Author Topic: The Official Hard Rock / Classic Metal Music Discussion and Memorabilia Thread!  (Read 909910 times)

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
When I was 7, I was probably listening to whatever happened to be on the Rage episodes we'd taped. I know Bohemian Rhapsody was on one of them.
Same here, although I used to get up early every week and watch Rage live.

Even as a young'un, waking up early was never my thing. :lol
I remember the first time I watched the Bohemian Rhapsody video, and thinking how long bizarre the song was. But I felt compelled to watch it again, and then I loved it.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Just came back from seeing Judas Priest. Show was awesome and I thought Rob sounded great and much better then the last time I saw them. New songs sounded great mixed in with the classics

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Nice JJ - recent vids/word of mouth suggests to me that Halford has upped his game in recent times and your feedback just confirms that.   I didn't go to see them recently in Australia as they were part of a festival where I basically had zero interest in anyone else on the bill.
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Lowdz

That's a very solid list and  :metal for the Reign of Fury, awesome album. Thought I could have got that into your roulette but should have known better.

Good to know the future of the all knowing Rock/ metal Aussie guru is safe in the hands of the next generation... And he'll grow out of the Michael Jackson!  :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
When I was 7, I was probably listening to whatever happened to be on the Rage episodes we'd taped. I know Bohemian Rhapsody was on one of them.
Same here, although I used to get up early every week and watch Rage live.

I use to stay up on Saturday nights depending on who was guest programming, but taped it most of the time too.  Rage was my introduction to real classic metal really.

I taped it one night when Marilyn Manson was guest programming and he was playing some cool stuff, but Aces High came on and impressed me.  It was one of the coolest thing I had ever seen.  But being an conforming 12 or 13 year old at the time and seeing these 80's guys draped in multicoloured spandex, I knew my friends would laugh and they wouldn't be deemed as 'cool.'  About six months later or so they repeated it and I instantly thought, "Fuck, that Iron Maiden song will be on again."  Saw it again and it changed my fucking life, it couldn't be ignored.  From that point, never bowed or conformed haha, metal for life.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
The Lovely Mrs TAC and I had lunch at the Hard Rock in Boston today. I took a couple of pics.

We sat at a table with Tony Iommi's jacket:

would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Cool shit Tim.  And fuck yeah at those jackets.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
sweet!!

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
I'm interested in what Tim's jacket is covering up - can I make out an Autograph t-shirt there?  :biggrin:
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I'm interested in what Tim's jacket is covering up - can I make out an Autograph t-shirt there?  :biggrin:

Winger bro, Winger.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni

Winger bro, Winger.

Go back to the TAC roulette fore reference

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Frontiers Music Srl will release the new PRIMAL FEAR studio album, "Rulebreaker", on January 29, 2016. The effort will be made available in CD, deluxe CD/DVD and — in collaboration with Soulfood Music in Germany — on vinyl and a special super-limited vinyl edition featuring an eagle head on the vinyl.

"Rulebreaker" combines the strongest PRIMAL FEAR moments ever, with a well-balanced typical PRIMAL FEAR trademark riff vibe, crushing songs and some very ambitious musical journeys.

PRIMAL FEAR recently parted ways with Brazilian drummer Aquiles Priester (HANGAR, ANGRA) and replaced him with Francesco Jovino (U.D.O.). In addition, founding PRIMAL FEAR guitarist Tom Naumann — who has been touring with the group for the past couple of years years — has now officially rejoined the band as a full member.

Singer Ralf Scheepers says: "We have so much energy, fantastic melodies and a hell of a drum groove on each and every song. There is no doubt that the fans will love it as much as I do! And again we have achieved to combine bombastic and atmospheric orchestral sounds with soaring heavy metal riffs and licks, together with ear-splitting screams and also emotional sequences. We have kept the promise of being a heavy metal band with all the trademarks for which people love PRIMAL FEAR."

After the massive "Delivering The Black" world tour, PRIMAL FEAR started the songwriting in spring 2015 and recorded at Hansen Studios in Denmark, with producer Mat Sinner and engineer Jacob Hansen (VOLBEAT, PRETTY MAIDS, AMARANTHE). Mat Sinner adds: "We learned a lot during the 'Delivering The Black' sessions and the following world tour. We tried to put this know-how and all the positive energy into the songs and production of 'Rulebreaker'. Working the second time with Jacob Hansen and even recording in his studio, gave another dimension to our sound, plus the recording comeback of founding member Tom Naumann was the right move."

Classic and ultra-fresh PRIMAL FEAR have created riff-rockers like the album opener "Angels Of Mercy", and groove monsters "The End Is Near" and "Bullets And Tears", which hit the bulls-eye from the beginning. The album features another untamed speed killer "In Metal We Trust" and the metal anthem and title track "Rulebreaker". The melodic and unique ballad "The Sky Is Burning" shows a different side of PRIMAL FEAR with a new vibe and a monster chorus. And of course, PRIMAL FEAR included again an 11-minute plus prog metal tour de force entitled "We Walk Without Fear", spiced with big orchestral arrangements and complex sound designs.

