Author Topic: The Official Hard Rock / Classic Metal Music Discussion and Memorabilia Thread!  (Read 909637 times)

Offline Lowdz

I would be surprised if HMV has the new Primal Fear on Friday, let alone the deluxe edition.  If not there, then amazon for both.

HMV will have the new DT for sure though.

Picked up the primal fear deluxe in Blackpool hmv yesterday  :biggrin:, along with a steel panther's last one with a live in Oz dvd and the Rush R40 blu Ray.

Online ozzy554

Last in Line releases 2 songs in tribute for Jimmy Bain
https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/last-in-line-releases-two-new-songs-as-tribute-to-fallen-bassist-jimmy-bain/

I really liked starmaker and thought Blame It On Me was ok. I do hope that there is more uptempo songs like martyr on the disc though.
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Offline Lowdz

Last in Line releases 2 songs in tribute for Jimmy Bain
https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/last-in-line-releases-two-new-songs-as-tribute-to-fallen-bassist-jimmy-bain/

I really liked starmaker and thought Blame It On Me was ok. I do hope that there is more uptempo songs like martyr on the disc though.

Can't say I'm too excited so far. It's all been pretty bland. Decent enough but I expected better.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
I would be surprised if HMV has the new Primal Fear on Friday, let alone the deluxe edition.  If not there, then amazon for both.

Picked up the primal fear deluxe in Blackpool hmv yesterday  :biggrin:, along with a steel panther's last one with a live in Oz dvd and the Rush R40 blu Ray.

Paul, let us know what you think of Primal Fear when you get a chance

Offline Lowdz

Played it whilst washing up and cooking just through iPad speakers. Seemed excellent. Will blast it in the car tomorrow and get back to you

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Played it whilst washing up and cooking just through iPad speakers. Seemed excellent. Will blast it in the car tomorrow and get back to you

Primal Fear and good food is such a great combination.  :metal
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
Just having a listen to the new Resurrection Kings (Appice, Goldy, West, McNabb) disc and it's a good one.  Nothing beyond brilliant , nor anything particularly fresh, but unlike many other recent releases it manages to sound retro while also having a bit of thought/soul/originality behind it.   I expect stuff like Nordic Union to be rated higher by many reviewers but in my view this one is a ton better.

Goldy has never been a huge fave for me but here he sounds as good as he ever has and Chas West .............well Jake E Lee is nuts for letting him go.    He seriously reminds me of someone that I just can't place for now , but he puts in a great performance.

I'm only half way through but if things don't drop off dramatically I expect to rate it at least mid 80's.

Gave it a couple of listens yesterday, and it's pretty solid. I agree with you so far. I'm hoping I enjoy it more on more listens. I did find myself losing a bit of interest in the second half of the album (after Path of Love which is probably my current favourite), but I tend to get like that on the first listens of an album regardless. :lol

I'm pretty meh on both new Last in Line songs unfortunately. I like the style, the production, the vocals, but the songwriting is mostly falling flat for me. The riffs aren't memorable, and the vocal melodies aren't great. I'll still grab the album, but I don't think I'm going to enjoy it as much as I'd hoped.  :-\
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I'll check both projects but neither have really grabbed my interest that much to be honest.

Such a shame about Jimmy too.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni

Primal Fear and good food is such a great combination.  :metal

Listening to Primal Fear while eating a pastrami sandwich, having sex and watching Seinfeld. Now that's a great combo!

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
 :rollin  Hell yeah.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Great..........as long as you're the one.......never mind  ;D
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
With spicey mustard of course!

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
 :rollin

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Mango for the appetizer.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
I think it moved

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
BTW guys if anyone is itching to hear the new DT , it can be downloaded through  :censored as of now.

:censored

I got myself a digital copy and have begun listening.  Not sure that this is going to be the metal head's cup of tea (or have many stand out songs)  from what I have heard so far , but will comment more after I am done - which will be tomorrow.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 07:09:56 AM by bl5150 »
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
A bit surprising to see them release on Bandcamp, but okay.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

Gotta wonder if it's legit.  No matter, I'm listening.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member

Gotta wonder if it's legit.  No matter, I'm listening.
That crossed my mind too. I'm not really sure how Bandcamp vets submissions, but I've never seen anything on there that wasn't supposed to be before.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
^ Exactly what I was thinking.  Cosmetically, the page looks legit.

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
Turns out it's not legit. Some douchenozzle actually uploaded the album to Bandcamp to try and make a few bucks. ::)

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Hmm - oh well , at least my digital copy didn't come from there ( bribed a reviewer as usual :D ) so at least I didn't pay those prix) - sorry guys , I thought the same as you.  Seemed a bit weird but looked legit -and RR were releasing digital 26th anyway apparently , so that's not unexpected in terms of date .

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Hmm - oh well , at least my digital copy didn't come from there ( bribed a reviewer as usual :D ) so at least I didn't pay those prix) - sorry guys , I thought the same as you.  Seemed a bit weird but looked legit (and RR were releasing digital 26th anyway apparently , so that's not unexpected in terms of date).

Best you remove the link Brent... forum rules and all.

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
It's already been taken down.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Although, it probably doesn't matter... mid-listen, the page came down.

Edit: Ninja'd

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Only a few more days till release day!!

Online ozzy554

As much as I want to listen to it right now, This time I'll actually wait until my copy arrives in the mail. If this had happend a few weeks ago the temptation might have been too much
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
I will wait and try a second listen of the new DT before any comment.

Meanwhile................

And speaking of VH the talk is getting stronger about Roth out/Hagar being at least talked to.

A rather dramatic change in tone from Hagar all of a sudden

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
You don't wish someone you hate a birthday message lol

I think it's a pretty safe bet that Sammy will be brought back again

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Interesting.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
IMO none of the Dystopia bonus tracks really add much.

After 4 listens of the regular version I have downgraded my rating from mid 90's to 90.   Either way , it's the first time in many years that I have listened to a Megadeth release that much right after release.

Everyone seems to love Endgame ,so I will give that a spin too.

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Everyone seems to love Endgame ,so I will give that a spin too.

That one didn't click and I didn't think much of it for such a long time until Tim turned me onto it again and I now think it's brilliant.

Offline gazinwales

It's actually the first new Megadeth that I have heard in almost 20 years.
Pretty good too, very impressed by the music and how much I like it.

Offline Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth
You don't wish someone you hate a birthday message lol

I think it's a pretty safe bet that Sammy will be brought back again

Did Sammy really say that he hates Eddie?

As far as I remember they were always bickering and bitching about each other but always said that they wish each other nothing but the best. Sure this was probably just lip service but there is no proof that this birthday message is something else.

And even if they hate each other, if there is enough money involved reunions could happen but I won't hold my breath. This, for me, is a case of I believe it when I see.
Must've been Kwyji sending all the wrong songs.   ;D