Author Topic: The Official Hard Rock / Classic Metal Music Discussion and Memorabilia Thread!  (Read 896904 times)

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
I quite like Jorn's version, terrible modern production aside. If Jorn's original stuff was half as good, I'd actually like it. I didn't mind the new Whitesnake version overall, but Coverdale is finally showing his age in the studio, and it's too processed. Had they just gone out with Forevermore, it would have been a perfect end.
Nothing will top the original Purple version.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Even though Coverdale's voice is all but gone, this is more reason to do some new original material.  Write around what he can do.  Don't reproduce something that's obviously going to show many, many flaws.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
Yeah, that's what I said earlier too. Original material would allow him to write to his current range and style.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
Plenty for me to like in there.............

The official line-up for the 2015 MONSTERS OF ROCK CRUISE is as follows:

Tesla; Europe; Night Ranger; Tom Keifer of Cinderella; Extreme; KIX; Queensryche; Krokus; The Winery Dogs; Stryper; Lita Ford; Black Star Riders; Y&T; Zebra; Black ’N Blue; Faster Pussycat; Honeymoon Suite; Tyketto; Keel; John Corabi; Kip Winger; Michael Sweet; Richie Kotzen; Mike Tramp; Joel Hoekstra; Derek St. Holmes; Ron Keel; Leatherwolf; Babylon AD; Bang Tango; Heavens Edge; Frank Hannon Band; Lillian Axe; Rhino Bucket; Pamela Moore; Gabbie Rae; Atomic Punks; and AJ’s Bravehearts.

Wow.  REALLY strong lineup.  There are a bunch of bands I would see if I were going. 
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 01:38:15 PM by bosk1 »
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
There are a few bands I've never heard of (gabbie Rae, Joel hoekstra, frank hannon, ajs brave hearts)

But overall, excellent line up!!

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
Frank Hannon is one of the guitarists from Tesla.  He has had a solo band for a long time, but they are pretty low-profile. 

Hoekstra has been the guitarist for Night Ranger and Whitesnake. 

Never heard of Gabbie Rae before.  Apparently, she is a young pop rock musician, and she is getting gigs with a lot of classic metal bands.   Not bad. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EDsCuUWdTk

EDIT:  Interesting and kinda cool covers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9H65GFpdww
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-lxA13Eo1I
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 03:35:36 PM by bosk1 »
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Yeah, that's what I said earlier too. Original material would allow him to write to his current range and style.

Sort of missed the conversation on the last page due to my rage at the time.  :lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Honestly the lineup to the MOR Cruise looks like the 80's threw up on itself.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus

And that's a bad thing?

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni

Awesome,isn't it?  ;D
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

And that's a bad thing?

Yes..

Awesome,isn't it?  ;D

...and No. ;D
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
It's...it's almost like you are speaking English, Tim.  But the words just don't make sense.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
East Coast, baby!

Gotta go pahk tha cah!

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Tim is turning heel on us!!

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Evil Invaders  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhgwRBb48VI

This is a new release believe it or not ..............not something I would bother with very often ,  but for anyone who was enjoying (or tolerating in my case )  speed metal in the mid-late 80's with the psychotic high pitched vocals you might get a grin on your face listening to this.   I found it pretty entertaining in terms of the retro vibe ,if nothing else.  ;D  :metal
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 06:51:38 PM by bl5150 »
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
A grin on my face? No kidding. I was cracking up. :lol

I MUST get this album.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
 ;D   Best line in the song of course is (cue crazy metal vocal)  "Fuck off!!   Fuck off this bullshit! "  :lol

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
;D   Best line in the song of course is (cue crazy metal vocal)  "Fuck off!!   Fuck off this bullshit! "  :lol
Yes, caught that!

The music put me in a time machine. It was cool. I'd like to check out another track first, But I may get this.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
I wonder if they have any ballads

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
I wonder if they have any ballads

They do...........it's called Fuck Off (Radio Edit)  ;)

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
They actually remind me of Agent Steel. Remember them?

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
They actually remind me of Agent Steel. Remember them?

Yeah........crossed my mind too.

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Evil Invaders  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhgwRBb48VI

This is a new release believe it or not ..............not something I would bother with very often ,  but for anyone who was enjoying (or tolerating in my case )  speed metal in the mid-late 80's with the psychotic high pitched vocals you might get a grin on your face listening to this.   I found it pretty entertaining in terms of the retro vibe ,if nothing else.  ;D  :metal

This isn't bad at all.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Bravewords reviews are always pretty credible.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Bravewords reviews are always pretty credible.
Yeah, for the most part.

I visit 3 music sites daily:
DTF
Bravewords
Dime

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
I pretty much just visit DTF and the blabbermouth.

Bravewords is a good site too

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
I'm disturbed by the lack of Europe in this very thread!  :angry:

Europe - Days Of Rock And Roll [New song 2015]

A group that imo is a solid example of "aged with dignity". Seen them 3 times and they always put out a solid show with top notch sound.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
decent tune

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

That's cuz they belong in this thread.
https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=29408.2975

• DTF.org Member

That's cuz they belong in this thread.
https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=29408.2975
Oh sry  :facepalm:  :blush

Nevermind then  :biggrin:
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I should have followed my post with a  ;D.

Didn't mean to come off like an ass.

• DTF.org Member
No man you didn't come off like an ass!  :)

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
No man you didn't come off like an ass!  :)

Yeah, he sorta did.  ;D

jk.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns