Author Topic: The Official Hard Rock / Classic Metal Music Discussion and Memorabilia Thread!  (Read 909616 times)

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Will download the podcast when I get home from work. Thanks Brent!!!

would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
Now that you mention it I was hoping that the rar file creation would make the file smaller - that's why I did it  :-\
I believe that by default there is no data compression or very little, you'll have to tinker around in Winrar to change the level to something substantial. Though I wouldn't expect much of a difference in filesize anyway so it probably doesn't matter.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
Now that you mention it I was hoping that the rar file creation would make the file smaller - that's why I did it  :-\
I believe that by default there is no data compression or very little, you'll have to tinker around in Winrar to change the level to something substantial. Though I wouldn't expect much of a difference in filesize anyway so it probably doesn't matter.

Yeah, I don't think you'll get any noticeable compression on an mp3 file. The main purpose of an archive file for an album of mp3's is just to collect it all in one file.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Lowdz

Mine probably has a total of 10 mins talk - the more music and less of me the better .  No need to agree all at once :lol

And do I even need to click the ARP link ? - I think I can play it in my head without the link  :)

That's pretty much the Carousel riff  :biggrin:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1uih-Perhqw

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Having a listen to this podcast now Brent, I'm really enjoying it.  Love your sexy accent too, best ever.  :tup 

I'm about an hour through and will listen to the rest tomorrow night.

Lots of great stuff on here, Y&T, Crimson Glory, Accept, Ozzy, Helloween, Testmament, all good shit.

I fucking loved that Waysted track.  Never really got into them but they are a must now.  That Breaker track was killer too, never heard of them before.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I downloaded but haven't had a chance to listen. What Waysted track??
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Listening right now in fact! 
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Breaker is an unknown gem in metal

They only released one album I believe

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Having a listen to this podcast now Brent, I'm really enjoying it.  Love your sexy accent too, best ever.  :tup 

I'm about an hour through and will listen to the rest tomorrow night.

Lots of great stuff on here, Y&T, Crimson Glory, Accept, Ozzy, Helloween, Testmament, all good shit.

I fucking loved that Waysted track.  Never really got into them but they are a must now.  That Breaker track was killer too, never heard of them before.

That's great Kade - thanks  :metal    That's my dream "radio show" scenario -listening to a whole load of cool classics at the same time as discovering a few new bands/rarities and if I get that balance right for you guys then that's "job done."
« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 07:03:02 AM by bl5150 »
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
"Back when Timo Tolkki had 1/2 a clue about what the fuck he was doing".   :lol :lol
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Lowdz

Was use listening to the Testament thinking how Unthrash that song was when all our power went thanks to the floods here. Now finally got some power but not sure how long for. The electric company were saying Tuesday night at the earliest. It's so bad sky news are here.
Going to try again now.

Offline Lowdz

Half way through now, enjoyed everything so far except the Warlord. Has that folk music sound I can't stand, making reunion era maiden a difficult listen  :biggrin:

Nice to hear some Ten era Y&T, great track with a great performance from the legend that was Phil Kennemore. Might be my favourite album by them.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Downloading a .rar extractor now for the podcast.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Downloading a .rar extractor now for the podcast.

I thought I had zipped up the November one but it seems I was dreaming.........and seeing as it has made zero difference in terms of size I will just go back to a standard mp3.   

I am currently uploading that standard format for December too Tim , so if you don't want to muck around with the .rar  then just give me 10 minutes.

it's good to have a zip/rar extractor anyway though.
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I'm all set, Brent. Thank you.  Gonna get it on my iPod for the ride to work tomorrow.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
OK cool.  I have replaced the link in the OP with a non-zipped version anyway.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 05:22:38 PM by bl5150 »

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I fucking loved that Waysted track.  Never really got into them but they are a must now.   

Heroes Die Young :metal :metal

That's from their 3rd album Save Your Prayers featuring Danny Vaughan on vocals. I think you'd really like that Kade.  It's a great album. Features Pete Way and Paul Chapman (from UFO) along with Johnny Ditiodoro on drums who would later join Britny  Fox.