"Rulebreaker" track listing:

01. Angels Of Mercy
02. The End Is Near
03. Bullets & Tears
04. Rulebreaker
05. In Metal We Trust
06. We Walk Without Fear
07. At War With The World
08. The Devil In Me
09. Constant Heart
10. The Sky Is Burning
11. Raving Mad
12. Final Call (bonus track; deluxe edition only)
13. Don't Say You've Never Been Warned (bonus track; deluxe edition only)

DVD (deluxe edition only):

* The End Is Near (video clip)
* Angels Of Mercy (video clip)
* Making Of "Rulebreaker"

PRIMAL FEAR is:

Ralf Scheepers - Vocals
Alex Beyrodt - Guitar
Magnus Karlsson – Guitar, Keyboards
Tom Naumann - Guitar
Francesco Jovino - Drums
Mat Sinner - Bass, Vocals

How the hell can they top Delivering the Black?  It's just not possible, is it?

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
I'm so ready for this.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
As seen in my roulette Primal Fear are capable of really impressing me , but I am yet to hear an album that I rate highly from start to finish (I only have 3 of their albums) .  Hopefully this is the one.

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
As seen in my roulette Primal Fear are capable of really impressing me , but I am yet to hear an album that I rate highly from start to finish (I only have 3 of their albums) .  Hopefully this is the one.

It's called Delivering the Black.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni

haha..............loved the first track and really enjoyed a couple of others and found the rest pretty average/samey.

I guess we can expect to see a new , bigger version of the Primal Fear album cover each week in the albums thread as per tradition? :lol

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

haha..............loved the first track and really enjoyed a couple of others and found the rest pretty average/samey.

I guess we can expect to see a new , bigger version of the Primal Fear album cover each week in the albums thread as per tradition? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Finally got a copy of the WASP and giving it a spin for the first time.  The production is fabulous, great sound.  Last Runaway is a really great track, I've grown to love it.

Miss You is fucking immense.  Blackie has a knack of rewriting the Idol over and over, but makes it work, wonderful track.

Just up to Fallen Under now.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Winger bro, Winger.

:lol

Nah.. While I do have my DT Boston Opera House event T on, the shirt you guys see is my long sleeve Boston Bruins black shirt.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni

:metal

Primal Fuckin Fear

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I do like Primal Fear, but sometimes I find it tough to get through an entire Ralf Scheepers sung album. He kind of grates on me a little.

Offline Art

I really like the first and second Primal Fear records, and a good chunk of Nuclear Fire also, but everything after that seems kind of generic to me...but i will check the new record when released.

Offline Lowdz

Winger bro, Winger.

Nah.. While I do have my DT Boston Opera House event T on, the shirt you guys see is my long sleeve Boston Bruins black shirt.

Punching above your weight with Mrs TAC, nice one  :lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

:metal

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I really like the first and second Primal Fear records, and a good chunk of Nuclear Fire also, but everything after that seems kind of generic to me...but i will check the new record when released.

With Tom back in the band, I'd definitely check it out mate.  He is perfect for PF.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
The new WASP is really fucking great.  Impressive.  It's the same stuff but there's still enough variety there to show that Blackie has really put in an effort with the songwriting.  Miss You is one of the best ballads they have done, and Slaves is pretty damn epic.  Nice grooves too, nothing really plods too much at all, and everything here keeps you interested.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
The new WASP is really fucking great.  Impressive.  It's the same stuff but there's still enough variety there to show that Blackie has really put in an effort with the songwriting.  Miss You is one of the best ballads they have done, and Slaves is pretty damn epic.  Nice grooves too, nothing really plods too much at all, and everything here keeps you interested.

Yeah. I gave it a listen a couple weeks back and really enjoyed it.

This is the post I made:

So I just had a listen to WASP's Golgotha.

Damn, this is a pretty solid album. I haven't listened to anything new by them since 1989!
Some nice lead playing on this, whoever the guitarist is..

Two best songs IMO are Shotgun, which reminds me a ton of 80's WASP, and Slaves Of The New World Order.
Title track is pretty cool too.

I wasn't expecting to get this, and it may not be until Christmas, but I just might spring for it.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 03:43:52 PM by TAC »

Offline Lowdz

I believe Miss You was written for Crimson Idol and it shows. Great album.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

I believe Miss You was written for Crimson Idol and it shows. Great album.

Really? 

But yeah, as I stated before, Blackie has a good knack of writing the Idol over and over but makes it interesting and fresh every time.  The title track is good too, but Miss You is a home run.  :metal

Fallen Under is a nice rocker that's a little different for the band too. 

Offline ozzy554

I think Miss You was written for Blackies Brother who passed away not too long ago. It does sound like a lost chapter from The Crimson Idol though.
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I think Miss You was written for Blackies Brother who passed away not too long ago. It does sound like a lost chapter from The Crimson Idol though.

If that's the case, the emotion really shows, amazing song.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Missed this the first time. Found it while looking for a certain post.

Very cool indeed.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Better get a cup though Brett.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Art

With Tom back in the band, I'd definitely check it out mate.  He is perfect for PF.

Yeah, he really fits perfectly. I saw them live on the Nuclear Fire tour and he was in the band that time, it was a great show!

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Yeah, he really fits perfectly. I saw them live on the Nuclear Fire tour and he was in the band that time, it was a great show!

I think he's an incredible guitarist.