Author Topic: The Official Hard Rock / Classic Metal Music Discussion and Memorabilia Thread!  (Read 909676 times)

Offline gazinwales

Yeah it is killer and I had previously read it was a terrible song.

BTW got a rare Sabbath CD Single today, paid $60 off ebay, but I'd never seen this anywhere.
Headless Cross/Edit/Cloak and Dagger, C&D only ever released on the vinyl pic disc of HC and the single.
Actually in better condition than the seller described it to be, very happy  ;D

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Yeah it is killer and I had previously read it was a terrible song.

BTW got a rare Sabbath CD Single today, paid $60 off ebay, but I'd never seen this anywhere.
Headless Cross/Edit/Cloak and Dagger, C&D only ever released on the vinyl pic disc of HC and the single.
Actually in better condition than the seller described it to be, very happy  ;D

Whoever said that needs their head checked.

That single sounds juicy.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
I was just listening to "Loser gets it all" yesterday. I have it on "Sabbath Stones"; this is a really cool Sabbath compilation from all the non Ozzy eras.

The song is fantastic!

Offline gazinwales

Yeah it's a great song for sure, should have been on the album in place of a few less than stella performances.
I am actually missing the Sabbath Stones compilation, don't know why I never bought it.
It's long OOP but I've seen a few on ebay for decent prices.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Yeah I can't remember what I paid for it but I know it wasn't cheap. But not off the charts expensive like some albums.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I think I have that compilation.  It's very good indeed.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Looks good.

Offline Lowdz

Shame the dvd doesn't have all the tracks that are on the cd. I'll pick this up though.

Offline ozzy554

« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 07:18:03 PM by ozzy554 »
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Lords of Black video;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VItybF6Skk4

What I've heard from this band is just so generic and dull.  It's a pass from me.

Calvin6s

Any word on how Tony MacAlpine is doing?

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Any word on how Tony MacAlpine is doing?

There's a video message on his Facebook page from a few weeks back

https://www.facebook.com/tonymacalpineofficial

We're just getting settled in , so not much time.  Also involved in a police/legal stoush with our removalists which is getting nasty and taking up a lot of my time and energy - still hoping to have something done with the podcast before end March.

Still some work to do but here is the early stages of my new dungeon/listening station with new speakers and sit/stand workstation

"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
Are those the Swan M50W speakers you have there?

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Are those the Swan M50W speakers you have there?

Good get.   Yeah - if you click to enlarge you can see the little blue light on the volume control disk on the workspace.  I think the sound qualities of the speakers suit the music I listen to quite well.  It took a bit of tweaking on the sound card software to get it all good , but very happy now.
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
Yeah I've been considering getting a new 2.1 set for my computer desk aswell, and these were on my radar. I've read some good things about them.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Nice little setup there Brent.

Can't view that TMac vid at at work.  Hopefully it's good news.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
TMAC seems in good spirits and looks really well.  Would have liked a bit of an update, but I guess he wants to keep thing private, which is fair enough.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Good to hear that Tony is in good spirits!

Offline Lowdz

Nice setup Brent.
I don't have anything to compare these days, not since my partner moving in and the kids being born killed my recording studio setup.

Just sold my Marshall practice amp as I've got a Peavey Vyper now. Money is going towards a new floyd rose for the Jem. I appear to have killed the edge pro  :(

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I appear to have killed the edge pro  :(

How?

Offline Lowdz

How?

Not sure. It moves around in the cavity and won't stay in tune whether I use the bar or not. It's going to the doctor for a looking at.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

How?

Not sure. It moves around in the cavity and won't stay in tune whether I use the bar or not. It's going to the doctor for a looking at.

Probably just wear and tear then.  I couple of mine are getting old I think and don't float back to normal position.  If you dip it it goes back in tune, but if you raise it it will go back and sit slightly up and will stay sharp.  You have to dip it again to get back to perfect tuning.  :lol  Never bothered to get them looked at.

Offline Lowdz

How?

Probably just wear and tear then.  I couple of mine are getting old I think and don't float back to normal position.  If you dip it it goes back in tune, but if you raise it it will go back and sit slightly up and will stay sharp.  You have to dip it again to get back to perfect tuning.  :lol  Never bothered to get them looked at.

Yeah that's what I thought. It kept pulling too far forward when I tuned to pitch and I just couldn't get the unit to sit parallel. Didn't want to move the screws too far as I couldn't see why it would suddenly need such a big adjustment.
Off to the shop tomorrow. If it needs a new floyd there goes the cash I had lined up for a digit each trio+.
Whoops I'm in the wrong thread!

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Rare comedy sketch from the 80's featuring (along with Dawn French) ...........Lemmy,Gary Moore, David Gilmour ,  Mark Knopfler .  I think they needed Yngwie to round it out perfectly :)

https://www.guitarworld.com/artists-artist-news-artist-videos/rare-comedy-sketch-stars-david-gilmour-lemmy-mark-knopfler-and

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
ha, good stuff!
Winger would be better!

. . . and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
Hahaha, this made me laugh quite a lot. :lol
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
"it doesn't have the little picture with the dots"
Winger would be better!

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
My favourite moment was either Gilmour keeping playing the guitar those few seconds paying no attention to the prosecutor guy or Mark King going with his solo again with this contented facial expression until they turned the page and then going all "wow, wtf is this?". :lol
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
haha, yeah, the guy was like "oops, wrong page" :lol
Winger would be better!

Offline Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth
Haha, just laughed out loud, this is indeed very funny and amazing that they got all these players.

... and now with the book  :metal
Must've been Kwyji sending all the wrong songs.   ;D

Offline ozzy554

Do you read Sutter Cane?

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Hey ozzy - sad news.     The opinion on the Blue Murder varies a bit around here.   I think it was half killer , half filler but I do love some tracks on it.  I would've also been interested to hear how it might have sounded with some of the singers that were supposed to have been demoing for it (Ray Gillen, Mark Free).

Screaming Blue Murder is a good live album too if you can find it.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 10:07:51 PM by bl5150 »

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Yup very good album