Author Topic: The Official Hard Rock / Classic Metal Music Discussion and Memorabilia Thread!  (Read 909500 times)

Offline Lowdz

Another Freefall track posted. I wasn't that impressed with the snippets but he full tracks are sounding excellent. Preorder booked.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=UViFMBKCRJc

I have only listened to the first half but at this point (although fairly predictable) I am liking it more than the first.   But then I rated the first quite a bit lower than most here (except TAC :D ).

What does he know? You I thought would know better  :lol

Played the 1st one in the car the other day and it's still a great album. Some great vocal performances. Mat Sinner plays a blinder. I know you don't like the multi vocalist thing but I really don't notice it all that much as Tony Harnell aside, the others are fairly similar, singing typical RK songs.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Another Freefall track posted. I wasn't that impressed with the snippets but he full tracks are sounding excellent. Preorder booked.

Really good.  Jakob sounds great as usual.  Magnus has a great knack for writing appropriate songs for his singers.  Any Poodles fans could tell this is a perfectly written song for his voice.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

I have only listened to the first half but at this point (although fairly predictable) I am liking it more than the first.   But then I rated the first quite a bit lower than most here (except TAC :D ).

Played the 1st one in the car the other day and it's still a great album. Some great vocal performances. Mat Sinner plays a blinder. I know you don't like the multi vocalist thing but I really don't notice it all that much as Tony Harnell aside, the others are fairly similar, singing typical RK songs.

Bro, huh?

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
I just wasn't a huge fan of the songs on the debut Freefall from memory - when I get a chance to finish off the latest one I will play the debut after and see if my view has changed.  I am liking the new one so far though - seems a bit heavier overall too.
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I just wasn't a huge fan of the songs on the debut Freefall from memory - when I get a chance to finish off the latest one I will play the debut after and see if my view has changed.  I am liking the new one so far though - seems a bit heavier overall too.

Fuck yeah.

I just wish Magnus would do more intricate extended solo sections, like Last Tribe sort of shit.  The one song he sings on gives hope of that though.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Hmm - looks like a might get a listen to the new Vanden Plas today too.  Not as early as Mr Evermind but still  :metal
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Lowdz

Bro, huh?

It's the pills I tell ya. I've not been well.... Ralph Scheepers, not mat sinner. Ans I mixed up Magnus Karlssons with the golfer robert Karlsson. Bloody good job I'm not at work  :lol

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Well here's music vid of the year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYeWXuRAF9M

Brings back memories of that classic Virgin Steele one.

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I'm 19 seconds in and in heaven.  Do these guys know it's 2015?  Fucking awful song though.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

What does he know?

would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
  :lol

Bits of the Karlsson stuff are so "simple" it hints at a guy running out of ideas - the riff to the Hess song is something a second year guitarist would come up with in warmups - but it works and that's really all that matters  :lol

Overall though this album sounds a bit nearer his Allen/Lande vibe - even some of the keyboard effects - and to me is a heavier, more majestic sounding effort.

Early rating ........85-87% ,which is way higher than I rated the debut.   In any other year (recently) that would put it near the top for the year but there's been so many good releases in recent weeks that it's just another very good album.

I think you guys will really like it.     Later today I will try and squeeze in a listen to the debut.

« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 07:20:40 PM by bl5150 »

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Looking forward to it big time.  I got a Allen/Lande vibe from the last song that was released with Magnus on vox.  As I think of it though, the Jorn track does sound like on older Allen/Lande song too.

What's the chick like that no one has heard of?  And any really stellar guitar work Brent?  I know everything he does guitar wise is stellar but lately I've found his leads a bit safe and not much thought into the solos and such.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Looking forward to it big time.  I got a Allen/Lande vibe from the last song that was released with Magnus on vox.  As I think of it though, the Jorn track does sound like on older Allen/Lande song too.

