Author Topic: The Official Hard Rock / Classic Metal Music Discussion and Memorabilia Thread!  (Read 909868 times)

Offline gazinwales

I get people making strange comments and looking at me weird when I mention I buy CD's.
Most reply with 'why don't you download them for free?'.....
Then when I tell them I just bought a new turntable and that I also buy vinyl, they think I'm certifiable.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I get people making strange comments and looking at me weird when I mention I buy CD's.
Most reply with 'why don't you download them for free?'.....
Then when I tell them I just bought a new turntable and that I also buy vinyl, they think I'm certifiable.

I've heard that a few times, it fucks me off.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Horseshit

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Kids these days.  Meanwhile, the spend $4 for a coffee that is gone in 15 minutes; $15 for a 2 hour movie in the theater, but refuse to drop between $5-$10 for an album that will last a lifetime.

:youfail:
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Not to mention $100 plus for hipster jeans and shirts, and go out and spend easily a few hundred dollars on drinks and shit on a night out.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Not to mention $100 plus for hipster jeans and shirts, and go out and spend easily a few hundred dollars on drinks and shit on a night out.

Just pay for some music ya hipster doofus pricks

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
The new CIIC and Stryper are fantastic.

I would hold their last releases, Seasons Will Fall and NMHTP as good as it gets from each band. However, I think I can say the new releases will easily equal them and quite likely, surpass them.

Both albums will be the heaviest from both bands to date; for CIIC, it's their heaviest and darkest.

Standout tracks for CIIC are "Ghost of the Devil" & "Taken Away.

For Stryper, "Pride" & "King of Kings"

But no filler on either- all awesome!

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Nice Jason.

The CIIC is very dark, especially in the lyrics departement.  However, I find myself having to repeat this time and time again.  I knew it would grow into a monster and it's surpassing that, it's fantastic.  How Brent got to his rating only after 2 listens is impressive.  It's taken me 10-12.  I can't seem to turn it off, love the production, the heavy ass guitars, the melodies, the consistencies throughout and love how the lead guitar pans prominently between left and right speakers dependant on the guitarist.  I love hearing that shit on a studio album.  The solos on here are very, very impressive too, as with all CIIC albums though.

Brilliant piece of work this.  If I had to pick some favs, I don't know maybe; Untold Dreams, Ghost of the Devil, Somewhere and Taken Away I'd say.  Have to mention One More Day with that heavy as fuck riff.

Offline Lowdz

I found it a pretty instant attraction too. I'm not a huge CIIC fan, maybe that's why. I've not heard all their albums and aren't that familiar with any save the first.

Just downloaded the new Vinnie Moore but won't have chance to play it tonight. Just burning a disc for the car.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
I found it a pretty instant attraction too. I'm not a huge CIIC fan, maybe that's why. I've not heard all their albums and aren't that familiar with any save the first.

Just downloaded the new Vinnie Moore but won't have chance to play it tonight. Just burning a disc for the car.

Did you "download it for free"?

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Yeah, funny how you guys liked it instantly, still such a grower for me.

The Vinnie Moore is out already?

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator

I'm sure he spent at least €0.12 per song.   :biggrin:
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Lowdz

No, through the Kickstarter.

Offline Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth
So apparently I'm another one of those rare species that still buy their music. For a long time I only bought physical copies but because I rip all my cds to mp3s anyway and my computer is my main music player and I don't hear the difference between a good mp3 and a song on cd, I've switched to mostly online purchases via amazon lately.

For checking out music I mostly use the free spotify version. I've thought about going premium, but they want to have to much private information and too much access rights on my tablet for my liking, so I stay with the free version.
Must've been Kwyji sending all the wrong songs.   ;D

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
 :tup

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
wow

Offline Kwyjibo

New Anthrax: Evil Twin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPmLkF3e6Fc

It's not bad but doesn't blow me away, still eagerly awaiting the new album (first quarter of 2016)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Wow, I like it. Classic Anthrax.

It took a long time for Worship Music to click, but when it did....BAM!
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 02:17:41 PM by TAC »
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Great tune.