I actually prefer their first two and a half albums with Fin on vocals.

And Brent, call me TAC (as in "tack").  :)

And next Waysted track for Kade on Podcast 3 needs to be Night Of The Wolf.

I'm The One :metal  A Top 10 VH track for me. Maybe Top 5.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Yeah Brent, well done, looking forward to listening the rest and going back to the first one too.

And yeah Tim, that Waysted track was stellar.  I really like Danny Vaughn from his From the Inside project so will definitely check them out.  Was always one of those bands that were on the radar but didn't get around to it.

Nice to hear some Ten era Y&T, great track with a great performance from the legend that was Phil Kennemore. Might be my favourite album by them.

Me too, I love that one. 

Wasn't a huge fan of the Warlord either.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
I had bought the best of Warlord, which at the time was basically all of their songs. The album gets absolutely rave reviews.

I thought it was solid, but the production was terrible.

Last I heard from Warlord is that they reformed with the singer from Hammerfall a few years back

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Last I heard from Warlord is that they reformed with the singer from Hammerfall a few years back

I knew I'd heard the band name before.  Might have to listen to that track again.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
I know they released one or two albums with him

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
And yeah Tim, that Waysted track was stellar.  I really like Danny Vaughn from his From the Inside project so will definitely check them out.  Was always one of those bands that were on the radar but didn't get around to it.

:burns:

Scratch one band off the list for Tim's arsenal during Kade's roulette!

Was really hoping for Def Leppard/Action, but then I got jipped!  :lol  Still waiting for that AD/DC song.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni

I knew I'd heard the band name before.  Might have to listen to that track again.

And Hammerfall covered Warlords "Child of the Damned" on one of their albums. I remember it was a very good rendition

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Yeah, it was on Glory to the Brave, their first album, great song.  Might have to look into them a bit more.

:burns:

Scratch one band off the list for Tim's arsenal during Kade's roulette!

Was really hoping for Def Leppard/Action, but then I got jipped!  :lol  Still waiting for that AD/DC song.

I said to Brent I wanted to hold off on his podcasts for this very reason, but oh well.  :biggrin:

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

I said to Brent I wanted to hold off on his podcasts for this very reason, but oh well.  :biggrin:

And so ends my sharing of songs with Brent that are in the "Wolfking Roulette" playlist.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
I have a playlist from which the next 12 months of podcasts will be drawn (the rare tracks anyway) ,so I wouldn't be too worried Chad :lol

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Believe me -the last thing I want is more tracks for my "wolfking roulette" playlist  :lol

Nah... I just mean if you play anything I give you, if you play em on the podcast, Kade might check 'em out.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
I was editing while you were replying  ;)    And in any case I wouldn't use anything on the podcast that others recommend to me that is any way connected to a roulette/post-roulette ,for that reason. 

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
I was editing while you were replying  ;)    And in any case I wouldn't use anything on the podcast that others recommend to me that is any way connected to a roulette/post-roulette ,for that reason.

You're a good man, Charlie Brown.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I'd say anything new that Brent puts out there, I'll probably be ruthless enough to ban them right away.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Atta boy!

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Stay tuned for the "Everything That's Not in Brent's Wolfking Roulette Playlist" podcast  :metal

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Good, a wolfking friendly playlist with no surprises.  :biggrin:

Damn, Ready to Strike by King Kobra was amazing.  Another band I never really got into.  I have one of their albums from just a few years ago, but it was ordinary.  Gotta get into the Mark Free stuff.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
Good, a wolfking friendly playlist with no surprises.  :biggrin:

Damn, Ready to Strike by King Kobra was amazing.  Another band I never really got into.  I have one of their albums from just a few years ago, but it was ordinary.  Gotta get into the Mark Free stuff.

The self titled from 2011 was pretty good. Their most recent has a couple of good tracks, but isn't as strong from what I remember.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
That's the one I have I'm pretty sure, the self titled.  I should go back and spin it again then.

NP: Brent's podcast - MK - When the Sky Falls.  :metal :metal :metal