What's the chick like that no one has heard of?  And any really stellar guitar work Brent?  I know everything he does guitar wise is stellar but lately I've found his leads a bit safe and not much thought into the solos and such.

I would have to go back and listen to the solos more specifically Kade.  I am doing other things while I listen and just focusing on how much I like the song as a whole.  All I can say is that none of the solos blew my mind , but neither did anything strike me as really subpar.    You know what I'm like with my critiques of guitarists though  :lol

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
It's all good, considering Magnus' solo output lately, I kind of know what to expect then.  A shame, the work he put into some of the instrumental sections of some of the Last Tribe work, was incredible.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
As far as favourites go - if pushed to choose I think I would go with the Tony Martin track...listening to that again now.  Could be on Tyr.

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
As far as favourites go - if pushed to choose I think I would go with the Tony Martin track...listening to that again now.  Could be on Tyr.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
And that song does have an impressive solo section - one of the better metal songs of the year.   

Meanwhile at Kade's place..........

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
And that song does have an impressive solo section - one of the better metal songs of the year.   

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
The Tony Martin news is great news!

Offline Lowdz

Didn't realise you were a Tony Martin fan Brent. Knew I should have sent the Sebastien track he sings in your roulette.  ;D

Offline gazinwales

Yeah 'When The Sky Falls' is a killer song.
A huge riff that with Iommi's sound, as already said, would fit right in on Tyr.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Didn't realise you were a Tony Martin fan Brent. Knew I should have sent the Sebastien track he sings in your roulette.  ;D

Yeah ,I definitely like Martin.   In fact the first Sabbath Top 10 I did was Martin era because that's the era I grew up with .......Tyr was my first Sabbath record and it's really the era I would prefer overall (even though I really love Dio and Ozzy ).

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline gazinwales

Yeah me too, that era is my fave Sabbath era.
Let's hope Tony Iommi gets around to releasing those long OOP TM albums with some nice extra's.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Make that three of us boys.

Yeah 'When The Sky Falls' is a killer song.
A huge riff that with Iommi's sound, as already said, would fit right in on Tyr.

You guys are just taunting me.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

:rollin

AWESOME!!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
https://bravewords.com/news/ritchie-blackmores-rainbow-will-not-appear-at-download-festival-uk-show-to-be-announced-soon

So Blackmore's basically confirms that the singer is an unknown. A "cross between Dio meets Freddie Mercury". Wut?

Offline Lowdz

https://bravewords.com/news/ritchie-blackmores-rainbow-will-not-appear-at-download-festival-uk-show-to-be-announced-soon

So Blackmore's basically confirms that the singer is an unknown. A "cross between Dio meets Freddie Mercury". Wut?

It's going to be Candice. He's so under the thumb  :lol

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!

It's going to be Candice. He's so under the thumb  :lol

:lol Would that even count as doing a separate show?

It was already expected that he'd be bringing in no-name people, because he'd be a difficult guy to work with.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Screw that then.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
We already knew a lot of the big names were ruled out, but I was hoping it could realistically be someone like JLT. I don't mind too much, as long as they're good. I just want to hear Blackmore rip it up and rock.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
We already knew a lot of the big names were ruled out, 

How did we know that?

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
We already knew a lot of the big names were ruled out, 

How did we know that?

Coverdale has spoken recently about trying to organize a reunion with Blackmore, but it didn't pan out because of differences. Dio is gone. Aside from that, I guess I mean "assume". Would Gillan do it?
As I said in my last post, I thought JLT would have been a real possibility, since they've collaborated somewhat recently. Maybe a few other formers would be up for it. I don't know.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
I'll be getting a sneak preview listen to the new Def Leppard later today ...........Tim is sooooooo jealous  ;D

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I'll be getting a sneak preview listen to the new Def Leppard later today ...........Tim is sooooooo jealous  ;D
I actually heard a second track that was rocking! Sort of.  ;D

Offline Lowdz

I can probably wait until tomorrow for the def Lep. Last few don't have me desperate to hear it.