Author Topic: The Official Hard Rock / Classic Metal Music Discussion and Memorabilia Thread!  (Read 909917 times)

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Unfortunately that Reverence album isn't living up to the title track............half way through and so far it's a one song wonder.  Not awful but pretty ho-hum.

EDIT  Opened my mouth too early..........the 2nd half is much more consistent.  Nothing brilliant but was on track for low 70's and ended up more around 80%.  And btw the Jap bonus track is one of the better songs.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 05:45:36 AM by bl5150 »
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Lowdz

Just listening now whilst England capitulate in the cricket again >:(

Yeah, it's ok, nothing special but that's the music they play and they do it well. As you say, 2nd half is better, they go a bit more "epic" with changes of pace. If I'd had the whole album when I was sending a track I may have gone with one of those tracks and not scored as well.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
First time I have checked out a pub gig guide in ages but Lord and Eyefear are playing a small gig down here in a few weeks for $15.   fancy a trip down Kade?  :lol    Nobody I know down here would be interested.
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Lowdz

First time I have checked out a pub gig guide in ages but Lord and Eyefear are playing a small gig down here in a few weeks for $15.   fancy a trip down Kade?  :lol    Nobody I know down here would be interested.

I'd come with you if you could get rid of the spiders...

Offline Lowdz

Next Frontiers project. Sounds quite like the Joel Hoekstra but I like this one. Craig goldy has got better with age.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3FjAJJiCrKg&feature=youtu.be

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Next Frontiers project. Sounds quite like the Joel Hoekstra but I like this one. Craig goldy has got better with age.

You know what you're getting with all of these releases.  All are solid, this one included. 

I guess this is the singer that was with Red Dragon Cartel for a week (one of 14 singers).  Good stuff.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni

The reunion show of Giuffria without Giuffria was interesting  :lol

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Just listening now whilst England capitulate in the cricket again >:(

:lol

Fuck, that's a deal alright.  Wrong season for holidays for me.  >:(
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!

I dig it. Classic early '80s metal sound, solid song, and I like the vocals. Definitely checking this one out.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Lowdz

The reunion show of Giuffria without Giuffria was interesting  :lol

Yeah, strange. Is there any other eponymous named band without the bloke they are named after in the band?

Offline Lowdz

I was never much of a fan of Ken tamplin though I have an album by his band Shout that's average. Here's an original track sung by the gorgeous gabriella guncikova who sings for TSO. Not a great song but she's got a great voice now the Eastern European accent is gone. Thought it might bring some ray of joy to your day as it did mine  :heart  :lol

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
When I realised that there was no link to your beautiful song it ruined my day actually  :-[  ;D

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Lowdz

When I realised that there was no link to your beautiful song it ruined my day actually  :-[  ;D

I do like to tease... In my defence I'm still not well  :lol

https://m.youtube.com/watch?list=PLfKCgX__DMDANE6XBG1ykb7D3eEC7RZx-&params=OAFIAVgB&v=dG5xv6h-mpw&mode=NORMAL

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Fuck, poor TMac, this is awful.  Hopefully he can beat this.

https://www.facebook.com/tonymacalpineofficial/posts/10154331862134517:0

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Fuck, poor TMac, this is awful.  Hopefully he can beat this.

https://www.facebook.com/tonymacalpineofficial/posts/10154331862134517:0

Damn......here's hoping he's strong enough and they got it early enough for a positive outcome.

Great to see all those music legends (and John 5 too   :) ) put on that show for him.

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Yeah, and it says his wife was diagnosed with breast cancer in June.  Good lord!  Should be a good show though.  I'd definitely purchase something too if I were there.

John 5 is okay.  I think I have one album and it was alright, but he has never done much for me either.  His country style playing though is really good.  Great technique.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
Cancer has taken far too many people, including many great musicians. Colon cancer is a particularly nasty one, isn't it? I hope he beats it.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni

John 5 is okay.  I think I have one album and it was alright, but he has never done much for me either.  His country style playing though is really good.  Great technique.