If this album is anything like WM, I'll be happy. That's a fantastic disc

Offline Kwyjibo

Yeah, Worship Music was great after it had sunk in. Back then I didn't believe that they still had a killer record in them. It was 8 years since the last studio record (WCFYA) and the chaos with their lead singers (Bush in, Bush out, Belladonna in and out, then Dan Nelson and then Belladonna again and rumors of Corey Taylor etc.) did significantly lower my expectations. But man, did they deliver. If the new one is anything like it, I would cry tears of joy  :metal :metal :metal

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I did not like WCFYA at all. I felt like it took so long to get out, it was sucked of all life a la St. Anger.

I bought Worship Music upon it's release, and I liked it, but then out of the blue, it hit me like a ton of bricks.

Offline Kwyjibo

Comparing WCFYA to St. Anger is simply not fair  ;D Nothing is as lifeless as St. Anger. Oh, and I really liked WCFYA, not their best but good enough imo.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Comparing WCFYA to St. Anger is simply not fair  ;D Nothing is as lifeless as St. Anger. Oh, and I really liked WCFYA, not their best but good enough imo.

I seem to be on the wrong side of WCFYA. Lots of folks I respect love it. I just think it's so bad. :)

BTW I LOVE John Bush!

Offline Kwyjibo

John Bush's the man  :metal

Before Bush came along I always thought that Belladonna was the weak link. Not aggressive enough with his high pitched vocals. But on Worship Music he completely blew me away. His voice sounds more toned down and powerful, one of the few singer's that get better with age.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I still never understood them replacing Joey with John. They were on an upward trajectory. I know the 90's were tough, and maybe they  still would've struggled with Joey. I remember seeing them in Boston the first time out with John. Didn't they do 3 East Coast and 3 West Coast dates with MTV in tow?

Stomp 442 is one of my favorite albums of all time.

Offline Lowdz

I'm not the biggest Anthrax fan though Spreading the Disease is a great album. Might have to give the last couple a go as I've been on a thrash kick recently.

Joey is a great singer but was probably too good for a thrash band. If you hear him singing journey it's hard to imagine him singing thrash and it was a bit incongruent when they heavier things up after StD. John bush has a great heavy voice but the SOWN album didn't do it for me, apart from a song or two. Black Lodge is the Bly thing that springs to mind from it.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I'll be honest. I remember being very disappointed with SOWN. I do like it now.
In fact, I would say that the Bush era was all in all a failure in my eyes.

Offline Lowdz

Really like the new tune though.  :metal

Offline Lowdz

So, the Vinnie Moore.
Really good on first listen. Very bluesy and laid back in tone, though plenty of widdley in there. Some tracks sound like they would be on meltdown if they were produced differently.

Certainly makes me want to delve into it, unlike the recent T Mac which was awful. It's not going to be up there with the first three which were godly but I'd take this over anything since The Maze.

It's on Spotify now.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
So, the Vinnie Moore.
Really good on first listen. Very bluesy and laid back in tone, though plenty of widdley in there. Some tracks sound like they would be on meltdown if they were produced differently.

Certainly makes me want to delve into it, unlike the recent T Mac which was awful. It's not going to be up there with the first three which were godly but I'd take this over anything since The Maze.

It's on Spotify now.

Glad I am not the only one who didn't like the last TMac.   I have only listened to a couple of tracks on the new VM one and I did hear touches of Meltdown myself , albeit a bit rawer.
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
The TMac was a difficult listen.  I didn't go back to it that much, but the DVD of the band performing the songs helped it grow.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Metal Church EPK

https://youtu.be/wLBQKXQlKSc

Mike looks like he's really not getting into recording those vocals  :lol   :metal

I am looking forward to this.
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Lowdz

Another Freefall track posted. I wasn't that impressed with the snippets but he full tracks are sounding excellent. Preorder booked.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=UViFMBKCRJc

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Another Freefall track posted. I wasn't that impressed with the snippets but he full tracks are sounding excellent. Preorder booked.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=UViFMBKCRJc

I have only listened to the first half but at this point (although fairly predictable) I am liking it more than the first.   But then I rated the first quite a bit lower than most here (except TAC :D ).

www.theguitardojo.com.au