate any songs as must listens on that album when I went through it recently.  Of course that was one listen only.
Winger would be better!

. . . and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
It definitely doesn't sound like he'll ever get back to the quality of Silicon Messiah or Tenth Dimension.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
It definitely doesn't sound like he'll ever get back to the quality of Silicon Messiah or Tenth Dimension.

those are classics!

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

those are classics!

Indeed they are.  Amazing albums.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
My favorite is Promise And Terror. The 4 song suite at the end about his wife's death is chilling.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
New Flots!

https://bravewords.com/news/flotsam-and-jetsam-new-album-formats-detailed

Their last album was OK and the one before not so much, but I am looking forward to this one. I have a feeling it is going to be pretty good.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
My favorite is Promise And Terror. The 4 song suite at the end about his wife's death is chilling.

That's a dark and underrated album from him, really good.  The Man Who Would Not Die is brutal too, love that one.

New Flots!

https://bravewords.com/news/flotsam-and-jetsam-new-album-formats-detailed

Their last album was OK and the one before not so much, but I am looking forward to this one. I have a feeling it is going to be pretty good.

Don't know much from them at all.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Good. Let's keep it that way! ;)

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Good. Let's keep it that way! ;)

No arguments here.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Actually, they were one of my favorite bands back in the day. They were on that second level, but their first 6 albums are all excellent.
On my Roulette list for you. We'll see how it goes.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Look forward to it mate.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
I don't know a lot about F&J either. They sound like they are a cool band

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
I have tried with Flotsam & Jetsam but aside from a song here and there I was never able to really connect with their style.
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth
One of the (sadly) many bands I know by name but not by songs.
Must've been Kwyji sending all the wrong songs.   ;D

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
I imagine a lot of people (myself included) would never have checked them out if not for the Metallica connection

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I imagine a lot of people (myself included) would never have checked them out if not for the Metallica connection

They were a band I always meant to check out due to that, but still never did.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Jason only played on that first album. I college roommate actually had their first album, so that's where I heard of them. We saw them on the Doomsday tour, but they had a fill-in bassist. I forget the guy's name.

But then Troy Gregory joined and they recorded No Place For Disgrace and When The Storm Comes Down, two of my all time favorite metal albums, and I'll take both over anything that Slayer, Megadeth, or Anthrax has done.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
I have tried with Flotsam & Jetsam but aside from a song here and there I was never able to really connect with their style.

:iagree:
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Interesting reading the diverse reaction to this Babymetal mob who seem to be getting bigger and bigger worldwide - on Colbert now.

Opinions range from brilliant to absolute turd sandwich.  I am tending toward the latter  :lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZApf9c8Tes

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
A couple of other news tidbits of interest to some around here:

- Schenker has a live Temple of Rock DVD on the way

- Stream of Passion have called it a day

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
- Schenker has a live Temple of Rock DVD on the way

:metal

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
Interesting reading the diverse reaction to this Babymetal mob who seem to be getting bigger and bigger worldwide - on Colbert now.

Opinions range from brilliant to absolute turd sandwich.  I am tending toward the latter  :lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZApf9c8Tes

I've heard this one before (surprised I remembered it from only one listen). It's so strange, like they took pop, death metal, and every Japanese horror movie and stuck it in a blender. There are bits I liked, but not really something I'd listen to. :lol
Still, if this is any indication, I'll take Japan's manufactured music over America's manufactured music.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
I'll second Brent's turd

Offline Lowdz

Back in the day I assumed they were a thrash band and I wouldn't like it so never bothered to check them out. Last year I youtubed them as they came up in the suggestions. Nah, didn't do anything for me.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
That link is the first thing I've ever heard of Baby Metal.  Turned it off after a minute, just novelty crap IMO.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Here ya go Tim - new Flotsam & Jetsam song called.................................................

Iron Maiden  :rollin

https://youtu.be/fQ77YEzem_I

I actually like that better than most of their stuff....although that's not hard to achieve. :)

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
This is the only Flotsam and Jetsam song I've ever heard, and it doesn't leave a great impression. A song called Iron Maiden with some wannabe Bruce Dickinson vocals. :biggrin:
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Wow , just listened through my phone at lunch and it's awesome! :metal

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
This song is much better than i expected.........ass kicker!!