I can't remember his country style but almost everything I have heard from him has made me wonder why he is so high profile .  It says more about him than me but I'd rather listen to stuff I recorded just out of school than most of his stuff  :lol   I just don't hear the amazing talent there that many seem to.

At any other gig featuring Vai, Portnoy, Sheehan etc..... he should be serving drinks.

Cancer has taken far too many people, including many great musicians. Colon cancer is a particularly nasty one, isn't it? I hope he beats it.

it is...............but like many cancer types it can be successfully managed if they have got it before it became metastatic (into the blood and moving elsewhere)

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
And they he has been having treatment for a little while yet, and I remember at the start of all this it seems like he went and got checked very early.  Fingers crossed, we don't need this.

And Brent, compared to the others performing, yeah I kinda agree, but he is very high profile.  I guess maybe the novelty, like MAB!  :lol

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Yeah- MAB (Michael Angelo batio for those who don't follow our lingo  :lol  ) is a technical monster in addition to his novelty value though.   :P     And c'mon..........the man was in Nitro , quite possibly the most legendary metal band of all time.

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I never really checked out Nitro to be honest, so you can add that to my roulette list if you like.  haha.

MAB's solo stuff is actually not that bad.  There's some boring shit, but there's a few songs that are actually pretty good.  I have the X2 Again album, and I think that's all you need in regards to him.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Classic interview here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCWw1fQIvSo

OK - will add to your playlist and now we have just as much shit as before I dropped Autograph  :tup

Their debut album was called OFR - Out Fucking Rageous  :lol

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Lowdz

I can't remember his country style but almost everything I have heard from him has made me wonder why he is so high profile .  It says more about him than me but I'd rather listen to stuff I recorded just out of school than most of his stuff  :lol   I just don't hear the amazing talent there that many seem to.

At any other gig featuring Vai, Portnoy, Sheehan etc..... he should be serving drinks.

it is...............but like many cancer types it can be successfully managed if they have got it before it became metastatic (into the blood and moving elsewhere)

I fancy hearing that Brent. My guitar playing was average at best, and these days is pretty shit as I don't get time to do it and the chops are gone.

I don't mind John 5 tbh but he's not in my top 50 probably.

Trac however has always been a favourite. Those first two albums still get regular attention from me. Hoping for the best for the guy.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Their debut album was called OFR - Out Fucking Rageous  :lol

That's possibly the greatest thing ever.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I really had no recollection of Nitro.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I really had no recollection of Nitro.

TAC roulette resurrection then?

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

After running mine, and then participating in Chad & Brent's, I am rouletted out!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

After running mine, and then participating in Chad & Brent's, I am rouletted out!

You got mine early next year too.  ;D

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Yeah, I have to rest up. And buy some more albums!!

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

I'm sure you've got plenty I don't know.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

I'm sure you've got plenty I don't know.

We'll see.   :)

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
You'll be right buddy.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Damn, Freefall or VP not even listed on the JB website.  No chance of picking them up instore this weekend then.  Hopefully can get the Stryper and will get the Hoekstra if I see it.

Amazon was good with my order this week, a little over a week.  Express shipping will be even better.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni

I fancy hearing that Brent. My guitar playing was average at best, and these days is pretty shit as I don't get time to do it and the chops are gone.

Stuff I recorded 20 years ago?  :lol    I'll see what I can do.........I have a lot of stuff on tape that needs to be tidied up and digitised.  I think I have only done one track so far.   Once I have finished moving etc....I'll upload something (briefly  :lol ) to Youtube for you, as long as you don't mind a very shitty drum machine.  It was a collaboration between me and some dude (we were both studying music together) who is now a producer and doesn't like his old work being put out there for everyone to pick on .

He's a real party pooper this guy - I wanted to call our EP Meltdown on The Edge of Insanity and he wouldn't be in it  ;D

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
We should collaborate on something Brent.  :metal

I'll do an album with that name for sure!!