Author Topic: The Official Hard Rock / Classic Metal Music Discussion and Memorabilia Thread!  (Read 909696 times)

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
did they get Michael McDonald to sing backup on their version too?
Winger would be better!

. . . and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
Downloading the podcast now, will spin it someday this week at work. :tup I surely need to renew some of my old acquaintances with the bands in the genre and the new ones won't hurt either.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator

Oh, and next time "KadefromBrisbaine" calls, HANG UP!

Now I get the humour in this.  Well played Brent.   :lol

I think we should start a new tradition here for Tim... a Kip-roll.  Next time there's a new Saxon clip, or something with Shenker or Alice Cooper, I'm gonna link the video for 17.   :rollin
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Nice show.  Lots in there that wasn't on my radar or in my library, and three totally new ones (Nation, Loudness, Destination's Calling - though I swear I've seen that album cover somewhere) that are on 'the list'.

Let me know when to send in my requests for next months show.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Lowdz

Nice show.  Lots in there that wasn't on my radar or in my library, and three totally new ones (Nation, Loudness, Destination's Calling - though I swear I've seen that album cover somewhere) that are on 'the list'.

Let me know when to send in my requests for next months show.

Bloody hell, nation were on your roulette list, instead I sent those ballads you didn't appreciate  :biggrin:

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
FFS, I SAID I FELT BAD!!!!   :biggrin:

It's not like I didn't appreciate them, I just appreciated the hell out of other songs.

When are you going to sign up to do a Roulette?  All the cool kids are doing (or have done) it.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
And the coolest is yet to come.  :hat
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Lowdz

It's not like I didn't appreciate them, I just appreciated the hell out of other songs.

When are you going to sign up to do a Roulette?  All the cool kids are doing (or have done) it.

It seems a bit of a pain in the arse tbh  :lol I'm all for an easy life. I'll think about it.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

It seems a bit of a pain in the arse tbh  :lol I'm all for an easy life. I'll think about it.

I thought that too.  Way too much hassle.  It still might be, but these bozos all peer pressured me into it.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

You know you'lll be doing more than thinking about it.

Thinking is irrelevant.
Easy life is irrelevant.
Pain is irrelevant.

Resistance is futile.

:james:

Offline Lowdz

I thought that too.  Way too much hassle.  It still might be, but these bozos all peer pressured me into it.

I've never given in to that  :biggrin:

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Give it time.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
"Paul's Half Assed Roulette" Podcast   :metal  :biggrin:

1) Paul provides a banned list
2) We all submit 5 songs
3) Brent creates a podcast out of them for Paul to listen to
4) Paul ranks the songs and decides Brent is the winner.

Done. :footloose:
« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 06:37:41 PM by bl5150 »
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Henning Basse is the new Firewind singer.  Don't know too much about him.  I have one Metalium and was not bad from what I remember.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
I knew I recognized the name... I only know him from the 2nd Epysode album - Fantasmagoria.  Can't say he stood out, considering Tom Englund and Matt Marinelli (Borealis) were the other male vocal characters.  Those two I remember.

Offline Lowdz

"Paul's Half Assed Roulette" Podcast   :metal  :biggrin:

1) Paul provides a banned list
2) We all submit 5 songs
3) Brent creates a podcast out of them for Paul to listen to
4) Paul ranks the songs and decides Brent is the winner.

Done. :footloose:

5 sounds a bit too much like hard work...  :biggrin:

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I knew I recognized the name... I only know him from the 2nd Epysode album - Fantasmagoria.  Can't say he stood out, considering Tom Englund and Matt Marinelli (Borealis) were the other male vocal characters.  Those two I remember.

Shit, definitely gotta check Epysode out again then.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

Shit, definitely gotta check Epysode out again then.

One day, you'll believe lonestar's quote in my sig.   ;) :-*  ;D

Check your Spotify inbox.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I have listened to both and thought they were very good, just never gave them repeated listens.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
I have listened to both and thought they were very good, just never gave them repeated listens.

I think I just died a little inside.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
I really liked one song on each Epysode album  ;D
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Relax Chad, I'll spin at least one of them tonight.

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
Same here. Added them both to Spotify for later.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

I think we should start a new tradition here for Tim... a Kip-roll.  Next time there's a new Saxon clip, or something with Shenker or Alice Cooper, I'm gonna link the video for 17.   :rollin

I don't think that's funny at all. :P

Had a looooong drive today and listened to Ben and Brent's show again!

I love how after The World Is A Gutter goes right into a song about shooting people! :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
So my brother saw King Diamond last night. His bud is a huge fan so he went to see them.  Saw a few videos he posted. Loved the music but his voice is grating.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
So my brother saw King Diamond last night. His bud is a huge fan so he went to see them.  Saw a few videos he posted. Loved the music but his voice is grating.

King's vocals are an acquired taste for sure. 

I don't think that's funny at all. :P

I'm gonna admit that I don't get that at all.  :P

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

haha, Chad is gonna start crying soon.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

haha, Chad is gonna start crying soon.

No tears, but I'll say a prayer for all of you.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Yeah it's like that. That's why I prefer his later stuff. GMYS...P and The Puppet Master. Even House Of God. His voice is much more focused and not as screechingly high. I thought the music on Abigail 2 was great, but he kills it with those vocals trying to emulate the original Abigail, which to me is almost unlistenable due to the vocals.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Even though I love all his work, I can see what you are saying.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I literally only got into KD about 7 years ago. I just could never get into his schtick.

I was turned on to early Mercyful  Fate  back in the day but the satanic references were a turn off. Just never cared for his image. I had a good friend who was into him, and knew the music was top notch.

I have mentioned this before but in the late 80's twice I walked out of a KD show before he came on. I was there to see the opening bands. (Flotsam & Jetsam and Armored Saint). This was in a small club. Man am I kicking myself.

Andy Laroque is the most underrated guitarist in metal, and has been for too long. I hear lots of Schenker in his playing.

Offline ozzy554

I cant really be upset if somebody does not like KD. His vocal style is just one of those things that you either like it or you just don't.

I saw him live for the first time the other day and He was fantastic. Thankfully he played in boston this time instead of at the palladium.

Do you read Sutter Cane?

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I agree about Boston over Worcester.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I have mentioned this before but in the late 80's twice I walked out of a KD show before he came on.

Andy Laroque is the most underrated guitarist in metal, and has been for too long. I hear lots of Schenker in his playing.

Wow, man.

And yeah, Andy is a monster.  He's definitely a top 10 player for me.

I cant really be upset if somebody does not like KD. His vocal style is just one of those things that you either like it or you just don't.

This.