Author Topic: The Official Hard Rock / Classic Metal Music Discussion and Memorabilia Thread!  (Read 909479 times)

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Seriously, the first two albums plus the EP they did with Fin on vocals were great. I wore them out when I was a kid. Fin was awesome.
I was so bummed to learn the record company dumped him for Danny Vaughan, trying to capitalize on the hair metal market in the US. So funny to see Pete Way and Paul Chapman with poofed up hair for the Heaven Tonight video.
But I will say that Danny Vaughan's performance on Save Your Prayers is spectacular. He totally won me over. Phenomenal stuff.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Lowdz

2nd track from Last in Line. Much better than the first and Viv finally rocks on the solo. I really didn't think he had it in him.
I do think it lacks the keyboards that were used to, to round out the sound. Great vocal too.

https://m.youtube.com/?reload=7&rdm=1thdd26dl#/watch?v=hjau_WN2v3U&feature=youtu.be

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Good call on Waysted Hath. I can't tell you how special of a band they are to me.

King Kobra is rated a little high though.

Don't know much about Waysted.  Im gonna check them out.

No. I'm using them in yours and Kade's roulette.

They are pretty high on my radar thanks to Brent now, might not get the chance.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Oh I'll get the chance mother :censored.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
hahaha.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Another PF song;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Li_5KB5QuW4

Not much going on here, but a short punchy track that might work well in the flow of the album.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
I already posted it on the previous page. :biggrin:
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Wow, am I getting slow or what.  :lol 

The End is Near is really killer, that's still my fav of the three too.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Another PF song;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Li_5KB5QuW4

Not much going on here, but a short punchy track that might work well in the flow of the album.

There are some comments saying that the beginning sounds like Breaking the Law.  Maybe a little, but the song is very solid overall.  You know what you are getting with Primal Fear.  Straight up kick ass metal.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
Wow, am I getting slow or what.  :lol 

The End is Near is really killer, that's still my fav of the three too.

I'm still listening to that one a lot. Gonna get the album based on that alone.

I also though the intro sounded a bit like Breaking the Law, but didn't mention it since the song didn't otherwise sound like it imo.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
First two or three notes, but nothing really other than that.  Reminds me of Real World by Gamma Ray.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
After re-listening to the two tracks off the upcoming Inglorious album, I'm actually quite anticipating that one now. I think it should at least be a solid hard rock album.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I think I heard one song and didn't really like it.  Might check it out again though.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
I think you probably heard the one with the music video. Neither song is the greatest or most original song, but with those vocals and the production and energy, I still find them enjoyable. I'll definitely be checking out the album.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJTdvTfEFGc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_wSMHZZi8w

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I'll check them out tonight but yeah, I think I remember it now.  It was well performed I just found it pretty generic and not that interesting, but I'll check these ones out.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
Yeah, a bit on the generic side, but as I said, I dug everything else about them, so I still enjoyed the songs. If the whole album is at the same level, I'll probably like it. I think they'll be one to watch in future as they develop too.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Dunno who these guys are but sounds like some solid power metal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCmTJr8twtQ

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
There's so many bands with "Lords" or "Black" in the title, I'm not sure if I know of these guys or not. :lol

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
2nd track from Last in Line. Much better than the first and Viv finally rocks on the solo. I really didn't think he had it in him.
I do think it lacks the keyboards that were used to, to round out the sound. Great vocal too.

https://m.youtube.com/?reload=7&rdm=1thdd26dl#/watch?v=hjau_WN2v3U&feature=youtu.be

Finally got around to checking this out.  Solid song and more to my liking than the first.  The rhythm guitar sound has zero balls though.
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni

The singer is the dude Blackmore got for Rainbow ain't he?
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Lowdz

The singer is the dude Blackmore got for Rainbow ain't he?

He is. Their album is pretty good. Nothing earth shattering, but decent. A follow up should be good and will get some exposure now.

He'll need some balls to get up on the Rainbow stage. I hope he has some stage presence because Ritchie will be n a huff in the corner being all enigmatic.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
I thought the vocalist sounded sorta familiar. I gave that album a listen on Spotify, and it was an enjoyable but forgettable listen from what little I recall.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Finally got around to checking this out.  Solid song and more to my liking than the first.  The rhythm guitar sound has zero balls though.

I thought this too, so thin sounding.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Another (slightly) Dio related project has just been signed by Frontiers..............Eisley/Goldy album coming in 2016.  I assume this was born out of the Giuffria - free Giuffria reunion .

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I've never heard any Giuffrua.  Goldy is a great guitarist though.

Offline Lowdz

Another (slightly) Dio related project has just been signed by Frontiers..............Eisley/Goldy album coming in 2016.  I assume this was born out of the Giuffria - free Giuffria reunion .

The live clips I've seen we pretty good, though I'm not much of a Guiffria fan

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
From the songs that I've heard, Giuffria was pretty good.  David Glen Eisley, the singer, has a great voice.  Eisley was in another band called Sorcery.  Has anyone else, especially Brent, heard of Sorcery?  They were pretty good too.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
I have heard of them JJ - most likely via DG Eisley - but need to check if I have anything of theirs (might have).  Looking at their discog it looks like 2 of their 3 main albums were movie soundtracks which is rather weird.

EDIT:  So yeah ...........I have Sorcery 2 - the one with Eisley on and the non-soundtrack .  Seems it's a "best of the rest" of tracks that were unreleased during Eisley's tenure
« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 03:38:34 PM by bl5150 »

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
It looks like the RnR Hall of Fame have been beaten up by all the criticism of late and finally have decided to induct Deep Purple, Cheap Trick and Chicago.   And NWA  :rollin

Good luck getting all the Purple guys on the same stage.

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Lowdz

I've always quite liked the Dirty White Boy album he did back in the day.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
I've always quite liked the Dirty White Boy album he did back in the day.

I thought of that while we were talking Eisley too , although I don't remember thinking it was anything great back in the day.  Must revisit that one.

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
It looks like the RnR Hall of Fame have been beaten up by all the criticism of late and finally have decided to induct Deep Purple, Cheap Trick and Chicago.   And NWA  :rollin

Good luck getting all the Purple guys on the same stage.

It will probably only be the current lineup that shows up. I can imagine Blackmore snubbing them. But it would be fantastic if he showed up.
How the hell is Deep Purple not already in the RNR HOF? You can't even spell Rock and Roll without the Smoke on the Water riff.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Well Morse/Airey aren't included , although that probably won't stop them turning up in the same way the current KISS guys did.

The RnRHoF is a joke and I wouldn't be surprised if a number of them snubbed it.  I'm pretty sure Coverdale and Hughes will be there though :lol
« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 11:23:26 PM by bl5150 »

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
Well Morse/Airey aren't included , although that probably won't stop them turning up in the same way the current KISS guys did.

Morse/Airey shouldn't be included, but they're still the current band and should be there, and I expect they'd actually let the current band play, unlike with KISS. I mean, what are the odds of them convincing Blackmore to join them in a performance?

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Perhaps if Gillan and the boys go fancy dress it could happen - wish I could photo shop some of the Purple guys in there :lol

www.theguitardojo.com.au