Author Topic: The Official Hard Rock / Classic Metal Music Discussion and Memorabilia Thread!  (Read 909784 times)

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Haha

But that is quite amazing that Deep Purple isn't already included in the HOF

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Having a listen to Waysted's Save Your Prayers.  About to crash for the night and up to Heroes Die Young, and so far Brent chose by far the best track.  It's alright, nothing special though IMO.  Danny is always reliable.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Having a listen to Waysted's Save Your Prayers.  About to crash for the night and up to Heroes Die Young, and so far Brent chose by far the best track.  It's alright, nothing special though IMO.  Danny is always reliable.

Heroes  Die Young is easily the best track on the album.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Heroes  Die Young is easily the best track on the album.

Hmmm....that's a shame, cause IMO the rest of the album doesn't come anywhere near the quality of this song.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
The album is definitely a let down from the previous one, but I felt that Danny Vaughan was incredible on it. And I loved Fin!
I just listened to it the other day and I still really enjoy it.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Ok, W.A.S.P. recommendations needed.  I bought THC and TCI thanks to Kade.  Spun Golgotha, and bought it.  Spun Dominator and loved it.  What else to I need to go with?
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
The debut and Crimson Idol without a doubt. Chad you will love CI no question and the debut is one of the definitions of 80s metal. Those were good buys you made, the first five albums are the best from what I heard

Offline emtee

The Last Command was my first WASP purchase way back in the day and still my favorite.

Offline Lowdz

The Last Command was my first WASP purchase way back in the day and still my favorite.

I was a fan fromthe first single. Get the first and then you've pretty much got the best stuff. Lac was a big of a letdown but the best tracks from that and Electric Circus would make a great album. I lost track of them after the first Neon God album so can't really comment on those later albums up to Banylon.

Offline ozzy554

Ok, W.A.S.P. recommendations needed.  I bought THC and TCI thanks to Kade.  Spun Golgotha, and bought it.  Spun Dominator and loved it.  What else to I need to go with?

Check out Dying for the world.
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni

Merry Christmas dudes  :metal    Hope you are all having a good "holiday season". Do you want the good news or the bad news?

The bad news (for me) is that the place I should be at the moment has been totalled by bushfires and so our little  holiday is over before it started.  Got down to the coast and was greeted by a mass evacuation of the coastal town of Lorne.  Turn around and back home quick smart.   So far 100+ homes lost but no lives ,which is some sort of miracle.

The good news is that I now have time to do final edits and get the super dooper bumper edition Christmas podcast out in the next 24-48 hours or so  :metal   Just need to give it a listen and get into mp3 etc......
« Last Edit: December 27, 2015, 07:46:04 AM by bl5150 »
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
Damn. I'm glad nobody's been hurt, but if there's any bright side, at least it happened before you went.
The weather's been cool here all week, so I don't think there have been any fires around here.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Merry Christmas to the coolest thread on DTF. Too bad your holiday was detoured, Brent.  Definitely looking forward to the podcast!!!

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Glad to hear nobodies hurt from that.

And this is an award winning thread, greatest thread of all time!!

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Happy Boxing Day!! 

Merry Christmas to the coolest thread on DTF. Too bad your holiday was detoured, Brent.  Definitely looking forward to the podcast!!!

Damn straight... the regulars in this thread are easily my favorite members on DTF.  Too bad we're all spread throughout the globe.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
where is everyone located by the way?  I'm in Texas, near Dallas.

TAC is near Boston, right?  Jingle is near Toronto?  Brent and Wolfie down under, but I don't know which cities.
Winger would be better!

. . . and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Offline Lowdz

Jeez Brent, that's awful. Here in the old country it hasn't stopped pissing down for weeks. We have floods in the north of England. We're in the south at the moment but have to travel through it tomorrow.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Jeez Brent, that's awful. Here in the old country it hasn't stopped pissing down for weeks. We have floods in the north of England. We're in the south at the moment but have to travel through it tomorrow.

The weather certainly seems to be getting more extreme.  We also just had our wettest day in a year here which no doubt helped out the fire situation.  Although they're saying it's expected to be burning for months anyway.

Speaking of pissing I almost piss myself laughing when we get stories on our news down here of a 30-32 degree heatwave passing through England  .  Last summer we had an overnight low higher than that  :P   And we whinge down here when we get a "cold snap" with some days down near zero celsius which I imagine would elicit the same response from some of you guys  :)

As far as location goes Hath I am in the suburbs of Melbourne and I think Wolfie is close enough to Brisbane.  So if I wanted to pop around the corner and pay Kade a visit that would be a 20-24 hour freeway drive  (allowing for a couple of rest breaks)   :-[

"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
   Too bad we're all spread throughout the globe.

I think that's the coolest thing!

TAC is near Boston, right?   

I live in a small town called West Bridgewater. It's about 25 miles due south of Boston.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Winnipeg Manitoba Canada..............the coldest place on earth in the winter.

But the summers are crazy hot

So once again, Even Steven

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
Evening, gents.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Evening mate..........if you're cruising around looking for pickingant in here then I think you'll be disappointed  ;D

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Morning chaps.

*eagerly awaits B&B podcast*

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Morning chaps.

*eagerly awaits B&B podcast*

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
I still haven't gone through the first two properly yet, so I don't mind waiting a bit longer. :lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Is that a Taylor Swift avatar in the Hard Rock thread? Dude?

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
Is that a Taylor Swift avatar in the Hard Rock thread? Dude?
Haters gonna hate hate hate...? :neverusethis:

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
I don't get the reference.
Winger would be better!

. . . and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Who's Taylor Swift?

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
I don't get the reference.

Sadly, I did.  It's actually a catchy song.  Then again, influenza is catchy too.   :lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Bolsters is a chick?  :lol

Offline Lowdz

where is everyone located by the way?  I'm in Texas, near Dallas.

TAC is near Boston, right?  Jingle is near Toronto?  Brent and Wolfie down under, but I don't know which cities.

I'm in Lancaster in the north of England, near the Lake District. The only thing Lancaster is famous for is being the birthplace of John Waite. My dad knew him as a kid apparently.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
When I think of "Lancaster" , the bomber comes to mind.   

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Lowdz

When I think of "Lancaster" , the bomber comes to mind.   

Indeed.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
Evening mate..........if you're cruising around looking for pickingant in here then I think you'll be disappointed  ;D

:lol